Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in the Blind Eternities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Lost in the Blind Eternities Empty
PostSubject: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Lost in the Blind Eternities 11_FactorFiction

This is an rp I would like to make but it is not necessarily based in Isiya and since the RPG/Text forum is locked i just posted it here.

Ok so I am making a little story with 2 main characters (Planeswalkers) that stick together through harrowing ordeals in a quest for knowledge. They try to find a map to an explored and dangerous plane known as Zendikar. This is based very much on Magic: The Gathering but due to the nature of a Planeswalker's abilities, they can travel to all kinds of worlds so don't be scared away just because you know nothing of Magic. If you want to join you just have to tell me what kind of magic you want to specialize in (i.e. mind magic, fire magic, ice magic, summoning, necromancy, etc.) and I will assign any number of the five colors of mana to your character (i.e. blue-black or green-white). Seeing as their are five colors of mana (white, blue, green, red, black) any kind of character will fit in, even if you just specialize in weapons and not magic. (There will be worlds based on video games if wanted. Anyone who wants to join this RP can make suggestions on where to go.)

More Planeswalkers can join but there will also be other charcters that join up with the main characters until they move on to a new plane. Any player can make a character that resides upon a plane but if you want to make a Planeswalker than I will help you with that.

Each Planeswalker must have a home plane, color assignment, and a weapon/magic of choice.

I will list the colors of mana and what their characteristics are:
Green: Life, Growth, Forests/Jungles. Green Planeswalkers revel in summoning powerful creatures, or swarms of smaller ones.
Blue: Wisdom, Knowledge. Blue Planeswalkers have a lust for knowledge and special in magics such as mind magic and counter magic.
White: Order, Honor, Civilization. White Planeswalkers have a feeling of honor and order along with loyalty to their allies. Their magic heals and augments themselves and allies.
Red: Chaos, Destruction. Red Planeswalkers are short tempered and strong. They use magics such as fire, lightning, and others.
Black: Death, Sickness. Black Planeswalkers are powerful and know what they want but will do anything to get what they want. They know magics such as necromancy, weakening of foes and augmenting of minions.

This RP will not have a posting max or minimum. I just request that when you post, you make it meaningful and not too short. I will say no one liners, though.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:35 pm

I will now post the two main characters for now. I will be controlling Lydia for sure but I may relinquish control of Shen to anyone interested.

Name: Shen
Race: Elf
Sub-Occupation: Elvish Warrior and Mage
Mana-Coloration: Green-White
Home Plane: Lorwyn/Shadowmoor
Guild/Clan/Tribe: Attempting to join Guilt-Leaf which turns into Wilt-Leaf

Appearence: An elf born without horns making him look human but with pointed ears.
~Height: 6'1"
~Hair: black
~Eyes: green

Clothes: Green elvish warrior tunic. Sturdy brown leather boots.

Weapons:
-A sword smuggled to him by Shen's father when Shen was exiled from his clan. According to elvish laws of beauty, an elf with no horns must be killed. Shen's father was the tribe's leader so he convinced the others to only exile Shen.
-A wepon that is 5 feet long and collapseable. It has two bladed edges each 8 inches long and sharp on the point and sides. The rest is wood other than a foot long handgrip in the middle. One of Shen's Kithkin friends helped him make it.

History: Cast out of hia tribe at a young age, he trained and learned magic and how to fight with a sword. He later befriended some kithkin who helped him make a weapon later on. He tried to sneak into his tribe's territory to talk to his father and rejoin the clan but he encountered a patrol. During the fight, a light spread across the sky known as the Aurora and the perpetual sun of Lorwyn turned into the perpetual dusk of Shadowmoor. When Lorwyn shifted, he had horns for the first time and he was accepted into the tribe. 1 year later, cinder's attacked while he was on patrol and just before he would have been killed, his Planeswalker spark ignited and he found himself in Ravnica during the festival of the guildpact. He snuck away in the crowd where he met a curious woman...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Lydia
Race: Human
Sub-Occupation: Dimir Mage
Mana-Coloration: Blue-Black
Home Plane: Ravnica
Guild/Clan/Tribe: Dimir

Appearence:
~Height: 5'9"
~Hair: black with blue streaks
~Eyes: dark blue

Clothes: Blue and black robes. Lydia wears a cloak she is never seen without. The cloak has a hood which she normally doesn't have on and the rest goes down to her ankles. She also wears silver dangling earrings made of etherium which shift in shape slowly.

History: She was a natural learner as a young girl. When she was just 10 years old, a Golgari creature was rampaging through the streets. Just before it crushed Lydia, her spark ignited and she planeswalked to the Alaran shard of Esper. She returned to Ravnica where she immediately enrolled in the Dimir mage academy. Now, as a grown woman, she uses her intelligence and looks to get what she wants. Unlike other Dimir mages, she is not good with memory magic but instead excells in mind, countering, and summoning magic.

Other: Her cloak is a whispersilk cloak. It is extremely rare and when worn (with the hood up) it makes the wearer completely undetecable through magic or any other means. Few people know where Lydia got it and even fewer know how.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm

The Blind Eternities, The Void, The Aether. No matter what you know it as, the place that connects all the planes, but lies outside of it have been a complete mystery to all, including those who traverse it. The Blind Eternites connect all planes of existence, no matter if large or small, natural or artificial. It seems like a place of great wonder and possibility. However, the Blind Eternities was not always known as a place of mystery, it was once a means of escape.

Long ago, there were creatures of immense size and strength known as the Plane Eaters. No one knew about there existence until a powerful Planeswalker was headed toward his home plane, only to find it slowly breaking up. When he arrived in the lane, the stars were all gone and the one of the twin suns had vanished. He looked about to see that the planet itself was slowly vanishing into nothingness. Just before he would have been killed, he left his home for the last time.

Enraged at the loss of all his friends and family, he pulled in the power of the Aether and his life force itself to cast an extremely powerful binding spell. One so powerful, it chained with all of the other Planes Eaters. The Multiverse would be safe from them, but he perished.

Now, someone plans to release, and control these ancient beasts of destruction for there own insane wishes and if they succeed, the multiverse may cease to exist with nothing but an Aether filled void.

But, a few Planeswalkers are about to stumble upon each other, make friends, and learn of the plot of this insane person. They realize that if they do not succeed, they will not even have homes to go to to talk of failure. They will have nothing.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Shen pulled away the leaves to see what was past the bush he was hiding behind. Another patrol of five elves passed by guarding a set perimter around their tribes village. Shen woul have to wait for a gap in the patrol if he was to sneak in. The patrols kept enough spacing in between each other so if anyone or anything tried to get through, either the current patrol would hear it, or the next patrol woul see it. It was extremely effective and impossible to breach. There was always an elf an arrow away from any would-be intruders. Shen let the leaves move back into place and he lied lower into his hiding place.

Shen was an elf, cast out by his tribe for not having horns. According to elvish laws of beauty, any elf with damaged horns or with no horns at all, must be killed. Yet Shen was spared for his father was the tribe's leader. Now Shen wished to speak with his father and try to rejoin the tribe.

When Shen was brought deep into the woods by guards and his father, his father managed to sneak Shen a sword before Shen was put into unconsciousness. With that sword, Shen learned to fight. He trained everyday in the forest, fighting the beasts and creatures that lived there and training his magic. Unlike the other elves on Lorwyn, Shen did not use magic as a means to kill. Instead, Shen learned magic to strengthen one's self and to incapacitate others. The other elves knew the sames spells except their idea of incapacitation was death.

When Shen grew older and became confident in his abilities of swordplay and magic, he vetured out of the forest and explored the wide plains of Lorwyn. He met and befriended a few kithkin and even a giant. Shen's kithkin friends helped him make him a weapon that Shen felt would be effective in combat. Shen dubbed it, the bladespear. It is 5 feet long and collapseable. It has two bladed edges each 8 inches long and sharp on the point and sides. The rest is wood other than a foot long handgrip in the middle.

Now was the time to advance. The next patrol was coming into sight and the previous was out of sight. To allow for the one second stall he needed, She pulled a string which tripped an elf. The others helped him up and kept walking. As they passed Sen's hiding place, he cast a spell. It caused the elves to fall forward softly and drift off into sleep.

Shen emerged from his hiding place, latched together his bladespear, and quietly moved past the sleeping patrol. He hoped he would get far enough into the perimeter that the patrols didn't see him, especially his lack of horns. There was a standing order to kill any elf with no horns, and Shen did not want to be the first killed by that order.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Shen moved silently past the next set of guards using the same tactic as last time. He walked past the unconscious elves and entered the outer reaches of the village. He took a moment to look around at his old home. But, that cost him the element of surprise because right then, someone noticed him and alerted the guards. Elves from nearly all direction surrounded him and unison, cast spells to kill him. Shen ducked down and cast a protective spell around him, blocking spells that would have hit him. The spells that missed, went right past Shen and hit the elves opposite of the caster. Now enraged, th guards moved in with their swords drawn.

Shen blocked, slashed, parried, stabbed, and got cut but he did not even think about not seeing his father. He ducked under someone's sword and hit him with a sleeping spell before blocking another sword. Eventually, seeing that Shen was very strong, the more elite elves came in and Shen's heart felt like it had been torn out and crushed. They had sent the Vanquishers.

Vanquishers were lethal killers. They are trained to sneak on foes or charge the head on. They prefer the former because then there is less blood. There blades have an extremely lethal toxin in it that kills in fifteen seconds, but it doesn't feel like that to the receiver. The poison slows down the victim's perception of time and for what seems like fifteen minutes to the vitim, but fifteen seconds for the attacker, they experience a pain so horrible, they tear their hair, their eyes, even their skin out in uncontrolled agony.

Shen backed away. He was scared, so very scared. He could only think of one thing, running, but he couldn't he was too scared. Shen finally managed to turn around and run but as soon as he turned, three Vanquishers stood face to face with him.

Shen thought he was going to die, and he would have, if a light hadn't chot across the sky, changing the perpetual sunlight into a perpetual darkness. Every creature upon the plane changed drastically save for the fae. When Shen looked down again after having looked up, the Vanquishers had walked past him like nothing happened. Shen looked round to find that noone was trying to kill him. Shen couldn't imagine what could have changed everyone. He reached up to scratch his forehead but felt something hard, and rough. He had horns. Shen was no longer an exile. Tears of joy welled up in Shen's eyes and he ran elated to the village leader's home where he found his father.

Later that day, Shen walked out of the village with a group of other elves for a patrol. Shen was so happy, so very happy. But that happiness would soon turn into fear because the once peaceful flamekin were leaving a path of destruction behind them as cinders, and they were headed straight for the forest.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:36 am

Cinders... Once peaceful flamekin, these dark elementals no longer have any feeling of being peaceful. Their only goal is to leave a wake of destruction in their wake. Now, a group of them were heading toward the forest, straight for Shen's patrol.

Shen walked along the perimeter of the village territory and kept an eye out for anything coming in. Something caught Shen's eye. A growing darkness approaching but Shadowmoor was always at dusk, never getting darker or lighter. Shen had no idea what it could be. He notified the patrol's scout about what was happening. The scout moved out to the edge of the forest and returned a minute later, sprinting.

"Cinders! Cinders are heading for the village! Draw arms! Call the other patr--"

He never finished his sentence. He was killed slowly and he felt extreme agony. Black smoke billowed into the forest and cackling could be heard all around. Faint glows could be seen through the haze and faces appeared of what Shen thought were flamekin. He let his guard down for a moment and the three elves behind him were killed.

Two cinders moved for Shen but he dodged their attacks and snapped his bladespear together. He slashed back and cut down his attackers. He could hear other elves coming to fight but they were killed by cinders, too.

Shen fought for as long as he could, casting spells and attacking but with each hit he took from a cinder, he became weaker and weaker. Just as he was about to give in, he heard a cry of war. The vanquishers, perfects, and warriors had arrived and Shen thought he was saved. Just as salvation was close, a cinder burst through Shen's lowered guard hit Shen in the shoulder. He fell to the floor, the world turning black. Five cinders run in and Shen saw a flash of light.

Shen was falling, floating, moving through nothing as a myriad of colors streamed by. Shen blinked and there was a flash of light. He felt weak, but he was able to pull himself to his feet and look to see where he was. It was...bright. There was light, and people. So many people. They looked like elves yet, their ears were round...and none of them had horns and ther homes were made of...stone. Everyone was happy and having fun. People were laughing and talking.

Shen slowly moved through the crowd as people gave him strange looks. Shen looked at his clothes to see he was covered in ash, cuts, and bruises.

Shen moved into an alleyway that was clear of people and headed for a corner to sit down in when he bumped into something. He heard a slight yell of anger and a woman with black and blue hair materialized in front of him. She looked mad. Extremely mad. Shen snapped his bladespear back into place and prepared for a fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lydia was wandering the back alleys of Ravnica while others were out enjoying themselves at the festival. The festival of the guildpact was when every guild on Ravnica met and engaged in a festival of immense preportion. Lydia didn't care to be in crowds. She preferred prowling around the alleys until she reached a place of interest.

As Lydia looked down an adjacent alleyway, someone walked straight into her and knocked her to the floor. Her hood fell off and she let out a small cry of anger. "What's up with you?! Aren't all you Selesnya elves out there having fun!?" The elf didn't speak and instead snapped on odd weapon together before falling into a fighting stance.

"You seem to be more than your average elf. Not many Selesnya elves learn to fight. They prefer magic and summoning saprolings. So what do you plan to do now? Hurt me?" As soon as she finished, the elf began casting a spell. Lydia cast her own spell, sending it straight at the elves hands and the spell stopped.

"What did you just do?" he asked. "None but the merrow and fae know of counter magic. Who are you and of what species do you come from?"

"Who am I and what species do I come from? Are you serious? I'm a human. Much like many other people here. I'm a Dimir mage and I don't think you're in any position to ask questions, especially since you won't be able to move in two seconds."

In unison, Lydia and Shen cast a blue and white spell respectively, each hitting their target perfectly. Coincedentally, Lydia cast a binding spell while Shen did, too.

A few minutes later, the spells wore off and Lydia took a few steps back. This elf was skilled. Hard for even her to best, and she was the best.

Shen spoke first, "I do not wish to fight you. I am new to this place and have never seen your race before. I did not know if you would be hostile."

Lydia felt as if her intestines were rolling around. "What do you mean...new? New to this city?"

"It is... hard to explain."

"I think it's easier than you think. Were you...about to be hurt. Or killed? Did you find yourself here after being...somewhere else?"

Shen dropped back into his stance and held up his bladespear. "How do you know of this?!"

"Because," she said, understanding in her voice. "My name is Lydia and the same thing happened to me."
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:24 am

There was a brief flash of light: but nobody was around to notice. Somewhere, deep inside the dark bowels of Ravnica, a strange figure stood silently. He appeared between the age of twenty and thirty, and looked far too strange to be native. Raraku's mind was in a daze: it had been a while since he had used his "ability." Ten years, in fact, since he had fled the horrific plane of Phyrexia: a land of savage creatures not even the worst of nightmares could host. He remembered, that he too, was a Phyrexian: there would be no escaping that fact. But his heritage was of no importance now. He was Raraku: a new individual, one not bound by any orders. He was free. Raraku checked his hand, and it was still there. He shuffled around a bit to check if anything had fallen off during his travels: thankfully, everything was in proper order. Satisfied, he ventured out of the darkness.

Almost immediately, Raraku was met by an outburst of noise and vigor, something that the Phyrexian was not used to. He was accustomed to the wailing death-cries of organics, the satisfying crunch of their bones as their bodies were crushed and processed. But this was different: these were screams of... joy. The voices seemed to be... happy. It took a brief moment to register in the Phyrexian's head, as Raraku shook his head. He concluded that there must be a festival nearby, and that his body was simply tired, exhausted from the journey in the Blind Eternities, the mysterious realm between worlds. Time spent in the place seemed to sap his strength quickly: he would have to monitor how much time he wandered around in there next time. Suddenly, Raraku sensed an unnerving presence. A sudden flicker of energy. Something... something was definitely not right.

The area around him was shrouded in darkness: even with his enhanced visual capacities, the Phyrexian still struggled to see in the dim lighting. If a conflict were to erupt here, he would definitely be at a disadvantage. He decided he should leave the alleyways as quickly as possible, so he quickened his footsteps. He couldn't sense anyone nearby, which was a good thing... but observations could change far too quickly, and Raraku knew this far too well. His body was crafted of metal: he could probably withstand the first blow, considering that his assailant would be under the pretense that he was human... Suddenly, he took notice of two people, before his sight was blinded with a harsh radiance. He was under attack. Raraku wasted no time as his arm melded into a vicious blade, one sharp and deadly enough to cleave through steel. He applied additional energy to his leg cells: he would need the extra speed. His retinas focused, adjusting to the light as it faded: Raraku hurled himself at the figure closest to him, a blue-haired woman, ready to slice her into two.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Lydia and Shen's conversation was cut short. A man had approached from an alleyway just as they finished their fight. They did not give him a second thought. That is, until he tried to kill them.

Lydia had her back to the man and didn't see her coming. However, Shen saw him and rushed forward with his bladespear. The man had a weapon and Shen blocked it and jumped back. As Shen did this, Lydia sprang back and put the hood of her cloak up. She instantly disappeared.

Shen spoke up, "Your name is Lydia is it not? I am Shen of the Wilt-Leaf. Do you know this man?"

"Never seen him in my life. On 3, got it? 1...2...3!"

In unison the two of them cast binding spells. Shen from the front, Lydia from the back. Shen stood poised to jump forward unless the odd...human...managed to dodge the spells.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 am

Raraku was utterly surprised as he felt his blow repelled. Burning sparks flew as the two weapons ground against each other: metal against metal. Raraku's eyes narrowed: he did not expect the other to interfere with his attack. He bounded away from the boy, reforming his weapon back into a normal arm. Raraku gritted his teeth as he forced his body to undergo another transformation. His fists clenched: the edges of his spine launched forward behind the Phyrexian. The cloth from the shirt on his back shred into pieces as the back of the Phyrexian melded into enormous, insect-like extremities. The tip of each leg tapered into a vicious edge, more than sharp enough to cleave a man into pieces, and each was blacker than the darkness of night. Raraku, his mind blinded by bloodlust, charged headlong into the two... which was now one. Suddenly, the Phyrexian noticed the visual absence of the female. He could sense an additional presence... but he could see none. The momentary hesitation in the Phyrexian proved to his enemy's advantage: before Raraku could tell what was going on, his vision was blinded in light. He put his hands to his visual receptors, his eyes, but the light poured through the cracks and flooded his sight. Doing what any cornered animal would do, he flailed. The blades of his arms scraped across the surfaces of the plane, but there were no satisfying screams or the delicious squelch of flesh. The two spellcasters had gained an insurmountable advantage over him, and there was nothing he could do about it: he lacked the power to counter their spells with any of his own. The Phyrexian cursed silently. His body had always been weak in magic. That had always been his downfall. The massive spikes retracted into his back, almost leaving no trace of their existence: even his own clothing seemed to repair itself. Raraku focused the rest of his energy into his legs, and hurled himself toward the rooftops of Ravnica. He landed perfectly on the brittle tiles, as some of them crumbled and tumbled off the roof as he shifted his weight. From this distance, their spells had no effect. Almost instantly the Phyrexian's vision returned to him. Now, he could clearly see the two small figures looking back up at him, unable to reach him. A thought crossed his mind: he could escape now, and be done with them. But when I do... they will simply follow me... He quickly decided, that ridding himself of the organics would probably be the best thing to do. Raraku tensed his body: using the last of his strength, he forced his body to undergo one last metamorphosis. The metal underneath his skin shifted, forcing their way to the surface, interlocking themselves with the rest of the Phyrexian's body. His skin and hair practically disappeared: in a matter of moments, all that remained was a horrific, black monstrosity. No longer remained the peaceful form of a human. This was the form that was meant to take lives.

Raraku released one last roar before he launched himself at his assailants, ready to strip the flesh from their very bones.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 am

"Planar Disruption detected." Her visor slid down to shield her eyes from the wind. "Preparing to execute Law 640: Odin's writ of Mandamus concerning Demons."
She looked past the blue glass covering her visor and saw a white figure.

"Permission to subdue and place into natural realm?"

"Permission granted" The white figure vanished, dusted to the side by the wind. He wings opened and revealed a blue-white set of Plate armor and the shape of a woman's form. Her eyes snapped tot he side at the sight of a ferocious demon moving ever so slowly to a pair of planeswalkers.

"Remember, If you leave inverse plane, you cannot interact with it until you reach Valhalla's Border."

"Understood quartermaster. Valkyrie Gwendolyn Tatyana ready to serve!" She waved her hand in front of her and dispelled the planar walls. Suddenly everything began to move at "normal" speed.

She stood between the planeswalkers and the lunging demon with her shield at the ready.
"Under Code 640 of Odin's law, You are under arrest foul beast!"
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:52 am

Cram wrote:
"Planar Disruption detected." Her visor slid down to shield her eyes from the wind. "Preparing to execute Law 640: Odin's writ of Mandamus concerning Demons."
She looked past the blue glass covering her visor and saw a white figure.

"Permission to subdue and place into natural realm?"

"Permission granted" The white figure vanished, dusted to the side by the wind. He wings opened and revealed a blue-white set of Plate armor and the shape of a woman's form. Her eyes snapped tot he side at the sight of a ferocious demon moving ever so slowly to a pair of planeswalkers.

"Remember, If you leave inverse plane, you cannot interact with it until you reach Valhalla's Border."

"Understood quartermaster. Valkyrie Gwendolyn Tatyana ready to serve!" She waved her hand in front of her and dispelled the planar walls. Suddenly everything began to move at "normal" speed.

She stood between the planeswalkers and the lunging demon with her shield at the ready.
"Under Code 640 of Odin's law, You are under arrest foul beast!"

Everything in Raraku's vision was coated in a bloody shade of red. The primal side of the Phyrexian had taken over: now he only possessed limited rational thought. So when something quickly moved into his path of vision, and started making loud noises, instinctively he charged after that. He didn't even bother to listen: all he wanted to hear was the bloodcurdling death-moans of the organic in front of him. All he wanted to feel was the warm, red blood ooze down his fingertips as he tore it to shreds. Raraku smashed into the ground, sending rocks and debris flying in all directions. He let loose a vicious, mechanical roar, gouging the floor with his claws as he stared intently at the being standing before him. The organic directly in front of him held some form of weaponry, but more importantly, it was in his way. The Phyrexian roared again, and without a moment's notice, he hurled himself at the being, black claws flying first, eager to rip into the organic's flesh, and far too fast for any normal being to react to.

OOC: A nice, short post for you Cram.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:06 am

OOC: Remember. NO GOD-MODDING!!!!! Cram. I understand your character is powerful BUT, THAT IS THE VERY NATURE OF PLANESWALKERS. No matter how powerful your character may be, the three other Planeswalkers are also most likely just as strong. Only powerful beings can ever ignite the Planeswalker spark so all 4 people there whether they be Phyrexian, human, angelic, or elvish, are EXTREMELY POWERFUL. You remember that to Sickling. I'll do my best to try and remember that =P Oh yeah, one more thing. Gwendoly should only have been able to recognize one of my Planeswalkers. The other is completely undetectable through vision or magic. Also, Sickling, the spells weren't blinding spells, they were binding spells.

Things were just getting weirder and weirder. Apparently, the "sword" Shen blocked was actually the human's arm, but the human...didn't appear human. Both Lydia and Shen were both taken off guard by the multiple transformations of the person who was now an unrecognizable beast. It rushed forward seeking blood. "Ah! A Phyrexian!" Lydia shouted. "But this one is unlike any I have ever seen before!"

If things weren't odd enough, an angel with blue-white armor flew between them and the beast. Shouting something about Odin.

"What are you doing!?" Shen called out. "Are you trying to get killed?!"

Shen ran forward and hopped to the rooftops as he uttered some words under his panting. He ended with a loud call of a word and a beast appeared in front of him.

"GO!" Shen ordered. He knew his creature would be hurt, possibly killed, but he stood prepared to cast a spell. One he hopped would catch this "Phyrexian" off guard. As soon as his beast neared the "Phyrexian," he called out as loud as he could as he cast a spell.

"GIANT GROWTH!"

Meanwhile, Lydia moved silent and swift through the alleys while wearing her whispersilk cloak. She needed to remain invisible as she tried to move behind the Phyrexian. She cautiously climbed to a rooftop. She knew what Shen was about to do and she prepared her own spell. As Shen's beast approached the Phyrexian, she called out.

"LAST GASP!" Her spell flew forward toward her target at a high speed. As she cast it, her hood was blown off and she reappeared.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:12 am

OOC: Inverse plane is restricted only to planar police. The inverse plane causes the veiwer(s) to see in a slowed point of view, free of all magical barriers. (If she couldn't see through a disguise, what good is she?) Access is only allowed by a "Quartermaster" one such is in Valhalla. Also Gwen's power comes from her armor, not her own strength. If her armor is god armor, she gets granted Demi-God powers. [The weakness is in the wings btw.]

IC: "Tsk! Interlopers" She brought forth her lance and began to flap her wings. "You who choose to interfere with my duties shall face my Valkyrie Wrath!"

OOC: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOO
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:39 am

Raraku paid no attention to the "angel's" words as he continued to lunge at his target. Instinctively, he aimed for the extremities of highest mobility: the "angel's" wings. Like a predator subduing its prey, the Phyrexian was subtly aware, that without a means of movement, resistance of any kind, be it physical or magical, was mostly useless. Raraku could feel his claws clench the soft, delicate wings he was so eager to rip apart, when suddenly, something smashed into his body. The Phyrexian felt itself flying across the alleyway, before sinking its razor-sharp talons into the stone beneath it, halting any movement. The weakness spell, which Raraku had identified as a Last Gasp, had no effect upon his body. Spells of any type were utterly useless against his current form: only the most powerful of magical blows could even manage to scathe him. The black magic fizzled and dissipated weakly against its body, as the Phyrexian let loose another fearsome roar. With blood-red eyes, it noticed the huge shape lumbering directly towards itself. One of the magi had cast a growth spell on the beast it had just summoned.

But size meant nothing to the Phyrexian, for it knew that no matter how large or small an enemy was, there was always a weakness. And in the case of the larger ones, that weakness usually tended to be the feet. So Raraku hurled himself towards the giant's legs, ready to tear at the warm, messy flesh of the beast.

Last edited by .sickling. on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:20 am

OOC: Shen used the growth spell on a summoned creature, not himself
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:27 am

DarkLink3603 wrote:
OOC: Shen used the growth spell on a summoned creature, not himself

OOC: Didn't I say he did- Oh. Never mind. I'll fix that. XD
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:26 am

Lydia's spell hadn't done crud. The Phyrexian seemed to be immune to weakening spells. However, that wasn't all the spells Lydia knew.

Lydia put her hood back up and disappeared from sight. She had to move in closer. She ran from rooftop to rooftop, giving up stealth for speed. She knew if she jumped and ran then her cloak would billow and she would be partially visible. If she moved slowly though, it would take too long. She was going to try another binding spell. She hopped that if she used the right one, it would be able to subdue the creature to figure out why the hell a Phyrexian would be interested in Ravnica.

Shen's beast grew to large preportions from the spell and ran toward the Phyrexian. With one last burst of speed, it lunged forward. However, the Phyrexian struck first, went for the feet, and the beast was killed before making contact with the Phyrexian.

Shen stood struck with shock. His creature was struck down without so much as touching its foe. This "Phyrexian" as Lydia had called it, was extremely powerful. It would take more than a common beast to take it down. Just then, Shen saw what looked like a cloak flapping around but only for a split second. Lydia was planning something and Shen knew he had to stall.

Shen stowed away his bladespear and focused on casting another summoning spell. This one was meant to summon many creatures and Shen summoned twenty creatures to stall.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 am

"HAH, MERE MONSTERS? FOOLISH HUMAN, THEY CAN NEVER STOP ME, THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION." Raraku sneered. He even surprised himself: these were the first words that came out of the mouth of this form. In fact, he never knew he could even speak like this: and he was even more surprised that he was not the one speaking. There was something else controlling him, and this was the first time that this had happened. He couldn't stay like this, he'd have to change back, he'd have to-

The thought to kill reentered his mind like a foul creature. Raraku, weak in mind after sustaining this form for so long, tried very, very hard to suppress this feeling.

"I EXIST TO CEASE. I AM PERFECTION. I AM-" Then, suddenly, Raraku let out an agonized howl, like the feeling of his skin being peeled off: except he never had skin. The horrible form that the Phyrexian had assumed buckled into the floor, roaring painfully, like a dying beast. His flesh began to reassemble, the gears and ticks shifted into place. Within a matter of disturbing moments, Raraku was back into a perfectly normal-looking human, clothing, skin, and all.

"I-I-I am sorry..." Raraku stuttered, shivering in a mixture of what he thought to be fright and embarrassment. But he didn't know why he was embarrassed. Was this what it felt like, to be... human...? He didn't have any more time to ponder, as unconsciousness swept over him like a silent hawk. He collapsed into the floor with a soft thump.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:27 am

OOC: PERSONALITY SHIFT! She has now reverted back to her 11 year old state of mind

Her wings where slighlty scratced from the convits claws and she rubbed them tenderly. "Oooowww.... M-My wings...." She held the slightly raw wings with her hands and pulled them over herself. With a shed tear, she had remembered her mission and so she swept over to her target who had somehow turned from a flesh and possibly soul rending beast, to a harmless humanoid. She gave the moitionles body a few jabs with the butt of her spear. His leg twitched.

"So..he's not dead..." She let out a sigh of relief and proceeded to apply the would-be prisoner's chains. She took a small metal cuff, heavily engraved with runes and clamped it to his leg.

OOC: [Prisoner's Binding: Only the one who has applied the cuff could remove it, and so long as it existed, if the prisoner left the 30 yard radius of the one who applied said binding it would continue to tighten until it severed the limb completely.]

She held a deep blue crystal to her mouth and spoke softly into it. "Target: Aquired, requesting immediate inverse plane immersion. Status of Target: Unconsious"

A small, but deep and learned voice crackled out "Affirmative, proceed to the nearest obelisk and await further instruction"

OOC:[Inverse Obelisk: A landmark only visible to those who reside in the inverse plane, a sort of marker to help minimize collateral damage from ripping a hole through dimensions. Not an actual corporeal mnifestation, but still interactive.]
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:08 am

Lydia had prepared to attack the Phyrexian from the back but before she could, she noticed a massive change in personality. It seemed to have gone insane just then but immediately afterward began changing back to a human form. It collapsed on the floor after muttering an apology. She began to approach the Phyrexian but it passed out. As she stood over the thing, contemplating what to do next, the "angel" approached and began to attach something to its leg. She ran over to Shen.

"What should we do?"

Startled, Shen replied, "First of all, take that off. It freaks me out to hear a voice come from nowhere." As she took her hood off and reappeared, Shen spoke up again. "I truly don't know what that...Phyrexian was it? Anyway, I think we should help him. He didn't seem hostile after his shift."

Lydia nodded. "You approach and see what's happening. I've gotta go do something."

With that Lydia disappeared and ran off to find Lyncia. Lydia thought having her around would help.

Shen walked toward the "angel" cautiously. He put a hand up to keep his creatures back though. They were still all around.

"Excuse me angel, but what do you plan to do with that Phyrexian?" He held his weapon idly, but ready. Shen did not know much about this plane but could tell neither did the angel he stood behind. He was unsure of her reaction to his approach...
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 pm

"You didn't know?" She cocked her head to one side and sighed loudly. "I guess it can't be helped with you planeswalkers, always jumping dimensions and whatnot." She took out a piece of old paper with gilded letters on it.

On this, the seventeenth day of the crossing, it is so decided that all world shall be watched by a single entity. The rules shall apply to all, regardless of age, upbringing, gender, or race. These rules include terrorizing that which is innocent, desecration of holy artifacts or locations according to the respective worlds, the act of exposing that.....

Gwen crumpled the paper and put it back on her belt. "You wouldn't be able to read all of it anyway." She looked at the Phyrexian, still chained by the shackles and still unconscious." This thing falls under the jurisdiction of Odin, Law 640 to be exact. He's going to be locked inside an inverse plane prison for eternity, never seeing the sun again, starving to death, but ceasing to die. Basically, he's going to hell!" She wrapped the chain around her wrist and stretched her wings. "Why would you care anyhow? He tried to end your already short life!" A shocked look came upon her face and she promptly slammed her hand tight against her mouth. "You weren't supposed to hear that!"
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:04 am

Shen did not understand the language on the scrap of paper nor did he know what these "planeswalkers" were. Two things he did understand (albeit only a little) his life was supposedly short, perhaps this was a threat. Shen couldn't understand. Second, this angel meant to do harm to the Phyrexian, a harm undeserved by anyone. A man should not be tortured for all eternity for any reason.

Shen clutched his bladespear and his hands began to grow his he channeled the mana from his homeworld. The mana from the forest he knew so well flowed up, through the blind eternities, and to Shen on Ravnica, as he cast his spell. Two flashes of light next two him appeared then faded away to reveal to beasts as tall as he was with large muscles and strong bodies.

"I do not approve of your decision, angel," Shen spat, with venom in his words.

Meanwhile, at the Boros training academy, Lydia pulled her hood off and reappeared. She moved forward and appraoched her childhood friend, Lyncia. Lyncia spread her wings wide and flapped them with a surge of power, lifting her into the air before she flapped her wings again and lunged at a dummy target, striking it at blinding spped and causing it to fall to pieces.

"Lyncia, I need help wwith something and you are the only one who can help me with it."

Lyncia sheated her sword and approached Lydia. "Anything, you need just tell me where."

"You remember that place where we met, in the back alleys?"

"Yes."

"Good. Go there and I'll catch up."

With that, Lydia put her hood on and disappeared as Lyncia spread her wings and flew toward her target.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:04 am

"Well unfortunately, It isn't up to you, silly mortal."

She snapped her fingers and blue and white runes began to envelop your armor. "In your appropriate dimension, I'm a keeper of the peace, a warden of sorts." Her helmet began to shift to form a tight, fabric like substance around her face, and a blue glass like substance shielded the eye holes in her helmet.

Her wings spread and brilliantly glowed as more blue metal covered their edges and her spear started to glow white hot as a ribbon of runes wrapped around its hilt.

"If you intend to fight me, then, under subsection C of Law 12: Regarding the Authority of the Valkyries, I am placing you under arrest!"

OOC: Unless you plan on beating an inter planar police force member (AKA a demi-god) you need to find a different way to convince my character. Remember, her character profile holds the keys to your success AND she has no impact on the story other than this little part and another in the discernible future perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Blind Eternities   Lost in the Blind Eternities Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in the Blind Eternities
Page 1 of 1