Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Brawl Tier List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

The Brawl Tier List Empty
PostSubject: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:43 am

Don't worry, if your favorite character is down low, TIERS R 4 QUEERS!

1. Meta Knight (The "Fox/Falco" of Brawl)
2. Snake
3. King Dedede
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Falco
6. R.O.B.

High
7. Marth
8. Wario
9. Lucario
10. Donkey Kong
11. Diddy Kong
12. Pikachu
13. Ice Climbers
14. Kirby
15. Pit
16. Wolf

Middle
17. Toon Link
18. Olimar
19. Fox
20. Zelda
21. Zero Suit Samus
22. Bowser
23. Luigi
24. Peach
25. Ike
26. Sheik

Low
27. Lucas
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link

Bottom
37. Captain Falcon

Last edited by .sickling. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 6:59 am

pure speed is what makes Link so low down I guess (same as Ganondorf) Link has more flich time though

Capt. Falcon has the highest flinch time after missing an attack, that's what puts him so low

And Meta has a glitch type of speed if done perfectly for infinite combos (on heavy+ medium characters only, mostly only heavy) almost no flinch (except specials), recovery from almost anywhere (hence how I spiked a CPU THREE TIMES IN A ROW and it still got up with up B, it didn't even touch the ledge so the jumps weren't regained, just wtc)

funny how much lower pikachu and jigglypuff are (they, and Ness were Top 3 in 64 for infinite combos)
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:54 pm

Kudo wrote:
pure speed is what makes Link so low down I guess (same as Ganondorf) Link has more flich time though

Capt. Falcon has the highest flinch time after missing an attack, that's what puts him so low

And Meta has a glitch type of speed if done perfectly for infinite combos (on heavy+ medium characters only, mostly only heavy) almost no flinch (except specials), recovery from almost anywhere (hence how I spiked a CPU THREE TIMES IN A ROW and it still got up with up B, it didn't even touch the ledge so the jumps weren't regained, just wtc)

funny how much lower pikachu and jigglypuff are (they, and Ness were Top 3 in 64 for infinite combos)

Was it with Kirby? Because I don't consider his down aerial to be a spike, because there is very little hitstun and is easily recovered from (remember the tournament with R.O.B.?)
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

.sickling. wrote:
Kudo wrote:

Was it with Kirby? Because I don't consider his down aerial to be a spike, because there is very little hitstun and is easily recovered from (remember the tournament with R.O.B.?)

Actually, the TIP of Kirby's feet during a down Aerial is about as heavy a spike as ROB's down A (except it does less damage) The rest of it (as in the drill itself) doesn't count as a spike unless you can pull it off 2 times in a row before the enemy grabs the ledge (which is pretty much the only way I've perfectly spiked DDD to death, stupid super armor going up [actually there HAVE been times its worked on Meta Knight as well, just throwing him off at O% and spiking in that means but that only works 25% of the time, 5% on humans)

because by the 2nd time they're half way between the ledge and the KO line with 0 jumps left (assuming it's a 2 jump character, that area is btw, just below where you can recover via means of a majority of the Up-B moves, including Aether)

Edit: and last I still checked, Sheik was #1 in Melee, not Fox and Falco (whom Ness combos could easily defeat in Melee, let's just say the Relector doesn't work well against something aimed at the floor, nor PSI Flash...or a Ness who's cannonized himself at your face)
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 3:17 am

Kudo wrote:
.sickling. wrote:
Kudo wrote:

Actually, the TIP of Kirby's feet during a down Aerial is about as heavy a spike as ROB's down A (except it does less damage) The rest of it (as in the drill itself) doesn't count as a spike unless you can pull it off 2 times in a row before the enemy grabs the ledge (which is pretty much the only way I've perfectly spiked DDD to death, stupid super armor going up [actually there HAVE been times its worked on Meta Knight as well, just throwing him off at O% and spiking in that means but that only works 25% of the time, 5% on humans)

because by the 2nd time they're half way between the ledge and the KO line with 0 jumps left (assuming it's a 2 jump character, that area is btw, just below where you can recover via means of a majority of the Up-B moves, including Aether)

Edit: and last I still checked, Sheik was #1 in Melee, not Fox and Falco (whom Ness combos could easily defeat in Melee, let's just say the Relector doesn't work well against something aimed at the floor, nor PSI Flash...or a Ness who's cannonized himself at your face)

I've spiked with Kirby myself... and I haven't gotten the same results. Every time I spiked with R.O.B., no one had any chance of recovering. When I spiked Bowser at 78% with Kirby's down air (yes, with the tip of the first hit), he flew down for a little bit and was still able to perform his up Special.

Check the tier list again. The latest tier list shows Fox and Marth tied for 1st, with Sheik in 3rd and Falco as 4th.
Back to top Go down
seventhfonist425
Regular poster
Regular poster
seventhfonist425

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Wow, Snake is a lot higher up than I thought. Captain Falcon is a fun character if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 am

seventhfonist425 wrote:
Wow, Snake is a lot higher up than I thought. Captain Falcon is a fun character if you ask me.

fun, but highly impractical (as we saw when I played against you using Meta...that took long for me to win)

EDIT: and please, stop necro posting, it's still highly looked down upon
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:16 am

1. Meta Knight (The "Fox/Falco" of Brawl)
2. Snake <--- EH?!
3. King Dedede
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Falco
6. R.O.B.

High
7. Marth
8. Wario
9. Lucario
10. Donkey KongEH?!
11. Diddy Kong
12. Pikachu
13. Ice Climbers
14. Kirby
15. Pit
16. Wolf

Middle
17. Toon Link
18. Olimar
19. Fox
20. Zelda
21. Zero Suit Samus
22. BowserEH?!]
23. Luigi
24. Peach
25. Ike
26. Sheik

Low
27. Lucas Srsrly what the fuck?
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link

Bottom
37. Captain Falcon Falcon punch does not prevail.

My 2 cents are in bold.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:10 am

REASONS:

1. Meta Knight (The "Fox/Falco" of Brawl): He has no lag on almost all of his attacks. Combined with ridiculous priority, nobody can really fight him.
2. Snake: Superior camping strategies, projectiles, and ridiculous priority on tilts.
3. King Dedede: Longest grab range in the game. 'Nuff said.
4. Mr. Game & Watch: High priority on aerials, and decent comboing game.
5. Falco: Fast, strong, and one of two characters with an insta-spike.
6. R.O.B.: Superior projectiles.

High
7. Marth: All-around good.
8. Wario: Incredible air game, since he moves around in the air easily.
9. Lucario: His power spikes to ridiculous levels.
10. Donkey Kong: Heavy priority on aerials, plus lots of spikes. His speed is decent, too.
11. Diddy Kong: Small, fast, annoying. Plus, bananas.
12. Pikachu: Small, fast, high priority on aerials.
13. Ice Climbers: Infinite grab combos, plus arguably the strongest characters in the game (they have to do a double-attack, though)
14. Kirby: Great air game.
15. Pit: Arrow spamming, wings, spammy A, WHAT DOESN'T HE HAVE? Well, priority.
16. Wolf: Strong and has high priority, but difficult-to-use recovery.

Middle
17. Toon Link: All-around projectiles, but high-startup lag on lots of attacks. Good air game.
18. Olimar: Tiny, and packs a huge punch. One of two characters with an insta-spike. Abysmal recovery, however.
19. Fox: He's been watered down since Melee. A lot. Lessened priority, no more infinite combos, and overall difficult to land attacks with.
20. Zelda: Floaty, but has strong, high-priority attacks. Terrible air game.
21. Zero Suit Samus: Fast, and has very powerful attacks. Suffers from speed like Fox, though.
22. Bowser: His attacks are actually fast, but the ending lag makes him highly punishable.
23. Luigi: Very powerful (overpowered), but abysmal recovery.
24. Peach: Lessened priority from Melee.
25. Ike: Too slow.
26. Sheik: Attacks no longer pack a punch.

Low
27. Lucas: Abysmal recovery.
28. Ness: Abysmal recovery.
29. Mario: Nothing special about him, that's why.
30. Pokémon Trainer: Stamina system for Pokemon forces switches, thus giving the opponent KOs.
31. Samus: Strong, but almost all attacks are incredibly hard to land.
32. Yoshi: Low priority. He does counter Meta Knight, though.
33. Sonic: Inability to KO hurts Sonic a lot.
34. Jigglypuff: I really don't know why she's here. Incredible air game (the best there is).
35. Ganondorf: Sluggish attacks. But he's the strongest character in the game.
36. Link: Sluggish attacks, and NOT the strongest character in the game.

Bottom
37. Captain Falcon: Horrible recovery, abysmal priority, terrible startup and finishing lag on practically every attack. Anyone who manages to KO a competent player with Captain Falcon deserves kudos.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:05 pm

[quote=".sickling."
Bottom
37. Captain Falcon: Horrible recovery, abysmal priority, terrible startup and finishing lag on practically every attack. Anyone who manages to KO a competent player with Captain Falcon deserves kudos.[/quote]

unless the competent player accidentally rolls into a Falcon Punch, and chances are, that punch is going to get grabbed before any infinite potential energy is released
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Kudo wrote:
[quote=".sickling."
Bottom
37. Captain Falcon: Horrible recovery, abysmal priority, terrible startup and finishing lag on practically every attack. Anyone who manages to KO a competent player with Captain Falcon deserves kudos.

unless the competent player accidentally rolls into a Falcon Punch, and chances are, that punch is going to get grabbed before any infinite potential energy is released[/quote]

Computers have falcon punched me several times on my accidents. -Mutters- >_>.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brawl Tier List   The Brawl Tier List Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brawl Tier List
Page 1 of 1