Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Stepmania Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

The Stepmania Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Stepmania Thread   The Stepmania Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:20 am

For those of you who don't know, Stepmania is an "Advanced Rhythm Game" for the PC. Basically, it's DDR on the computer. You know what DDR is, right?

But, before you start laughing (oh, ho... too late?), it's easier said than done. Arrow charts on Stepmania far outrank and outpace any song on pad. Stepmania, however, can be played with a pad: if you have USB support, though.

Interested? Download the game here: http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Downloads

The game itself doesn't include music. You'll have to scour the internet yourself for songs. When I find out how, I'll host song files I've made myself on this thread.

TUTORIAL:

The premise is simple: simply press the arrow keys with the corresponding arrow on the screen as it overlaps the four dark arrows at the top (or bottom) of the screen.

Figuring out how to place your fingers on the keys can be difficult: but it's mostly up to you to figure out your style. Using one hand or both hands are both acceptable: however: using both hands can tackle more complicated and faster notes at the cost of a little more coordination.

INSTALLING A SONG: Download a song from the internet, then grab the folder that remains on your desktop. Open up the Open Stepmania Program Folder (it should be in the Start Menu), go to Songs, and place the song folder into a folder. It should appear the next time you start it up.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. Try to enjoy the game. >_>
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Stepmania Thread   The Stepmania Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:43 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Stepmania Thread   The Stepmania Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 am

oh yeah, that reminds me I need to restart my simfile for Severing the Chains of Fate (stupid laptop >.<)
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: The Stepmania Thread   The Stepmania Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Metal Mario Battle is almost finished... I'm going to try and host it here, if it's even possible.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Stepmania Thread   The Stepmania Thread EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:46 am

.sickling. wrote:
Metal Mario Battle is almost finished... I'm going to try and host it here, if it's even possible.

I doubt it, I can host somewhere else and put a link but, eh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stepmania Thread   The Stepmania Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stepmania Thread
Page 1 of 1