Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CoT Weapons! Simplified!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

CoT Weapons! Simplified! Empty
PostSubject: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:35 am

Current Name [Nickname](Original Name)
Lets start with the MC's Weapon!

Aura Discharge: The MC has an unusual skill, he can mimic another's aura and use it to attack. (Aura switch can only be done outside of battle.) His default aura is grey. The aura discharge acts like a whip and a claw.
Pros: 2nd Highest ATK and ACC in default mode
Cons: Low chance of counter in default mode and oly physical skills are availible

Next is Batou's:
Axe: Though small spoken, Batou is quiet accurate with such an unweildy weapon.
Pros: Highest ATK power of all weapons
Cons: low ACC/counter

Kaida's:
"Royal Guards" (Cesti)
Normally only a skilled doctor, Kaida only carries around these weapons for self defense. They inflict practically no damage, but only force the opponent away.
Pros: Has attack priority + High acc/counter + High stun
Cons: No/Very little damage

Tina's
Book: A Magical book that also has metal corners for smacking capabilities
Pros: High Magic attack
Cons: Lowest attack priority

Reina's (Nodoka)
Staff: A stiff hickory pole with metal endcaps. Perfect for cracking skulls
Pros: Equal attack priority and magic attack
Cons: Lowest offensive capabilities.

Zaraku [Zaku for short] (Mako)
Fists: As a Krav Maga master, only his fists are an acceptable killing force
Pros: High speed and Med attack/counter
Cons: Magic defense is low

Miro's
Spear: Only with skillful hands can one master such a weapon without fear of injuring those around him.
Pro's: Med ACC Med ATK
Con's: Slowest Speed/lowest counter

Kazu (Kudo)
Knife x1: Such a short blade, surely one cannot do so much damage! That is the fatal mistake of many who have see this blade.
Pros: Fastest atk speed + 2nd highest counter
Cons: Low atk
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Huh, I thought I set Kaida to a Sabre? What the heck does a royal guard look like?
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Cram wrote:
Huh, I thought I set Kaida to a Sabre? What the heck does a royal guard look like?

Read the character sheet. Again. Then read it again. And make the necessary changes.

ADMIN'S NOTE: What the hell is up with this empty space?
Drag3ndz's Edit: Empty space is spamming. I will let this one slide.

And I do remember about you saying my moderator powers being restored about a week ago. I do hope it's because you forgot because if it's anything otherwise I fear there is something seriously wrong between us two.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Well, even though her weapons do no damage, WHAT IS THE POINT OF HER? She might as well have a stun gun or some sh!t because seriously, I would not want the only healdf to be battle useless. And before you say, "Cram you are stupid, you didn't read the character profile! BAW BAW BAW" Let me say this, I gave her a saber because she needed a weapon, I didn't pay attention to the RP (Why? comes later) and now that I look at it, she reminds me of Mitsuru. I also would like to remind you all characters need to be capable of doing Physical damage AND magic damage. They are NOT to be human stun guns. Hell, Zaku is supposed to learn a stun skill later too! Kaida needs the Sabre, not the fists. Plus, the Text RPG is NOT canon! It really isn't! Kaida was added in the RP and now she gets to replace Reina (Nodoka)! You should be happy! I haven't yelled at you for trying to usurp my project. You did it with Drag3ndz's stuff too. he complained to me about it MANY times.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:06 pm

Cram wrote:
Well, even though her weapons do no damage, WHAT IS THE POINT OF HER? She might as well have a stun gun or some sh!t because seriously, I would not want the only healdf to be battle useless. And before you say, "Cram you are stupid, you didn't read the character profile! BAW BAW BAW" Let me say this, I gave her a saber because she needed a weapon, I didn't pay attention to the RP (Why? comes later) and now that I look at it, she reminds me of Mitsuru. I also would like to remind you all characters need to be capable of doing Physical damage AND magic damage. They are NOT to be human stun guns. Hell, Zaku is supposed to learn a stun skill later too! Kaida needs the Sabre, not the fists. Plus, the Text RPG is NOT canon! It really isn't! Kaida was added in the RP and now she gets to replace Reina (Nodoka)! You should be happy! I haven't yelled at you for trying to usurp my project. You did it with Drag3ndz's stuff too. he complained to me about it MANY times.

Kaida's archetypal role in the concept (not even close to becoming a game) is a dedicated cleric. She is basically a healer with little-to-no offensive capability, although she can provide support by stunning opponents. True, it sounds boring, but I do want the idea of this game to be (mostly) free of any SMT references.

First off, you want every character to be capable of dealing magical/physical damage. That is a quality, that I can already tell is mainly derived from Persona, an SMT game, one of your favorite role-playing games. Don't go telling me that Final Fantasy has that too: you had to look into that. Your inspiration came from that game, and therefore I don't like that.

Secondly, you accuse her of being a copy of a character THAT SHE HAS ALMOST NO RELATION TO. I don't think I need to go into further detail about that, since VVO has never played Persona 3. Kaida =/= Mitsuru

Thirdly, the RPG IS canon. Why? Because it was intended to help mold the story. Seeing as our initial attempts to formulate any sort of plot ended up as dismal failures, I decided to make it into an RP. Don't argue with me on this one. You would never have come up with a decent story on your own (or even at all). I would never have come up with a decent story. None of us would have. Only by working together, we could make something remotely resembling a plot (as Persona-inspired it is). Therefore, the RP is canon.

Fourthly (if there is such a word), I don't remember any sort of character named Reina (Nodoka).

And lastly, you accuse me of trying to usurp your project? Ask yourself. Why would I usurp this project? I've worked far more on it than you ever have (you even agreed to that last year...). Just take a look at all the threads in the subforum >_>

WHAT IS LOVE? BABY DON'T HURT ME, DON'T HURT ME, NO MORE
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:27 pm

.sickling. wrote:

Kaida's archetypal role in the concept (not even close to becoming a game) is a dedicated cleric. She is basically a healer with little-to-no offensive capability, although she can provide support by stunning opponents. True, it sounds boring, but I do want the idea of this game to be (mostly) free of any SMT references.

First off, you want every character to be capable of dealing magical/physical damage. That is a quality mainly derived from Persona, an SMT game.

Secondly, you accuse her of being a copy of a character THAT SHE HAS ALMOST NO RELATION TO. I don't think I need to go into further detail about that, since VVO has never played Persona 3. Kaida =/= Mitsuru

Thirdly, the RPG IS canon. Why? Because it was intended to help mold the story. Seeing as our initial attempts to formulate any sort of plot ended up as dismal failures, I decided to make it into an RP. Therefore, the RP is canon.

Fourthly (if there is such a word), I don't remember any sort of character named Reina (Nodoka).

And lastly, you accuse me of trying to usurp your project? Ask yourself. Why would I usurp this project? I've worked far more on it than you ever have (you even agreed to that last year...). Just take a look at all the threads in the subforum >_>

1) Uhg just because it has a quality in common of an SMT reference, doesnt't mean we copied them! There is nothing wrong with giving all characters offensive capabilities, in fact, name three RPGs that don't?

2) I did not "accuse" her of copying Mitsuru, just meant that Kaida's dialogue and knowledgeable skills REMINDED ME of mitusuru. an accusation is "SHE F*CKING COPIED MITSURU RAAAAGE" i kinda like how she is a medic and all, but she just simply cannot use fist-like weapons.

3) Because every time I have an idea, it gets shot down because "Its a reference to Persona *whine*" Not everything i say is a reference to Persona! I even mailed the concept to Zandyne, the SMT whiz, and she said it did NOT reference Persona once. unless you count the School concept. And the Odd/Strange/Weird Morsel was ON PURPOSE! Yes I wanted to have the morsel in there and the freaking description would have bee "It seems oddly familiar..."

4) She was in the beginning lineup! You say you worked harder and you didn't even see her character profile? I did a Profile pic and everything. FFS I SHOWED it to you along with the others. So really, you work hard on it, but you don't remember a goddammned thing unless you got a problem with it.

Lastly, Yeah you constantly bickering with me, you constantly changing the lineups, you constantly complaining about the freaking items because ONE F*CKING ITEM HAS THE WORD MORSEL IN IT. Dammit I wanted this to be my project, and now it feels as though I'm doing it for you. Hell, You really gotta let some things be. if I change the freaking skills to zio, agi, zan, bufu, etc. THEN you tell me, But when I want to reference a good RPG with a single item, LET IT BE.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:05 am

Cram wrote:
.sickling. wrote:

First off, you want every character to be capable of dealing magical/physical damage. That is a quality mainly derived from Persona, an SMT game.

Thirdly, the RPG IS canon. Why? Because it was intended to help mold the story. Seeing as our initial attempts to formulate any sort of plot ended up as dismal failures, I decided to make it into an RP. Therefore, the RP is canon.

1) Uhg just because it has a quality in common of an SMT reference, doesnt't mean we copied them! There is nothing wrong with giving all characters offensive capabilities, in fact, name three RPGs that don't?

2) I did not "accuse" her of copying Mitsuru, just meant that Kaida's dialogue and knowledgeable skills REMINDED ME of mitusuru. an accusation is "SHE F*CKING COPIED MITSURU RAAAAGE" i kinda like how she is a medic and all, but she just simply cannot use fist-like weapons.

3) Because every time I have an idea, it gets shot down because "Its a reference to Persona *whine*" Not everything i say is a reference to Persona! I even mailed the concept to Zandyne, the SMT whiz, and she said it did NOT reference Persona once. unless you count the School concept. And the Odd/Strange/Weird Morsel was ON PURPOSE! Yes I wanted to have the morsel in there and the freaking description would have bee "It seems oddly familiar..."

4) She was in the beginning lineup! You say you worked harder and you didn't even see her character profile? I did a Profile pic and everything. FFS I SHOWED it to you along with the others. So really, you work hard on it, but you don't remember a goddammned thing unless you got a problem with it.

Lastly, Yeah you constantly bickering with me, you constantly changing the lineups, you constantly complaining about the freaking items because ONE F*CKING ITEM HAS THE WORD MORSEL IN IT. Dammit I wanted this to be my project, and now it feels as though I'm doing it for you. Hell, You really gotta let some things be. if I change the freaking skills to zio, agi, zan, bufu, etc. THEN you tell me, But when I want to reference a good RPG with a single item, LET IT BE.

1. Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Fire Emblem, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo.

2. I beg to differ. You very much accused Kaida of being a copy of Mitsuru, and that doesn't have to involve you mindlessly raging about that. And for one thing, a saber is not a fist-like weapon. Plus I think a cestus is just simply more original and cooler than a sword.

3. You really rely too much on your sister for everything. Looking past the fact that you basically idolize her whenever she's not beating on you, I wouldn't be telling you any of this if it wasn't a problem. But here I am telling you that this concept is a massive bite off of Persona. The entire idea was practically Persona with different names for everything, but I didn't know this until I actually PLAYED THE GAME. I don't want this to become something with countless, blatant Persona 3 references rampant everywhere.

4. Unless she was originally Alana (which she probably was, considering your intense reaction), then she never was.

5. I complain once about one item. I complain once about the name. What do I get? A wall of text. If you seriously want this "game" to actually become a game, I suggest you start cooperating a little bit more. Otherwise, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:18 am

Cram wrote:
I haven't yelled at you for trying to usurp my project. You did it with Drag3ndz's stuff too. he complained to me about it MANY times.
He's right you know.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:29 am

Drag3ndz wrote:
Cram wrote:
I haven't yelled at you for trying to usurp my project. You did it with Drag3ndz's stuff too. he complained to me about it MANY times.
He's right you know.

I guess so. I'm at fault there. Razz Oh how the angry have fallen!
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 pm

oh, how i would love to know what the set happened while i had a fever over the weekend... O.o;
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoT Weapons! Simplified!   CoT Weapons! Simplified! Empty

Back to top Go down

CoT Weapons! Simplified!
Page 1 of 1