Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void

Go down 
+3
Cram
.sickling.
Drag3ndz
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:19 pm

OOC: Too bad none of us have the authorities to control Vincent, or otherwise it's possible that he can pull out a lawyer out of his case. I'm not going to question what a Li'l Abner pose is but you are most likely to get permission from him, VVO.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:47 pm

OOC: good god i take a break for ONE day and I get left like a mile behind! What happened to Mako's attack? I mean, I may tl;dr on yer posts but I'll stop if people STOP IGNORING ME!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:09 pm

OOC: Yyyyeah, about that. I didn't understand your post. Please clarify it. Also, I'm TRYING to get everyone in. You were the first target. Be honored! *bricked* XD
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 pm

OOC: translation: Mako blasts the knight with energy and sprints after the blast, ready to attack the knight when the blast hits...GET IT
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:15 pm

OOC: Ohhh. I thought the blast ALREADY hit Zenex! So sorry about that!Ugh I don't know how to fix that...
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
OOC: HEY! YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO- Ahh fine. It was unfair enough that he was too fast. But you guys still didn't dealt a blow, got it? I will repeat: He's invincible. He won't go down until I say so and I'll say so when VVO, .sickling., and Tigga freakin post! WHY ARE THEY NOT POSTING?!
ooc: jeez, fine. we'll say it was like her imagination or something. (someone's pms-ing)
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 am

kiki.i wrote:
Drag3ndz wrote:
OOC: HEY! YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO- Ahh fine. It was unfair enough that he was too fast. But you guys still didn't dealt a blow, got it? I will repeat: He's invincible. He won't go down until I say so and I'll say so when VVO, .sickling., and Tigga freakin post! WHY ARE THEY NOT POSTING?!
ooc: jeez, fine. we'll say it was like her imagination or something. (someone's pms-ing)

OOC: I'm letting it slide on the slow movement. Just not hitting the knight directly. He can't be defeated. You know what that means! "CUTSCENE FIGHT!"
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:19 am

okay, that works ^^' so now what?
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:20 am

OOC: We wait for Tigga or move on. Either way, I should use this time to think about the ending THOROUGHLY.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
OOC: We wait for Tigga or move on. Either way, I should use this time to think about the ending THOROUGHLY.

OOC: ...I think it's time to make a decision. Either we move this RP forward, or it's dead. Forever. And then you can join Sanctuary.... if you'd like...
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:13 pm

OOC:
.sickling. wrote:
OOC: ...I think it's time to make a decision. Either we move this RP forward, or it's dead. Forever. And then you can join Sanctuary.... if you'd like...
I'd join Sanctuary, but I'm lost at where you guys are. PM me what happened. D:
I guess it's time to move on, I guess... Come to think of it, I even forgot that this RP even existed. '_'

----------

It was then that no one is even moving. Ferzain gripped onto his sword with fear. He knew he would loose eventually.

"That's it?" Zenex coldly questioned, "I waited eight years for this battle?"

His blade was surrounded in an aura, clearly showing its power being stowed within the blade. Ferzain backed away from everyone in hopes of surviving. But alas, he knew he was still trapped in this dome.

"Wait!" he exclaimed.

The knight kept charging his blade, but he paused to hear what the wimp has to say.

"Before you kill all of us," he said. If he was to die, he might as well give in a last request. "I want to say good bye to Sentrii."

For some odd reason, the dark man's eyes widened by the request. His power within his sword was released into vapor. Ferzain became confused once the armor held his arm towards the only opening, unsealing its lock. There, she was waiting. She gasped at the scenery of the freezing room. She started walking in slowly.

"Dexter?"

"Fionnie?"

Ferzain, in between them, halted his thoughts. "What?" He looked at the black-shelled fighter. "Dad?" He then focused on the water mage. "Mom?"

Zenex dropped his blade, slowly jogging towards the woman he loves. "Fionnie..." he spoke with his voice sounding like a kind man, "Why did you leave me? Why did you leave our son?"

Sentrii looked away, "I..." For some reason, something was holding her back from saying what she wanted to tell him.

Zenex was then holding her hands, "If you can't tell me now, then promise me you'll let me know in the future."

Her face stared at Zenex's helmet. The two were reunited, but in forms Ferzain did not expect. The reunification, however, was cut short when black lightning surrounded Ferzain's father.

"Uhhh... UAAAAHHHH!!!" His cries filled the entire room.

Sentrii grabbed hold of him. "FERZAIN! Help me remove this armor while your father is holding back the evil within the Shooting Star Armor!"

He didn't know what was happening. All he knows now is to save his lost father. He put away his sword into his sheath and started searching around the armor. "I can't find an opening! I don't know how to remove this thing!"

Bolts of thunder bounced everywhere. Lightning bolts almost hit everyone in the room! Zenex held his head, "Cursed human! My existence will not perish!"

He picked up the magician with his claws by her throat. Sentrii held on with both of her hands. Ferzain then saw one light from the armor from the back. He lunged onto Zenex and put his two hands into the armor. He started making the slit crack wider. Zenex, however, tried to grab Ferzain with his other claw. He caught him hy his left boot and tried yanking him off his back. The boy held on. He slowly brought his sword out of his cover and jabbed it into the light.

Nothing but light covered the room.

When the brightness resided, Ferzain was holding his dad laying on the ground. The man was wearing overalls and a blank white shirt, just simple clothing. His brown hair was spiked only on the back side of his head. A different lady was beside Ferzain. She was wearing a white dress, nothing more. Her long almond hair flew along with the hollowness of the entire room. Somehow, the area didn't feel so cold anymore. In fact, everyone was outside the cave where the snow has disappeared. It felt like spring again. The black armor was laying right besides Dexter, with no animation moving it.

"Ferzain," Dexter whispered, "I can't thank you enough. I'm ever so sorry for abandoning you. I knew the armor had a mind of its own. It took over my closest friend, Yen."

Fionnie then helped Dexter to his feet, "We can't thank you enough, everyone. Unfortunately, we cannot stay in this world. I sacrificed my own being to stay in this world longer. Now, it's no longer necessary for me to stay."

Ferzain shook his head. "Wait. Are you saying, that you two are going? No, you can't leave me!"

Dexter grinned back at his son, "You're all grown up. It's time you lived a life on your own."

He looked at Fionnie, then back to Ferzain. "Please forgive us. We can't stay in this world. I haven't eaten in years. The reason I'm still talking to you is..."

"You two are already dead," Ferzain guessed.

His face was covered in tears. Just when he found his parents, he has to part with them. The man and the woman embraced Ferzain hugging him as he started crying like a young child. Fionnie wiped Ferzain's face with her handkerchief. She then presented something to him.

"I want you to have my earrings. I can't take them where I'm going. Please, be strong."

She enclosed the two dolphin shapes into Ferzain's gloves. The two souls then walked close to the cliffs. They started walking off the edge, disappearing into bits as they jumped into skies. Their vanishing act brought stardust into the sky. Ferzain was still crying, but he rubbed his eyes.

He turned towards everyone, mostly looking at Ankokuren.

"You really don't want to see this armor destroyed, do you? Tell me your true intentions."

----------

OOC: BAh, cliche-ness everywhere! Well ,this was how I really planned to put things out. I haven't done this in a long time, so sorry if this kind of thing pisses you off. *Looking at VVO*

Long story short, before Zenex blasted everyone, Ferzain requested to see Sentrii on his last time. Once Sentrii entered in the battle, Sentrii acknowledged Zenex as Dexter as Zenex realizes that Sentrii was his wife Fionnie. The reunification was ruined once the armor tried taking control over Dexter. Sentrii told Ferzain to remove the armor. Ferzain found crack behind armor and broke the crack by inserting his sword in it. As everyone is outside, both Dexter and Fionnie could not stay living in the world as they are already dead. As Ferzain started crying, he got his memento from his mom. Then, they flew into the skies as stardust. Ferzain looked at Ankokuren, questioning his motivation on joining the group.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:04 am

OOC: HOORAY! VOID CAN CONTINUE!

Ankokuren lay helpless at the scene unfolding before him. The deity gritted his teeth in frustration and annoyance, trying futilely to break free. But, eventually, even Ankokuren knew when to stop. The bonds of energy were too powerful, even for him. The existence of the fact made Ankokuren shudder inwardly in distaste. The deity set his gaze towards the two combatants, Zenex and the human boy, Na'e. Na'e lay on the ground, his chest still smoking from the blast of energy that Zenex had released. However, Na'e, not entirely defeated, still climbed to his feet and resumed battle. The human boy began to fire spells of fire, ice, and other elements at the black knight in vain. Zenex quickly parried all of the boy's assaults with ease with a few flicks of his palm, and with fire and ice bouncing off his armor, Zenex knocked the boy to the ground with a swift backhand. A loud thud filled the air as the human boy, Na'e, smashed into the ground. Na'e lay there for a while, grumbling and cursing, his fists clenched tight. The pitch-black knight, Zenex, slowly walked over to the fallen boy, his wicked greaves clanking with every step. Na'e swiftly leapt to his feet and threw a punch at the knight's face, but Zenex lazily brought up an armored hand to block the blow. For a moment, the human attempted to struggle, but was subdued as Zenex tightened his grip substantially. The cave was filled with the sound of shattering bones as the boy's hand was crushed. Na'e crumpled to the ground, holding his injured hand, also defeated. What had just happeneds was something that Ankokuren had never understood in humans. When the odds were stacked hopelessly against them, they still continued to fight, with renewed vigor. What was it they called it again...? Right. Hope. Really, the boy should have just given up when they witnessed the defeat of a deity at the hands of this warrior.

Ankokuren tried to struggle against his bonds again, but soon felt that they were no less weaker than they were before. He let out a long sigh of frustration. The pitch-black knight, Zenex, satisfied with the defeat of the human boy, Na'e, turned his attention toward the remaining human, Ferzain. The human boy shivered in fear, clutching his sword with trembling hands.

"That's it? I waited eight years for this battle?!?!?!" Zenex roared, unsheathing his black sword. And they say the weapon is only as good as its wielder. Zenex's sword was no different: the weapon was as black as the night, with vicious spikes lining the entire sword. In fact, the blade itself even seemed alive Ankokuren could just feel the power emanating from the weapon. The deity's observation was cut short as the blade began to glow a rather malevolent shade of maroon. Then the knight raised his blade-

"Wait!"

Zenex halted, listening to the tiny voice of the human boy. The pitch-black knight lowered his sword, slowly. "Before you kill all of us," the human said. "I want to say good bye to Sentrii." At this request, the deity burst into laughter. He had never understood some human emotions, but compassion was probably the one that made him giggle the most. However, Zenex reacted much differently than the deity. At once, the aura of power surrounding the knight's weapon dissipated in a thin mist. Zenex's hold upon his weapon went limp, and the blade fell to the ground with a metallic clatter.

"Dexter?"

Ankokuren, and everybody else in room gazed at the corner of the cave, where there stood a woman in a tattered white robe, slightly withered with age. Her eyes were a faded emerald, and her hair was the color of ancient gold.

"Fionnie?" was the knight's bemused response. Ankokuren didn't blame the knight for his ridiculous reaction, for the deity was just as surprised as he was. Suddenly, the binds constricting him released, and the deity burst free from his bonds. The deity stood to his feet with a small grin, but made no move towards the couple. He knew that humans could be.... irrational at times.

"Dad...? Mom...?" was the bewildered squeak of the human boy, Ferzain, who still seemed to be in disbelief at what was going on. Apparently, Zenex and Ferzain had some connection? The clanking of armor caught both Ankokuren's eyes and ears as the pitch-black knight, Zenex, spontaneously began to dash towards the woman, like a man long separated from his lover (this was one thing Ankokuren didn't understand either). As the two embraced, the deity shook his head in disgust. Things like this bored him, not to mention sicken him.

The two lovers briefly exchanged heartfelt words, all the while Ankokuren was rolling his eyes and trying not to pay attention. The deity was in the middle of a giant yawn when suddenly, the crackling of loose ions filled Ankokuren's ears. Screams of human agony saturated the cave, as Ankokuren quickly turned his attention toward the former Zenex, now revealed to be Dexter, surrounded by black lightning, who began to spasm erratically. The deity started towards the man, but soon discovered through his second vision, that there was nothing he could do. This was the work of the Shooting Star. Its true form was to be revealed.

"FERZAIN! Help me remove this armor while your father is holding back the evil within the Shooting Star Armor!" cried the human girl, Sentrii, as she madly started clawing at the plates of armor covering Dexter's flailing body. Heeding his partner's call, Ferzain quickly made his way towards his father's body. He tried fumbling around the armor for a bit, before briefly stopping.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH HIM-" Ankokuren started. All of a sudden, the cave began to tremble and shake tremendously. Ankokuren fell flat on his back.

"CURSED HUMANS! MY EXISTENCE WILL NEVER PERISH AT THE HANDS OF YOU!!!" the armor screamed, its booming voice blanketing the cavernous depths of the cave. Suddenly, a massive blast of lightning shot out towards the deity. Eyes wide, Ankokuren took a quick sidestep, making the bolt dodge by mere inches. As the acrid odor of singed clothes filled Ankokuren's human nose, the deity briefly crinkled his nose in distaste. Well, the deity thought, at least it didn't hit him. Ankokuren stared back at the armor, which had now enveloped itself in black lightning. It now had a life of its own. And Ankokuren was powerless against it.

At this one point of his realization of utter weakness, the deity of darkness was finally hit with the full force of his responsibility. The revelation hit Ankokuren with the force of a sledgehammer: he was a god, and he should act as his creator had meant him to. These were the events that he was meant to prevent and combat, if they were ever to happen. Ankokuren slowly sat down cross-legged, in a meditative stance.

And Insinuah spoke to him:

"Ankokuren, I am prepared to forgive you for your previous acts. What you have done is not particularly tasteful to my eyes."

All the things he had done before were the careless and wild antics of youth: never would he commit to such foolery again.

"Good," the Almighty deity responded, a slight tone of happiness evident in his voice. "Ankokuren," Insinuah's tone changed to affection. "I know that you are able to protect my land of Isiya. It only matters if the intent is there."

And with that, the Almighty deity disapperaed from him mind. In a matter of seconds, the deity emerged from his meditation a much larger god. That didn't change the fact that he couldn't do anything about the events progressing before him, but at least, the deity knew whatever happened next would be his destiny.

Sentrii, the human girl, suddenly called out to Ferzain. Apparently, she had found a chink in the impenetrable armor. Ankokuren's eyes widened a bit. The Shooting Star, however, did not take kindly to the intrusion. In a blinding act, the armor shot out a pitch-black gauntlet and seized the water mage's neck with a vicegrip. The human girl's tiny hands clutched the armor's wrist as she desperately gasped for breath. Ankokuren could feel her life dwindling: Ferzain would have to act quickly, if he were to save the life of his friend. A tiny sliver of light caught the deity's eye, and Ankokuren brought up a hand to shield his eyes from its incredible brilliance. Through his fingers, Ankokuren witnessed the human boy, Ferzain, clutch the opening of his father's armor. The Shooting Star immediately took action, and launched its other free arm towards the human's neck, but missed. The human continued to tug at the pitch-black plates, generous drops of perspiration dripping from his forehead. The armor made another move, and instead of going for the boy's neck it went for his legs, and managed to grab onto Ferzain's boot and tighten with a bone-crushing grip. The boy's eyes narrowed in intense discomfort, but he still continued to wrench at the armor.

Finally, the plate came loose. A radiant blast of light enveloped the entire room, blinding Ankokuren. His face contorted in extreme agony. The deity had to use both of his arms to shield his eyes from the light, the light that seemed to sear right through his skin and bone.

In time, the light ceased to exist, and the pain disappeared. The deity let his arms fall to his side, and what he saw pierced his soul.

A family being torn apart.

Before, Ankokuren would have dismissed this as pure cheesefest. But, now, the deity knew truly how they felt: the sorrow of Ferzain and his parents was overwhelming. Ankokuren briefly turned his back to the scene. The deity felt a tinge of guilt inside of him, for he knew deep inside, that he could have prevented this occurrance in the first place.

And then Ferzain asked him the question. Why had he joined the group in the first place?

"It is a very long story," Ankokuren began.

"My insatiable greed had laid insufferable waste across the land of Isiya."

"To begin, I knew firsthand about the crafting of the Shooting Star. I knew that it had been forged from a shard of the stars themselves, and that it bestowed incredible power to the wearer. Me, being the jealous youth, conspired to steal the armor from your father. At this time, I was in the form of a dragon. I could not wear the armor, or make any use of it. But recently, the creator had informed me that my next reincarnation would be that of a human. And I heavily despised humans at that time." The deity explained.

"I brooded upon that thought for some time, before I realized that once I was a human, I would be able to wear the Shooting Star. So I went across the land, slaying many souls and warriors for one that would kill me. But, sadly, I was too powerful, for I killed many humans and took many lives. This saddened me, until I finally came across an old friend," Ankokuren gestured toward the girl in the corner, who seemed to be in a rather dark mood.

"Baihukourei. Still, it seems he's still stronger than me even after all these years," Ankokuren shot a sly grin at the human girl, Raikou. The deity could sense the furry beast within the girl growl smugly.

"Anyway, Baihukourei managed to free me from my dragon body, and put me into the shell you see me now. I even designed it myself..." Ankokuren took the time to run his hand over his biceps and across his face.

"I was more than ecstatic after I realized I was in human form, for I could finally get my hands on the Shooting Star. However, I soon realized that I had no idea exactly where the armor was. So, most reluctantly at the time, I was forced to follow your party." Ankokuren's eyes flashed a crimson red for a moment, but quickly reverted to their usual black.

"Eventually, I ended up here. But my hopes were dashed upon the rocks when I first saw the armor in this realm. The armor had taken up a conscience of its own. Nobody, not even I or the creator, could ever hope to harness its power. It was too powerful, even for a deity. It was then, I realized," Ankokuren paused.

"That the armor posed a threat to the very embodiment of existence. But, now the armor is destroyed." Ankokuren finally gave a genuine smile, one free of deceit or spite. Suddenly, he seemed generations older.

"My greed and spite are gone. I need not meddle with the interactions of humans for much longer." A wispy veil of darkness sprouted from the ground beneath the deity.

"I must congratulate the human boy, Ferzain." Ankokuren mentioned, as the veil crept up to his shoulders. "He showed me the true meaning of hope. Farewell, brave warriors." And with that, the veil completely enveloped the deity of darkness, and they both disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~

OOC: YEAH! SUPER-LONG POST!!! AND ANKO'S FINALLY GONE!! I'll come up with Nae's side of the story later.

Last edited by .sickling. on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 am

Hearing what Ankokuren had to say, what he said was inspiring to Ferzain. Ferzain was left smiling, but he whispered to Mako when Ankokuren vanished, "Eh, he was a good companion when you get to know him."

He added in when he was sure Ankokuren was gone, "I bet he was messing with me on that last part. God I am such a tool."

Suddenly, he felt like his left foot was dismembered from his body.

"Oh god pain finally kicks in!"

He fell laying down, instantly grabbing his leg where Zenex choked his foot.

"I'll be okay, guys!" He checked his foot. Ouch, it's hard to tell if that foot is even alive.

OOC: Oh god the Kudo attitude at the "Eh" part. Oh my god I'm emulating my friends, mostly Cram. Alright, enough about Ferzain. Tell while you're witnessing that last part of the battle or just post outside the cave.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:48 am

Adelle and Kaoru stood side by side as they watched Ferzain's parents disappear and soon after Ankokuren.

Kaoru turned to Adelle and whispered, "I never really liked Anko..."

Adelle formed a pot and wacked him on the back of the head. "How dare you ruin this beautiful moment!" Adelle thenrealized how corny she sounded and could barely hold back a laugh.

Kaoru fell unconscious and landed face first on the floor but then woke up from the pain of floor to face. He heard Ferzain talk about his hurt foot and ran oer to him.

"I gotcha buddy!" he called out. He knelt over and formed a small brace which he infused with some healing magic. He put it on Ferzain and told him. Just tell me when it's done healing k?"

He walked back over to Adelle and she muttered, "Showoff..."

OOC: awww its over... *sob* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:07 am

Baihukourei, after being ensnared in bonds of icy lightning, gave a roar of anguish. The pain was nothing, he had never been one to give in to pain, but the irritation was enough to cause him to want to bite someone’s leg off. At some point in his struggles, Baihukourei smelled something disgusting and he gagged and pulled back. His golden eyes narrowed and he glared at the knight battling against everyone. Something felt painfully wrong, and it was making the tiger sick. It was then that Raikou started to return to the land of the aware again, and the deity immediately fell into a meditative state in order to subdue the girl. If she came out, she would be dealing with the burning ice that bound the deity’s physical body at the moment. He closed his eyes and lay on the floor, uncaring for the remainder of the battle…and then dove into the fragmented mind shared by him and his host…

~~~~~~++Mind scene begin++~~~~

Raikou was struggling to break forth from the darkness that was enveloped her. She reached forward, saw nothing, not even her arm, her fingers, her hand…she could see nothing. The girl knew her eyes were open, she knew that everything was pushing her to the edge of nothingness. It was alone, alone, darkness, nothing. Terror and horrible feelings flew from her heart and the girl felt as though there was an ungodly pressure building up on her flesh. She reached out again, not seeing anything, and she cried out for someone to help her.

”Help me! Someone…anyone…please…” the girl whispered while pushing about. Suddenly, something broke the surface of the darkness, a large amount of light shining down into her face. The fighter was blinded and the girl shielded her face from the sudden intrusion. Something grabbed onto the girl’s arm and pulled her forcefully through the darkness, through the fear that she had fallen into. Suddenly, she was looking into the face of a golden-eyed boy who reminded her greatly of a feline, but the longer she stared into the boy’s face, the more he reminded her of…

…it couldn’t be. The girl cried out and instantly wrapped her arms around the boy’s neck, unsure of whether she should feel happy or sad.

”Ah-gong! Ah-gong! It’s you, it’s really you!” she whispered while refusing to let go of her savior. It had happened before. Her grandfather had been the one that saved her from the pain that Torao had wanted to put her through, it had been him who had taught her how to protect herself, and he had been the one that had given her everything. All her ideals, all her motives, everything. Raikou couldn’t wipe the grin off her face.

”Raikou, listen to me…your grandfather was dead long before you were born,” the boy whispered into her ear. It took a while for the words to register in the girl’s mind. The fighter felt her eyes snap open and she immediately felt all the muscles in her body tense up, her eyes wide with surprise, with something that felt vaguely like…pain. She sent her gaze slightly to the side, as if she wanted to ask the boy if it was true, and yet, she couldn’t find her voice. The boy was still gentle though. ”I’m sorry, little one. One day, when you are old enough, I will return all the memories you don’t have, but until then…”

Raikou closed her eyes and then she gave a soft sound of sadness and she tightened her grip on the boy and whispered something back to the boy. The boy gasped and then let his eyes fall into the most caring expression they could assume. He rubbed the girl’s back in an attempt to soothe her…gently, softly. Sorry, sorry, sorry… The words echoed through the emptiness, and guilt wracked the boy’s features. ”I am so sorry…Raikou…”

’There’s no point in apologizing…’

~~~~++End Mind Scene++~~~~

Raikou shot up from the floor, and everything was over. Everything was gone…gone. Her mismatched eyes shot left and right and then she felt her heart stopped, beat, stopped, beat. The fighter felt her heart thumping wildly against her chest and her eyes fell onto the scene of Ferzain and two others. Her stomach felt queasy. She backed away and let her senses reorient themselves. A bombshell, an explosion. Everything was swimming in front of her eyes. The girl staggered and fell to the side, supporting herself on a wall and she was on her knees an instant later.

’It hurts, everything is spinning…everything is so wrong…’ she felt the pressure releasing itself from her chest. She slipped on a piece of clothing and she collapsed onto the floor. Her head was swimming and she fumbled with the clothes, barely managing to pull together her old outfit in her stupor. Well, it was hardly completed, just a dress thrown on and left unbuttoned. She stayed in place for a few moments longer and her thoughts swam into a wild whirlpool of confusion. ’Stop…everything stop…

While Raikou was going on with her little disorientation, Vincent was highly confused. He hadn’t managed to do anything, nothing at all. Then again, he wasn’t nearly as retarded as some people were. If two deities couldn’t do crap, then why exactly would he try and get himself killed in the process? The assassin wasn’t stupid! As the battle came to a close, he noticed that someone was slowly returning to her original form. The boy started moving towards her, but about halfway through the walk, he decided that it was not the best idea to walk up to a naked girl. He stopped and suddenly, the girl was up, looking around with the expression of someone that had run into a wall and then knocked herself out and then woken up with a huge case of amnesia. The blonde waited for her to put clothes back on before even starting to walk towards her.

”Raikou, are you okay?” he called. The girl looked at him with wide eyes. Raikou backed closer to the wall and felt something thump in her chest. Vincent stopped when the sight of the girl scrambling away from him registered in his mind. He gave her a confused look. One that she didn’t return. Her expression was…terrified…pained…the boy felt something strange tinge in his chest. ”Come on Raikou, it’s me. Vincent.” A rock whizzed by his head at an extremely high speed and it shattered against a wall while causing several cracks to appear in the area it impacted against. Vincent stopped in his tracks. She’d never done that before…

”Why should I believe you? So I can find out that you’re not really here? So I can find out that you were dead before I was born too?!” she snapped while picking up another rock from the floor. Vincent hesitated. He didn’t particularly want to have a rock shot through his skull. ”Just turn around and leave me alone.”

”Can’t do that, kid,” he said while taking a cautious step forward. Another pebble shot past his head. He didn’t flinch. Too proud for that. Raikou picked up another rock. Vincent took another step. Another rock shot past his head, it grazed his cheek. Blood slipped down his skin. Another rock. She wasn’t going to warn him again. He made a break for it. Raikou didn’t have time to react before there was a hand on her wrist, fingers pressing hard against the pressure point. She dropped the rock in her hand, her mismatched eyes looking into the crimson eyes of the killer. He used his free hand to dangle the silver-bound rings in front of the girl’s face. ”In case you forgot, there’s still this to worry about! And maybe you don’t know, but my family is on the line for this. Sure, you lived a rough childhood, but you don’t have to shove that onto me too!”

Raikou felt her eyes widen and she gave a growl and she shoved the boy away from her with a burst of strength. ”What do you know?” she shot back at her childhood companion. ”Get away from me you freak, and don’t dangle those things in my face!” Raikou snapped while regaining her composure. Vincent backed away and Raikou could almost feel the stares that were going to be looking at her. It was then that Ankokuren began to explain himself. She looked at him with dark eyes and found that he was speaking of her…or at least, of the deity within her. Somewhere in her mind, the beast gave a growl. She looked away from the deity of darkness, but she snuck a glance over just as he disappeared into a wisp of darkness. Vincent was glad for it as the boy didn’t particularly like the dark-eyed one, but he said nothing. Raikou paused, looked at the floor, and then stepped back towards the group.

”Not exactly the best deity, but as long as we’re answering the unanswered or the unknown, I suppose I should do what I can…” the girl said while standing with her hands planted on her hips, not really caring for social decency at the moment. Vincent froze and looked at Raikou with a semi-curious expression on his face. She was going to tell them…but about what? What could she possibly gain by telling them anything? Raikou looked at the floor for a moment, as if she needed it to gather the pluck to do anything, and she hesitated. But then…an encouraging growl and Raikou sighed and looked back up.

”I am Raikou Koukami, the first woman born into the Koukami family in over a thousand years, and the second woman that Baihukourei has ever made a host in our family. I am the daughter of Torao Koukami and the heir to the position of head of the Koukami main branch, doomed to be completely taken over by the deity of lightning and commander of the weather in five years if not sooner,” she started, paused, and then looked at the group again. ”And once we get out of here, you all need to get off this mountain and forget I was ever here. If you’re caught with me here, you’ll be killed without a second thought. That’s the way that Torao works.”

Her eyes fell onto Na’e, and then the fighter shook her head and she moved away from the group and sat in isolation. Vincent paused, sent his gaze back to the group, and then his eyes fell on Ferzain and he remembered vaguely what the boy had asked him. Why, despite all the aggravation he showed towards Raikou, had he gone through all the trouble of going to drag her back to the mountains? Well, other than his family being at risk, they were all wrong. He couldn’t say he hated her…that would be a lie. The blonde sighed and followed after the girl.

”Raikou,” he called to her. The boy sat beside the fighter and raised an eyebrow at the dark-haired fighter. After a while he sighed. ”Look, I know you don’t like the idea of me saying this but—“

”I know. I have to marry you,” she snarled a little. Vincent crossed his arms and frowned at Raikou. She kept her gaze away from the crimson eyes of her childhood friend. ”You probably wouldn’t know, but virtually every cursed Koukami has worn those rings at their marriage.” She huddled up a bit and closed her eyes. ”But if we do what Torao wants, we’ll just be used as pawns to do his bidding, and I can’t say that I appreciate that thought,” she replied. The girl sent her gaze over the others that she had grown so used to. ”Regardless, what kind of insane threat did Torao use to make you do this anyways?”

”Oh you know, eighteen mages all waiting to blow my family up, same old Torao stuff,” Vincent said while trying to make light of the conversation. Raikou gave him a quizzical look and didn’t smile. The boy paused and then gave a little scoff. ”What? You were the one that asked why I was going through this anyways…it’s not exactly my fault Torao wants you back at your house so damn much.”

”…you’re right…it is my fault, isn’t it…?” the girl said while closing her eyes. Vincent immediately felt regret pound against his chest for his words. The boy frowned, tried to think of a way to make that statement seem like a joke, and was about to put his hand on the girl’s shoulder when he realized something felt off about her.

”Raikou…? Hey, kid, wake up!”

But the words fell onto deaf ears. She was sinking, sinking again. The light was fading, disappearing again. Struggle, struggle, why did she not struggle? Her hand threw itself out and she could see her fingers, better than it had felt before. Her fingers stretched out and then a familiar face ran into her field of vision. His hand outstretched, her own reached towards those familiar fingers. She grazed them, and then her vision was gone again. Swallowed whole. A deafening roar flooded her consciousness, and then it was silent. Peace. She closed her eyes, listened to the music of silence…and then was lost in the dark serenity that ensnared her completely and entirely. She finally felt at peace…it was the best she’d felt in years.

Vincent shook Raikou a little and tried to wake her from her slumber. Suddenly, a hand snapped his wrists and hastily span him around, pinning him against the wall. Mismatched eyes flashed in anguish and then the assassin sighed. ”Great to see you’re okay now, Raikou.” But the girl blinked and stared at the boy before pulling back away and looking at her hands with confusion. Vincent raised an eyebrow in confusion. However, the girl trembled and then shook her head.

”What just happened?” the girl whispered before looking back at Vincent and the others still in the cave. Sharp-nailed hands. Soft flesh. The dark-haired girl looked around the cave again. She roared in frustration and then punched a wall dangerously close to Vincent’s head, and then relayed what had just happened to everyone still in the cave. It was little more than a mumble, but the message should have gotten across.

”Raikou’s gone.”

[[ooc:: Bai’s possession is only temporary, thank you very much! AND YES I HAVE PERMISSION TO SHADOWPUPPET VINCENT.]]

Summary::
Bai goes into a self-mind dive, saves Rai, talks to Rai for a while, and apologizes for something that’s indirectly implied. Rai tells him that there’s no reason to apologize and then wakes up. Raikou feels sick and gets into a fight with Vincent. Raikou explains who she is (vaguely) and tells everyone that once they leave the cave, they should get off the mountains. She goes off on her own and Vincent follows. They talk about the arranged marriage and Vincent accidentally says something that hurts Rai. Rai goes back into her mind and “disappears” and Bai’s soul takes over Rai’s body and pins Vincent before realizing exactly what’s going on. He/she/it backs away and looks at Raikou’s human body, realizes, punches the wall, and then tells everyone that Raikou’s gone.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 am

It was then that the group heard a pound at the ground. The once-injured merchant who happens to still be alive was standing next to Ferzain.

"What's with her?" he asked.

The voice brought down everyone's mood. "Raikou's gone."

Ferzain looked over Kaoru with surprise.

"Gone," he asked with sad hopes, "as in 'she's dead' gone?"

Last edited by Drag3ndz on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Kaoru looked back at Ferzain and said, "I, I don't know."

Adelle tried to swallow but there was a lump in her throat and she couldn't. "Do you mean...forever?" Adelle was worried and saddened. The last time she felt this sad was when she saw her hometown and little brother completely infected with the consuming plague. And when she ran away from Kaoru without doing a thing.

She remembered when Raikou had told Adelle to throw her at the sea dragon in the spring and Adelle thought she had a death wish. But at least she had done something then...

Adelle cried out in anguish and was on her hands and knees. "Raikou is gone and there wasn't a damn thing we could do about it..." She started crying amd punching the floor till her hand bled and then just sat there crying.

OOC: Drag3ndz, it's spelled Kaoru not Korau Razz
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:50 pm

"wait, what? what do you mean she's gone? how is she gone?" kiki looked up with surprise, then turned defensive (and in denial) , "people can't just disappear." oh gods, this was just like it was back then. Her sister, tahmah, was next to her when she fell asleep, and in the morning, she wasn't. when she had asked people where she was, they didn't know. her hands unconsciously clapped over her head. "oh gods, no. not again..."

ooc: kiki remembers her past.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 pm

OOC: Uhhh VVO It's about time you type up what happens next since about every character here is pretty much surprised.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:45 am

[[ooc:: Sorry, I was a little busy. Haven't been posting anywhere because of STOOPID SCRIPT FRENZY. I'm pretty much caught up now though, so I'll try to scribble out a post here. Once again, making Vinnie a puppet for the time being.]]

The fist next to Vincent's head was certainly not something that could be called comforting. Raikou, or Raikou's body, rather, had struck at the wall with very little mercy. Had it been just a little to the left, Vincent was pretty sure his brains might be smeared on the wall, considering the vibrations that he'd felt. The boy raised an eyebrow at his dark-haired friend as she has herself a confusing moment, and he was tempted to raise an insult to her intelligence, but...somehow it didn't seem like a good idea, though that was probably the desire not to have his skull smashed speaking and not his personality. Then the kid decided to drop the bombshell. "Gone?! What exactly does that mean?!"

Everyone was asking the same question, some with more sorrow or anxiety than others. Vincent was...in disbelief. He'd known Raikou for a long time, and she had only shown signs of vanishing once or twice, but more than that, when Koukami cursed ones lost themselves to the spirit of the deity...their bodies usually didn't remain human. Why would Raikou's final moments have been so sudden, so...normal? His breath caught in his chest as a silence settled, an anxious moment while waiting for an answer. Anything from the dark-haired girl's body. The pressure was building up heavily against Vincent's chest. Damn, he'd never actually been so worried about the kid before. Tentatively, he raised his voice again in question. "You can't mean that she..."

"I fear that it may be so, child," the girl's voice said. It was her voice, but those weren't her words. Vincent felt emotion do a roundhouse kick to the face. The fighter shook her head and her now matching eyes shut themselves from the rest of the cave. "I can only assume that the worst has come already. Raikou's soul may well have been devoured by self-hatred. At best, it is repressed, at worst, her soul has forsaken this body entirely, and..." a pause. A silence that lingered over the cave like a heavy blanket of dread. Finishing that sentence would have meant admitting that the situation was real. Finishing that sentence would mean knowing that something was definitely wrong. For all his pride and strength as a deity, Baihukourei couldn't finish that sentence.

"So you mean either she's there and hiding, or she's just dead," Vincent mumbled darkly. Gold eyes went to land on the boy. He looked as though his emotions had overloaded and short-circuited. The expression on his face was one of gaunt indifference. The kind that someone who lost everything might have worn. Baihukourei gave a grave nod and the assassin swore a little loudly. But what could these humans have known about the affection that Baihukourei had been giving his host for the past fifteen or so years of her life? What could they have known about the sacrifices that the deity had made just to be playing the role of the evil guardian? He could have left at any given moment, abandoned the child to fend for herself when she was born, but there had been something that kept him in that world. In all reality, if the deity hadn't possessed her the moment she was born, Raikou would probably have died. Killed by her father if not caused by the weakness of her body.

"Damn it all," the deity growled softly. A little longer, just a little longer and she would have been able to support herself. Just a little longer, and her body would have been able to hold its own against everything without the reinforcement of the deity's power. Baihukourei sighed, shook his head, and then opened a pair of golden eyes and looked around the room. "But enough of this. There will be a time to mourn, but that time is not now. Our first priority should be to leave this cave. Its magic interferes with this body's ability to return to a meditative state. I doubt that I will be capable of searching for Raikou without falling into meditation, and this body is certainly not my ideal form."

"Then let's just get the hell out of here," Vincent said while brushing off dust from his body almost nonchalantly. He was bad at expressing himself, and if that wasn't more obvious than a meteor crushing half the world, then he wasn't exactly sure what was. The blonde was pretty sure that the deity was speaking the truth, since there really wasn't a reason to lie, but somehow, Vincent felt as though he was just using that truth as a...diversion. A distraction from the fact that Raikou might have disappeared again, and this time, it might have been permanent. Vincent looked at the others and crossed his arms as usual, acting as though he wasn't particularly affected by the news. "So which one of you knows the way out?"

SUMMARY
(Ugh...hate doing this) Vincent reacts to the news and Baihukourei says that Raikou's soul is either repressed or engulfed by her self-hate. He thinks about why he even possessed Raikou to begin with and then says that they should mourn later and prioritize getting out of the cave so that he can meditate to properly search for Raikou. Vincent says that they should get the hell out of the cave and acts mostly normal while asking who knows the way out.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 3:54 pm

OOC: They're actually outside the cave, about near the huge entrance.

Ferzain raised his hand, "My dad usually takes the trail down instead of that shortcut because it's a safer path."

He started going the other huge trail, "Anyone think those Fashiras are still there?"
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:23 am

"i sure hope not or else i will not be in a good mood at all," kiki hissed as she got to her feet and grabbed her stuff, following ferzain.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:28 am

OOC: WHAT IS GOING ON!?
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:50 am

OOC: Everyone is practically leaving. They'll all regroup in Ferzain's destroyed village.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:56 am

ooc: hey, guys? are we going to finish this rp or not? just outta curiosity.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:01 am

kiki.i wrote:
ooc: hey, guys? are we going to finish this rp or not? just outta curiosity.

OOC: It's put temporarily on hold.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:33 am

WUUUUT? I didn't even write the ending yet! And I was waiting patiently too!
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 pm

.sickling. wrote:
OOC: It's put temporarily on hold.
ooc:it's been on hold for a couple months. if that's your definition of temporary, then sure. but if it isn't, then is it possible to get a general idea of when it'll be off hold?

kiki.i carried out 1 launched of one Action dice :
Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 Image
kiki.i carried out 1 launched of one Nerd Die :
Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 18

Last edited by kiki.i on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Na'e stood silently at the wreckage of Ferzain's home. Lots of things, far too many to count on his fingers, had happened in such a short period of time. His severance from the Brotherhood of Secrecy, their excursion in the desert of Ucadius, and the unspeakable horrors that lay in wait in the Cave of Neverending Void... Na'e would never forget these events. He would take them, remember them, and they would stay with him until the day he would breathe his final breath.

There was nothing else to say. Na'e turned his back to the group, and began walking in pace with Raikou and Vincent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void   Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Journey to the Cave of Neverending Void
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14