Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets go to Anime Expo!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Lets go to Anime Expo! Empty
PostSubject: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know its REALLY early, but the earlier, the better. So, I will be planning on going for all 4 days, provided if you guys want to go with me. I will try to set up a hotel room and what not ONLY IF YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO BE SELFISH BRATS AND BURDEN YOUR PARENTS WITH YOUR BACK AND FORTH BULLSHIT. However, if you wanna NOT do that, then I guess I'll only go two days. Plus, ITS A FUCKING ADVENTURE. I think we all need to get out and do shit for once in our lives, and be by ourselves for once. Depending how many people are coming, the less you will have to pay for it.

I am currently about to reserve the room I NEED AN ANSWER NOW.

oh and Kudo, if you don't wanna go, dont fucking post. geeze.
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 am

Can I come? :3
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:55 am

Yep, If you are willing to pay part of the cost

The hotels I am trying to reserve are gonna be around one to one and a half blocks walking distance to the convention center. However, it will change if I get my licenses before then.

if we have two sexes in our group, we will have to pay twice as much for two rooms, UNLESS we somehow convince our parent nothing of the ero/ecchi-game variety will occur. The current cost for one room is roughly $150 PER NIGHT

the lowest cost per person if we have a full group (7 people) is about $65 in one room. Two rooms is roughly $130 dollars, plus cost of 4 day passes makes it $130 ($195 dollars for two rooms) and about $80 for foodstuffs drives it to $210 per person for a room.

The total per person is $275 PER PERSON?! (That can be reduced if we do not eat convention food and bring our own food.)

If this is going down, everyone has to bring food, enough for two days for two people. A 12 pack of chicken ramen is not acceptable. No perishables, and it has to be able to be cooked with nothing but a coffee pot. And for the love of god, don't bring TV dinners.

Space will be cramped, and there will be one shitter and one shower. We leave the toilet lid down, and we leave the bathroom doors closed when in use. Knock before entering, and the lotion is not for you alone. I would also like all of use to participate in the Cram family tradition of looting the fuck outta the hotel. I expect everyone to grab at least one bar of soap or jar of shampoo.

Also, we leave in groups of at least two and meet back at the hotel by at least 7:00 pm, no later. Everyone has to have a cell on them, charged and ready to use, and be with a person with a room card. If possible we should also carry maps.

Like I said, it'll be worth it if we all go together as a large group. Also, in the event that we share a single room, we take turns each night sleeping in a bed. Two people per bed, only of the same gender.

If you're bringing movies, keep them interesting and not Twilight.

Don't touch anyone else's stuff (This is directed at you .sickling.) NO MATTER WHAT. Even if the bag twitches and there are muffled screams emanating from it, do NOT open the fucker. Privacy is key.

We can order food, but please, if you are ordereing room service, TELL EVERYONE ELSE.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 am

Ouch. Seven people sounds cramped, and the pricing for room even split up sounds worse. It's probably going to me me, Cram, .sickling., Zandyne, two parents and one other person I'm assuming is going to be Pikachu, seeing that you doubt Kudo's arrival.

...I just noticed that I would become a legal adult by then and can do anything I want. That also makes me legally responsible if I somehow become alone with one of you 17 or younger... Please don't leave me with you. I'm not responsible enough, yet!

If I recall, there's a certain limit to a number of people in one hotel room. Of course that we will be forced to split into four different rooms.

Okay so it's $65 for 4 Days of AX. If only Matt, me, Cram, and Zandyne join in, that would mean we can only have one room because we agreed that Zandyne counts as a man. $150 / 4 People = $37.5 for each person in one day. Multiplying that by 4 days and that's $150 for each person per day. Adding to the badges for AX, that's a grand total of $215 per person. (Golly gee!)

Of course this means I gotta buy cans of tuna that can open themselves like I did last AX. (*Laughter*) Give me an update, because I'm in. Get those tickets. Nao.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:39 am

well, actually 7 people isn't that cramped, assuming you have 2 rooms. i don't know how many days i'll be able to go; hopefully at least 2. oh, and that reminds me: i need help making my costume. anyone wants to volunteer? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 am

It'll only be two rooms if we can afford it, otherwise, we will have have to be mature about the sleeping arrangements

Last edited by Cram on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 am

No thanks. I'll be going to the Anime Expo, but not rooming with you guys.

Reasons:

1)My mom won't let me.
2)My room > More comfortable
3)I can't sleep well with several people in a room.
4)????
5)Profit.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:59 pm

doesn't make much sense, but any specific reason why or is it a "cause I said so" issue?
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 am

Same here, too. Here is my parent's reasoning:

It's not safe. The Los Angeles area around the Anime Expo is rife with the "bad" crowd, and if anything were to happen we'd be miles away and we'd be unable to do anything. We can't drive, we can hardly protect ourselves (considering that thugs are usually huge, muscular, and often pack knives/guns), and we can't even navigate the area on our own.

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:41 am

Thugs are actually a little more lean than you think. Many times, a truly muscular person wouldn't need to carry a gun, and even then, such muscularity doesn't come in every thug and most of them will use nubers or sharp CQC weapons such as at most 8 inch knives. I often pack knives (Longet I've carried is 6 inches) and I actually know how to use one correctly [They're all razor sharp as well]. I may also be buying a wooden sword or even a metal replica, so no thug would dare screw with us. Plus, thugs don't attack groups of people, assuming you all don't scatter like bunnies at the first sight of trouble. The rules would be that we would get back to the hotel before it got dark and we would spend the rest of the day gaming, eating, cooking, or sleeping.

One last thing, thugs don't target large groups of nerds. We're at an anime convention, so traffic will be high and only if we take side streets will we be at risk. The enitre convention strip is actually well lit and there are plenty of vehicles going up and down the street. As long as we don't break a 6:30 curfew, we'll be pretty safe.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 am

Cram wrote:
Thugs are actually a little more lean than you think. Many times, a truly muscular person wouldn't need to carry a gun, and even then, such muscularity doesn't come in every thug and most of them will use nubers or sharp CQC weapons such as at most 8 inch knives. I often pack knives (Longet I've carried is 6 inches) and I actually know how to use one correctly [They're all razor sharp as well]. I may also be buying a wooden sword or even a metal replica, so no thug would dare screw with us. Plus, thugs don't attack groups of people, assuming you all don't scatter like bunnies at the first sight of trouble. The rules would be that we would get back to the hotel before it got dark and we would spend the rest of the day gaming, eating, cooking, or sleeping.

One last thing, thugs don't target large groups of nerds. We're at an anime convention, so traffic will be high and only if we take side streets will we be at risk. The enitre convention strip is actually well lit and there are plenty of vehicles going up and down the street. As long as we don't break a 6:30 curfew, we'll be pretty safe.

My parents are not amused. It's still a no-go. Sorry. ):

Who's everyone cosplaying as?
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:22 am

pfft, well that was a HUGE waste of time on my part, I'm cancelling the reservation, and my AX ticket purchase.

I think I'll get a 2 day pass because lord knows that's the only time I'll have because the rst of you have overprotective parents.

[rant]

Ask them this, how social were they when they were your age? Pretty damn social I'm assuming. Now, this social activity is us mingling with others that share our interests: Anime, videogames, and generally good art.

Compared to your parents, most likely partying at our age, this is merely a cakewalk is not even a small excursion.

But i digress, your parents only want to protect you and keep you pure and all that extremist bullshit, so just go ahead and make them pay for the trips it'll take to take you up there and back.

Honestly, its a real pain as the only thing keeping you from going is the fact that your parents are afraid of you getting mugged in a well lit and crowded area of town. Meh.

[/rant]
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 pm

:cough: weelll, anyways, i'm cosplaying as edward elric
Lets go to Anime Expo! Circle10
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 am

Cram wrote:
pfft, well that was a HUGE waste of time on my part, I'm cancelling the reservation, and my AX ticket purchase.

I think I'll get a 2 day pass because lord knows that's the only time I'll have because the rst of you have overprotective parents.

[rant]

Ask them this, how social were they when they were your age? Pretty damn social I'm assuming. Now, this social activity is us mingling with others that share our interests: Anime, videogames, and generally good art.

Compared to your parents, most likely partying at our age, this is merely a cakewalk is not even a small excursion.

But i digress, your parents only want to protect you and keep you pure and all that extremist bullshit, so just go ahead and make them pay for the trips it'll take to take you up there and back.

Honestly, its a real pain as the only thing keeping you from going is the fact that your parents are afraid of you getting mugged in a well lit and crowded area of town. Meh.

[/rant]

In response to your rant:
My dad left to live on his own at the age of 14. No one cared for him, so I guess he was social, but he knows how to protect himself and was generally isolated (to avoid conflict). As for my mom, she was heavily protected with a shield larger then the parents of San Marino. She was NOT allowed out of the house unless accompanied by her dad himself. My mom and her sister had to SNEAK out of the house if they wanted to socialize. School is an exception for going out by themselves though.

I guess for the average Taiwanese teenager this is seriously a cake walk. They'd be doing this type of things and possibly more dangerous at the age of 10. I agree on this part, but that's stero typing it.

It's not extreme bull shit. Being pure has it's advantages to an extent. I personally like being pure (physically) as I fall into a state of shock when I find out things.

Lastly, we don't live in areas where we can walk everywhere. Back in Taiwan and China things were left and right. You can travel anywhere in less then 15 minutes as it takes us ~an hour(?) to ride to the mall. There's always a chance where we'll be mugged, knifed, etc even in a big crowd. There are insane people you know. Are parents just don't want us to take that risk.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 am

Of course seventhfonist and I will attend this year's Anime Expo. However, I want to go for all 4 days! But I'm more likely going to sleep over at his house if that is the case, unless we could afford a hotel room.

I dunno who I want to cosplay as. I'll have to give it time or something.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:42 am

i want to go all four days but i'll probably only be able to go on the weekend; two days (max) Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets go to Anime Expo!   Lets go to Anime Expo! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets go to Anime Expo!
Page 1 of 1