Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CoV: SC Weapons Roster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

CoV: SC Weapons Roster Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Weapon: Magnablade

The magnablade is a small, compact dagger composed of the nearly indestructible metal, Magnum. It never dulls, and is absolutely impossible to shatter. However, it's not really a weapon, in fact, it's more of a utility knife, more than anything else. Its design and purpose are simple. It's light, easily procurable, and cuts things that need to be cut.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Hm....NOT ACCEPTABLE! At least until you can tell me how an unbreakable metal is sharpened first? See, you cannot have an unbreakable knife, because in order to sharpen it, you have to "break" off minuscule parts of it in order to make it sharp. Sorry! >.<
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Hum...while I'm not interested in/not part of the roleplay, I just had to say.
Magnum should, by all means, be able to be sharpened by other magnum or something coated in magnum powder.
E.g. Diamonds are supposedly the hardest substance in the world but can be cut via diamond cutters/other diamonds.
So technically, it would be able to be sharpened. o3o
Delete this post if you so desire.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Cram wrote:
Hm....NOT ACCEPTABLE! At least until you can tell me how an unbreakable metal is sharpened first? See, you cannot have an unbreakable knife, because in order to sharpen it, you have to "break" off minuscule parts of it in order to make it sharp. Sorry! >.<

It's story related.

EDIT: Besides.... can't you just use MORE magnum to sharpen it...? Like VVO put it, like diamonds?
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:08 am

VVO-The obsessor wrote:
Hum...while I'm not interested in/not part of the roleplay, I just had to say.
Magnum should, by all means, be able to be sharpened by other magnum or something coated in magnum powder.
E.g. Diamonds are supposedly the hardest substance in the world but can be cut via diamond cutters/other diamonds.
So technically, it would be able to be sharpened. o3o
Delete this post if you so desire.

Huh. That IS a good point... Fine, fine...ACCEPTABLE! This weapon has the "okay" to be used. Alos, Why don't you want to join? Is it the posting minimum? Because it only regards spacing, not post length.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 am

Oh, heavens.
It's not the posting maximum, the magic imbued technology just reminds me too much of my (failed) NaNo, PoW (yes, acronyms to make me seem more/less nerdy).
That NaNo was just...49,210 words of massive failure.
Though I could probably turn it into a roleplay and it might be semi-epic now that I look at its planning.

...and I like how I am just now realizing that I'm a massive well of useless information. ._.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 pm

now now, the magitek is only powered by enchanted stones in small metal packs that channel the energy. The only magic part of the guns are the power cells.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 am

I believe the point they were trying to put is...

There is a fine line between very durable/strong and nearly industructable/unbreakable

It's the whole "It's ALMOST invincible but since it's NOT COMPLETELY it's fine"

This seems to be a repeated mistake which has been made in the past many many times (by many many people, you being one of them, if you make it diamond (rather than MAGIC) imbued, it can be very durable and such would be PERFECTLY acceptable)

Total side note: Out of those many who have made this mistake, I myself have made it with ATC's sword
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:46 am

no, no, no. Only one weapon uses magitech. The Gauss Rifle. look it up to discover why.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:15 am

This is the main gun of my character but i need Cram to approve/disapprove it. The profile is under the World of Isiya: Character Sheets

AP-SMG or Armor-Piercing SubMachine Gun:

It is a steam gun Katherine's own design. It uses 30 10p ammunition per clip and has 3 steam cells. The many cells are to allow the gun to fire a round at very high speed and to do it fast. The gun weighs 6 pounds. It has a sling so it can be looped over the shoulder. It also has a foldable shoulder guard made of wood to reduce recoil. It has burst settings of 1, 3, and 5 along with the option to go full auto. It is very difficult to maintain and sometimes a bullet gets caught in the barrel, effectively shredding the it apart. As one might imagine, this gun is meant for 2 hands at once and is meant for short to medium range. This is one of katherine's prototypes so it is the only one in existence and is extremely hard to fix. It must have parts customly made by a steamsmith to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:22 am

Kudo wrote:

There is a fine line between very durable/strong and nearly industructable/unbreakable

This seems to be a repeated mistake which has been made in the past many many times (by many many people, you being one of them, if you make it diamond (rather than MAGIC) imbued, it can be very durable and such would be PERFECTLY acceptable)

Total side note: Out of those many who have made this mistake, I myself have made it with ATC's sword

Magnum (as with almost all metals) is melt-able, so it's not completely indestructible.... please stop trying to poke fun here, okay? Especially when you spell "indestructible" wrong when there's an automatic spell-check on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:39 am

DarkLink3603 wrote:
This is the main gun of my character but i need Cram to approve/disapprove it. The profile is under the World of Isiya: Character Sheets

AP-SMG or Armor-Piercing SubMachine Gun:

It is a steam gun Katherine's own design. It uses 30 10q ammunition per clip and has 3 steam cells. The many cells are to allow the gun to fire a round at very high speed and to do it fast. The gun weighs 6 pounds. It has a sling so it can be looped over the shoulder. It also has a foldable shoulder guard made of wood to reduce recoil. It has burst settings of 1, 3, and 5 along with the option to go full auto. It is very difficult to maintain and sometimes a bullet gets caught in the barrel, effectively shredding the it apart. As one might imagine, this gun is meant for 2 hands at once and is meant for short to medium range. This is one of katherine's prototypes so it is the only one in existence and is extremely hard to fix. It must have parts custom made by a steamsmith to be fixed.

That's what I like to see! Well thought out and explained weapons that can break! (ATC's sword) Very well! You may start anytime you like

PS: .sickling. burned you on that one Kudo!
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:32 am

YESSSSS!!!! BTW did you look up the charcter, too?
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 4:08 pm

.sickling. wrote:
Kudo wrote:

There is a fine line between very durable/strong and nearly indestructible/unbreakable

Magnum (as with almost all metals) is melt-able, so it's not completely indestructible.... please stop trying to poke fun here, okay? Especially when you spell "indestructible" wrong when there's an automatic spell-check on the forum.

No, I'm not poking fun at all, fuck you for the spell check, that was a low-blow since that was an old post, the old computer has no fucking spell check, it depends on your software. I'm serious about the whole "ALMOST invincible" crap. Since it's what you basically based characters like Res on (almost everything thrown did nothing, there was a reason Kiki threw a bitch fit about that, especially after the whole god-modded thing was passed in that other RP, it's not uncommon for new people to make an almost invincible thing, look at ATC, I killed him because that)

Also, I mentioned MANY times how "broken" (in the Meta Knight sense) ATC's sword was, and none of you pay any fucking attention until NOW? You all fail at observing this crap and as creators as a whole. It's a game of loopholes to all of you, why do you think I bitch about even Kudo Shinjiro's design? (If you didn't notice THAT either, you also fail) Hell, I EVEN SAID IT AT THE END OF MY LAST POST. If you want your god damn example.

Poke fun my ass, yes I'm ranting/bitching here since you miss the point completely, just by saying "it's not completely indestructible" fucking proves it.

ATC's sword cannot be sharpened directly if at all, and thus the shifting with blood sacrifice, or did you forget about that too? It's downfall is due to the shift, ATC cannot wield it properly directly after-wards and many screw ups will occur (the force multiplier fucks up things too) you see, I give my stuff unique downfalls that are much more common to occur rather than the whole fucking Achilles' heel effect.

At this point, I'm sick of all your bullshit in this just trying to take me down whenever possible, Michael, perhaps you didn't notice? All the FUCK load of stuff towards me? I'm telling you all now this since you don't look at both sides of the story, you make what you can for your RPs and go on. Hell, I'm only doing that last one because if any of the rest of you were to god-mod it like the rest of the characters it would seem so pathetic it's not even funny.

TL:DR this and I'll kick you in the balls during school, I have officially been ticked off.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 4:29 pm

That post was almost a month ago. There's really no point in getting fussed over it now. What's done is done. I apologize for it, though, I wasn't feeling that great during that time...

And, if you are coming to Cram's party today, you can kick me there. I probably deserve it. Because this is an example of a successful troll.

If any of you don't know what a troll is, it's deliberately making someone flame another user. Flaming is directly insulting another user, as well. Trolling is similar, but not the same as flaming. Kudo here, has been victimized by a troll.

Still, I find it funny how almost everyone in this thread has disagreed with the idea of an "unbreakable metal."
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Being that I just lost my post and must get ready to check out of my hotel, I will attempt to mitigate the situation later via AIM or via edit of this post. Please refrain from deleting this post in the case that I should want to edit it later.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:37 pm

.sickling. wrote:
That post was almost a month ago. There's really no point in getting fussed over it now. What's done is done. I apologize for it, though, I wasn't feeling that great during that time...

And, if you are coming to Cram's party today, you can kick me there. I probably deserve it. Because this is an example of a successful troll.

If any of you don't know what a troll is, it's deliberately making someone flame another user. Flaming is directly insulting another user, as well. Trolling is similar, but not the same as flaming. Kudo here, has been victimized by a troll.
Still, I find it funny how almost everyone in this thread has disagreed with the idea of an "unbreakable metal."

Don't worry, I just have a short temper at times at it was morning, and after all the stuff on IWBTF as far as spelling, bringing up a problem I pretty much solved sorta crossed paths in my head. (Spelling I managed to solve, grammar...no, not yet obviously)

You won't get kicked, (god damn I need to calm down) either way, yes the whole indestructible metal idea for ATC's sword was a HORRIBLE idea (I admit it, and it should pretty much fail this sort of weapon test, regardless of downfalls)

As far as unbreakable metal, most people tend to dislike because it's basically saying "no weakness so what now?" (hence why downfalls are created in the first place) but since it's such a solid base, it's like this:

Weapon = 1
Give a weapon a power multiplies that number
Number must be lower than 2000

Adders:
Easy Lethal + 230 (as in...someone can use weapon and kill without trying very hard at all)
Magik + ??? (spelled wrong purposely, has some sort of unique power, depends on power)
Helping Hand + 40 (Makes the weapon easier to use in some form with an accessory of some sort)

Multipliers:
Infinite Supply x50 (due to order of operations, you must do this to the)
Indestructible x200 (I think you get the point of what I'm saying from this)
Regeneration x30 (may be lessened if regeneration of weapon takes longer, cannot be mixed with indestructible)
Irreversible Damage x400 (wound may not be cured, AT ALL, un-curable poison counts, but if the effects can be reduced like in the other RP, then do not apply this)

Subtracters:
Downfalls, depends on what kind
Hard to use -50 (do not apply if character is mastered with weapon)
Energy Consumption - ??? (depends how much energy it uses, or how much cool down there is after using it in battle, or even during battle)
etc. etc.

Dividers (VERY RARE):
Uselessness divde by 10 (Being a supremely useless weapon, can come in different ways, and therefore alter how much you divide by)
Permanent side effects to USER divide by 2 (

Let's take ATC's Sword as an example

Magik, + 60 (The Yukari Yakumo Effect, this would add infinity if it weren't for later so this is specially done), Indestructible, x200

already we're at 12,000, 10,000 above the limit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoV: SC Weapons Roster   CoV: SC Weapons Roster Empty

Back to top Go down

CoV: SC Weapons Roster
Page 1 of 1