Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NaNoWriMo thread!

Go down 
4 posters

Joining this year?
Yes
The NaNoWriMo thread! I_vote_lcap0%The NaNoWriMo thread! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
The NaNoWriMo thread! I_vote_lcap100%The NaNoWriMo thread! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Maybe
The NaNoWriMo thread! I_vote_lcap0%The NaNoWriMo thread! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-25

The NaNoWriMo thread! Empty
PostSubject: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:15 am

Okay, I realize I'm probably the only person that's doing (and failing D': ) this every year on this forum, but I had to try and spark some interest in it here. This is the semi-official National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) thread of this forum! -had nowhere else to put it- As the name so suggests, it's a month for writing novels. Being that it's still September, and NaNo doesn't start until November, I'll just let this be planning. Aaand now I realize that you people probably have no idea what all this nonsense I'm talking about is. I shall take the time to explain the basics!

NaNoWriMo is set in November where writers of all ages from all around the world make an effort to try and write a novel in a single month. The minimum word requirement is 50,000 (approx. 175 pages of writing). Writers participating in this are generally discouraged from writing any manuscript beforehand, but are allowed to plan. And yes, writing 50,000 words in a month is possible, though if you decide to join, you will probably fall behind schedule.

That's the basic gist of it, and if you're interested, you can find more information at the website. I believe it's at http://www.nanowrimo.org. Now, I've posted this thread up a good month before sign-ups even begin, but this gives time for planning and whatnot! I'll post up previous attempts or current attempts or interested people's progress here I suppose...even if I'm lonely at it right now...

VVO's Works and Progress
2007 - The Hunter and the Demon
Failed
48,751/50,000

2008 - Prisoner of War (PoW)
Failed
49,210/50,000

2009 - ????
undetermined
0/50,000.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 am

I can't do this. ._.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:57 am

Awww, don't say that. It's only...2000 or so words a day...
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 pm

NO
NO
NO

JUST NO
NOT NANOWRIMO

I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST MORE THAN THEIR SANITY OVER THIS YEAR AFTER YEAR

More than half that try never even finish anyway.

All I can say is, hell no, sorry. Normally I'd be giving "sure go for it!" support right now but Nanowrimo is where I draw the LINE.

The Line-->___________________________________________________________________________________________

Nanowrimo
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Those that lose their sanity are usually the ones that are 7k+ words behind schedule on a daily basis. Silly~:'3
That was me during freshman year, and look how close I got then!
Though it's true, more people lose their sanity over THIS than they do over Script Frenzy.
I wanna do a parody of fairy tales, but I need the "absolute laws" of some of the creatures. (e.g. a genie must grant three wishes to whomever frees it from the lamp it is imprisoned in for no apparent reason and leprechauns must, for some unknown reason, show whoever captures them to their pot of gold) before I can even start. -le sigh-
If I knew more on fairy tales, then this might actually be easier.
-going for a comedy book this year-
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:00 pm

7k behind on daily basis? yus, quite a few people in other words

It is do-able, I've heard of a few people who have finished, but they were never sane from the start *awesome face*

still, just in general I most likely won't do this (it takes up quite a bit of time anyway)

Script Frenzy I don't draw the line on, it's not as insane as this. Or nearly really.

for ideas, sorry, I'm no good ._.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Actually, Script Frenzy is still pretty bad.
Working with only speech and certain important actions is pretty hard. -barely passed this year-
110 pages at around 11:47 PM on the last day of April. xD -epic win-
BUT REGARDLESS.
If anyone has any random laws of fairy tale creatures of [i]any[/] culture, I would really like to hear them!
I really, really need them!
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 am

I don't write stories. They are too cliche.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 am

Drag3ndz wrote:
I don't write stories. They are too cliche.

Of course they are. That's why you created Void.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:02 am

There's no such thing as complete originality as it is now anyways. If you think of it, it's been done by someone, somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 am

VVO-The obsessor wrote:
There's no such thing as complete originality as it is now anyways. If you think of it, it's been done by someone, somewhere else.

which is pretty Drag4ndz's point

anyway, I'm seeing 4 "no" votes

not big surprise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NaNoWriMo thread!   The NaNoWriMo thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The NaNoWriMo thread!
Page 1 of 1