Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS

Go down 
+3
kiki.i
.sickling.
Drag3ndz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:27 am

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090508_01.html

...OMG SRSLY?
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:34 am

Pocket Monstura: Golden Heart + Silver Soul
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:26 pm

OMG I ALMOST FINISHED THIS GAME AND THEN I DROPPED IT (it was on a multipack) AND THEN IT DIED! I GOTTA GET THIS! KYA! :fangirls:

wait, this IS a remake of the old one, right?
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:38 pm

We knew this was going to happen sooner or later...

Don't expect Crystal this time...

I call Silver
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:29 pm

kiki.i wrote:
OMG I ALMOST FINISHED THIS GAME AND THEN I DROPPED IT (it was on a multipack) AND THEN IT DIED! I GOTTA GET THIS! KYA! :fangirls:

wait, this IS a remake of the old one, right?

Pocket Monstura: Golden Heart + Silver Soul
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:00 am

I WANT GOLD!

so wait, it IS a remake, right? can someone just say yes/no?
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:51 pm

はい、それはリメイクです。

hai , soreha rimeiku desu .

Yes, it is a remake.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:42 am

YATTA! 太好了!
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:41 pm

I believe this is the only game you can speed run with solely using your starter without much trouble.

Aaron recommends Cyndiquil :>.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:37 am

Pikachu wrote:
I believe this is the only game you can speed run with solely using your starter without much trouble.

It's tradition that the Fire starter is always the hardest to start out with (all the starting Gym leaders are super-effective against Fire), but most rewarding (they learn the most powerful moves and usually have the best stats). So don't choose Cyndaquil (Fire-type) unless you've played Pokemon before.

Of relative difficulties:
Grass = Easy
Water = Normal
Fire = Hard
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon May 18, 2009 3:54 pm

.sickling. wrote:
Pikachu wrote:

It's tradition that the Fire starter is always the hardest to start out with (all the starting Gym leaders are super-effective against Fire), but most rewarding (they learn the most powerful moves and usually have the best stats). So don't choose Cyndaquil (Fire-type) unless you've played Pokemon before.

Grass = Easy
Water = Normal
Fire = Hard

for once, you are incorrect about something pokemon-wise

In Generation 2, Cyndaquil is the EASIEST to start out with, and Grass is the hardest (since the first gym is bird type and can wipe the floor when you get nothing but "not-very effective") You could almost consider Cyndaquil broken since it's easy to start with, and still gives out those large stats at the end

2nd gym and later aren't looking too good either, they actually reccommend you to already have a Baleef by the FIRST GYM

Although, water is again, in the middle, as it was in Gen 1 (Gen 1 follows Grass as the easiest, and fire as the hardest)

Personally, I used Water in Gen 2, made it my HM slave, and decided to run through the game with other pokemon instead (I still have NO CLUE where I picked up that Far' fetched though O_o)

also, @Aaron, yes you can speed run with only your starter, but...WHAT ABOUT RED?! The EXP jump from Blue to Red almost requires you to train extra (high 50s at Blue, high 70s at Red, the 81 Pikachu is just for show and is the easiest, just beware thunderwave)
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:52 pm

Kudo wrote:
.sickling. wrote:
Pikachu wrote:

Grass = Easy
Water = Normal
Fire = Hard

for once, you are incorrect about something pokemon-wise

In Generation 2, Cyndaquil is the EASIEST to start out with, and Grass is the hardest (since the first gym is bird type and can wipe the floor when you get nothing but "not-very effective") You could almost consider Cyndaquil broken since it's easy to start with, and still gives out those large stats at the end

2nd gym and later aren't looking too good either, they actually reccommend you to already have a Baleef by the FIRST GYM

Although, water is again, in the middle, as it was in Gen 1 (Gen 1 follows Grass as the easiest, and fire as the hardest)

Personally, I used Water in Gen 2, made it my HM slave, and decided to run through the game with other pokemon instead (I still have NO CLUE where I picked up that Far' fetched though O_o)

also, @Aaron, yes you can speed run with only your starter, but...WHAT ABOUT RED?! The EXP jump from Blue to Red almost requires you to train extra (high 50s at Blue, high 70s at Red, the 81 Pikachu is just for show and is the easiest, just beware thunderwave)

I have never played Generation 2, so I wouldn't know this. );

I have experience from Generation 1, 3, and 4, and from that alone I figured that Grass-type was usually the easiest.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:25 am

Well, that's Gen 2 for you

Pulling all sorts of random crap on you.

Such as gym leaders going away from their gyms to do other stuff while you're left saying, "but I wanna get the badge NAOW!" and others that are just PLAIN old idiots. (*cough*Whitney*cough* [Type: Normal, Badge: Plain)

But mostly gym leaders having a life outside of the gym (for once)

i.e.

Misty goes on a date (yes, it is implied Red was her first BF, somewhere)
Morty leaves to find out the mysteries of the superstitious...(Ho-oh & Lugia & The Legendary Dogs)
Jasmine tends a sick pokemon atop a 6-10 story tower (which you need to go up around twice)
Clair goes training at the Dragon's Den
Blaine moves away (well, after the volcano exploded, who can blame him?)
Janine uses KAGE BUSHIN NO JUTSU! (since Koga left for the Elite 4)

Even Blue...(if you call what he's doing as having a life)

But that's around it, I think
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:00 am

Augh, this game's a bitch after the Elite four. Just saying, with all the gym leaders getting a life and all. Misty looks ugly. Ewwww.

The only the close to being remotely challenging in this game was Red, but you can defeat his party EASILY with a freaking Pikachu @ level 100 assuming it's Timid natured with a light ball.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:16 am

.sickling. wrote:

Grass = Easy
Water = Normal
Fire = Hard
orly? i always chose fire pokemon first...
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:37 am

kiki.i wrote:
.sickling. wrote:

Grass = Easy
Water = Normal
Fire = Hard
orly? i always chose fire pokemon first...

Yes... really.

Why? Charmander only knows normal and fire attacks @ brocks gym. Ground and rock types, nuff said.

Skipping 2nd generation of games.

3rd generation:
You need to evolve Torchic to a blaziken by the time you challenge the 1st gym so you have double kick. Again it's a b--.. With Mudkip you can solo that gym with repeated water guns and at level 10. For Treecko, I forgot his crap.

4th Gen:
Same reason as above except chimchar = monferno w/ mach punch.
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:33 am

Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:48 pm

...Definitely gonna get it.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:23 am

Pikachu wrote:
Augh, this game's a bitch after the Elite four. Just saying, with all the gym leaders getting a life and all. Misty looks ugly. Ewwww.

The only the close to being remotely challenging in this game was Red, but you can defeat his party EASILY with a freaking Pikachu @ level 100 assuming it's Timid natured with a light ball.

Original Gen 2, HAS no natures (or at least, not stuff like this Timid, Modest, or Jolly crap)
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:01 pm

Kudo wrote:
Pikachu wrote:

Original Gen 2, HAS no natures (or at least, not stuff like this Timid, Modest, or Jolly crap)

I'm saying in reality when the game comes. I'm taking a mixture of the past and the present. Past as in Ash's old team, and present as in natures EVs, IVs and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:02 am

Pikachu wrote:
Kudo wrote:
Pikachu wrote:

I'm saying in reality when the game comes. I'm taking a mixture of the past and the present. Past as in Ash's old team, and present as in natures EVs, IVs and stuff.

that works, although I pity the guy at TC going on about this Jolly crap (out of 24, I think I might squeeze pursuit somewhere...naw)
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 pm

The game has been out in Japan for a couple of days now. I know you guys already got the unfinished menu English patch. What do you guys think about the game so far?
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Warning, Spoilers:

It's awesome, the touch screen short cuts work well, you can now have two shortcut items (one button use) instead of just one

The items from the old and new games are all obviously there, they've had the contest crap planned since 4th gen. They did a pretty good job with the legendaries (you can get all the legendaries from Gen 1+2+3+4 without trading, exception of the emotion pokemon, the regis, a few other pieces of crap like Shamin and Manaphy, but really, nobody likes them) Arceus is another exception, instead they gave him a trippy event. And I mean trippy.

And of course Mew still has yet to gain a way to get without hacking, abusing glitches, or through an event. Ever.

So yes, the Legendary birds of Gen 1 are back in their original locations.

The Town graphics look pretty good, I can already tell they've changed a few things difficulty wise (more than just the re-matches not in the original)

If you're still stuck to Gen 3+4 for some reason, they have a few cameos (Cynthia and Steven are there...for some reason, as an example)

Although I know you're rather impatient and dislike the attack graphics, too bad, that's still there (besides, they were slower in Gen 1, didn't you ever try using Surf?)
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:02 am

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS News_top_vg_hgss_pokewalker

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/vg_hgss_news_walker-2010-01-06/

It's official: We're getting those walking thing-a-ma-bob things, the Pokéwalker.

The game is dated for a U.S. release on March 17th.

And a Pikachu-colored Pichu will be distributed at GameStops from Jan 31st to Feb 14th. Just half a month. If you transfer it to Heart Gold or Soul Silver, you get a fuzzy-hair Pichu.
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 am

Drag3ndz wrote:
Pokemon Gold and Silver DS News_top_vg_hgss_pokewalker

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/vg_hgss_news_walker-2010-01-06/

It's official: We're getting those walking thing-a-ma-bob things, the Pokéwalker.

The game is dated for a U.S. release on March 17th.

And a Pikachu-colored Pichu will be distributed at GameStops from Jan 31st to Feb 14th. Just half a month. If you transfer it to Heart Gold or Soul Silver, you get a fuzzy-hair Pichu.

MOTHER FAWESOMEFILLERTEXTKING YES. POKEMON WALKER.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Fuzzy-haired Pichu. DO WANT.

Oh and I might preorder locally.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:05 am

holy shat i want silver
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:13 am

You infiltrate Team Rocket in Gold/Silver?
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 am

.sickling. wrote:

Dur hur, there was a reason it was spoiler'd
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 am

.sickling. wrote:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Very funny comic. Why don't they have different outcomes for replay value- oh wait 1 save file.

BTW pokemongoldsilver.com Pikachi Forest Mystery Gift will air April 1st - April 30th.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:16 am

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS Wailor10
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 am

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS Wailord4-Koma

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS RedandFrozenPikachu
Pokemon Gold and Silver DS BlueandFrozenRed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Gold and Silver DS   Pokemon Gold and Silver DS Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Gold and Silver DS
Page 1 of 1