Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Children's Card Game Thread

Go down 
+4
Kudo
Drag3ndz
Cram
.sickling.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

The Children's Card Game Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 1:10 am

The name says it all.

Review or rant about a card here, and nobody will bash you for it (probably).

The Children's Card Game Thread TragoediaJUMP-EN-UR-LE

This card's artwork actually is a little bit creepy...but his effects aren't half-bad. He's like a Slifer the Executive Producer, in a way, but he can alter his own level for those silly Synchro Summons and mind-control other monsters. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:18 am

i`m gonna say it now...

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 3:19 pm

As good as this card is, (Is this fake?) you probably took obsession to the next level. XD
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:31 pm

something tells me this would be for your DarkWorld Deck to discard a monster, take control of your opponents, and special summon the one you discarded for absolute rapage all in one turn, I dislike the catch with the fact you need cards in your hand to do so, generally means you need at least 4 cards in your hand during your opponents turn to be effective against a decent deck (try playing with crap like Enraged Muka Muka, I've tried, it died, nuff said, and no I don't have it anymore)

also, I notice it doesn't include "This card cannot be normal summoned or set" meaning you CAN still normal summon it to avoid stuff that disables Special Summons, but that seems unlikely for the need to sacrifice crap to do so, It's like Gorz's effect with Effect Damage

while we're still here, we can talk about this card, and since you brought it up earlier...

The Children's Card Game Thread EarthboundImmortalCcapacApuRGBT-EN-UR-1EThe Children's Card Game Thread 279288y
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Kudo wrote:
something tells me this would be for your DarkWorld Deck to discard a monster, take control of your opponents, and special summon the one you discarded for absolute rapage all in one turn, I dislike the catch with the fact you need cards in your hand to do so, generally means you need at least 4 cards in your hand during your opponents turn to be effective against a decent deck (try playing with crap like Enraged Muka Muka, I've tried, it died, nuff said, and no I don't have it anymore)

also, I notice it doesn't include "This card cannot be normal summoned or set" meaning you CAN still normal summon it to avoid stuff that disables Special Summons, but that seems unlikely for the need to sacrifice crap to do so, It's like Gorz's effect with Effect Damage

No, this card does not work with Dark World, because Dark World monsters do not get their effects if they are discarded through a cost. Costs happen BEFORE the effect.

Ccapac Apu is a terrible card. He can attack directly, and his other effect is useless because he CAN attack directly. Why burn the opponent when you can knuckle sandwich them for 3000 damage?
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 pm

and you can destroy the field spell card to take him out instantly

and since it doesn't work with Dark World, then it's control effect seems a bit less probable thanks to the star matching situation (your opponent will most likely have stuff face-down which at the time cannot count as any star level for controlling)

the star altering is good for syncro alone (ritual summons allow the stars to be over so using the original number of stars is usually more than enough)

as for Ccapac Apu, there are indeed too many side effects to the card (just summoning it for starters, the need for a field spell card) otherwise 3000 (+some from the field spell card) is a nice kick for direct damage, your opponent being able to summon something stronger than it is somewhat small making the effect that you can't attack it a nice addition, but just slightly uneeded, in the situation he is on the field, you're good to go for around a turn or two (which is a bit more than enough sometimes, but it only takes one speed 2 card to take out the field spell card for the easiest removal) mabye less if your opponent has Sakaretsu or Mirror Force

otherwise, now we search for other cards to executive produce the crap out of
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 am

Now... time for one of my all-time favorite cards... you should recognize this beast.

The Children's Card Game Thread ArmedDragonLV7SD1-EN-ScR

Now, Armed Dragon LV7 is quite a powerful card, boasting a rather high 2800 ATK but pitiful 1000 DEF (his DEF shrunk since his last form? lol). He probably won't be destroyed by battle. His other effect is quite useful for wiping out any DEF monsters that might be in your way: Scapegoats are simply blown up. However, that's where the goodies end. He's a tad bit difficult to summon, since you have to jump through a few hoops (LV3's survival, and LV5's having to kill a monster) and he's essentially a dead weight in your hand since you can't Tribute for him. The 400 ATK boost doesn't make a whole lot of difference when you're going in for the kill, but it's nice because it overpowers a lot of things in between the 2400-2800 ATK gap.

All in all, LV7 isn't a bad card.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 am

i say the cards i hate most are those overpowered overrated new cards. old school ftw.
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:52 am

kiki.i wrote:
i say the cards i hate most are those overpowered overrated new cards. old school ftw.

The Children's Card Game Thread RelinquishedMC1-EN-ScR

It's a blast-from-the-past! It's not a bird, it's not a plane... it's... some really weird looking thing?

IT'S RELINQUISHED!!!

Now, since he's so old-school, nobody will see him coming. For a Ritual, this guy isn't that bad, even by today's standards. He's also one of the lowest star Ritual monsters, making him really easy to play (although it will cost you 3 cards overall, Relinquished, the Ritual, and the monster). Once he comes into play, you're nearly guaranteed a snatch of one of your opponent's monsters, thanks to his 0/0 stats (that lets him slip under Trap Hole, Bottomless Trap Hole, etc.) His monster-snatching effect is quite powerful too, as it costs your opponent field presence at the same time. Sadly, Relinquished is still vulnerable to monster removal, such as Sakuretsu Armor or Fissure, since he only equips the monster to himself, unlike the anime (where the absorbed monster takes everything). Then again, most monsters are, aren't they? We can't hold that against our strange-looking old friend.

Relinquished can catch a lot of people off guard, and he isn't half-bad.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:16 am

hate to go off topic, but darn it, that's the 2nd time today I've put down a full post in this thread and something else happens which involves it being erased completely (I had a whole thing on Armored Dragon Lvl 7 and Master Dragon Knight)

So I'll keep it short, the difficulty of summoning it is seems to be the only way it's legal in tournaments (there were days this card was banned because of the monster control) now they only have it's counterpart, Thousand-Eyes Restrict banned.

enough on the tournament banned cards. I've seen a very surprisingly small number of people ever use this card, so I don't know how helpful it could truly be but a free monster snatch (best if you're ritual summoning this from your hand) is almost always worth it to get of something incredibly annoying. One of those cards I just happen to have on the side. Refresh my memory, didn't Kiki have this in her deck?
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:45 am

i USED to have it until SOMEONE STOLE IT!

i had left my deck in the room over the weekend, and someone decided to "TRADE" relinquished (sp), its ritual, AND EFF-ING POT OF EFF-ING GREED ~!!

for one sangan.

I DEMAND MY CARDS BACK! I DON'T CARE WHO TOOK THEM I WILL BEAT THE EFF-ING DAYLIGHTS OUTTA THEM IF I FIND THEM!

good gods. you know i'm eff-ing mad when i start cussing.

anyone got some spare pot of greeds/relinquished?

i want my cards back NOW.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 am

okay
you aren't cussing, so you must not be mad...
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 am

Cram wrote:
okay

Anyway, onto reviewing [bashing] another card!

The Children's Card Game Thread BlackLusterSoldierSYE-EN-UR

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER

Sorry, this is a terrible card, all in all. You're giving up 3 cards to summon a monster that has only 3000 ATK. No special effects added. Just a 3000 ATK body. Now, seriously, I could think of many different and better ways to spend 3 cards. And this little guy can be killed by a single Sakuretsu or Smashing Ground or Fissure. Hate to see all that hard work go to waste, huh? Well, it's going to happen pretty often.

Put it plainly, this guy sucks. Bad.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Now you're bashing? Wow, this is kinda mind blowing.

Black Luster Soldier is one of the earlier cards before Yu-Gi-Oh! got even more powerful cards. Eventually, cards will be outdated and overpowered by more cards to take its place. However, most cards are special due to fusion summons or special summons. Look at Master Dragon Knight.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 pm

well, apparantly you lied when you said the review wasn't bad then, only to be expected
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:

Black Luster Soldier is one of the earlier cards before Yu-Gi-Oh! got even more powerful cards. Eventually, cards will be outdated and overpowered by more cards to take its place. However, most cards are special due to fusion summons or special summons. Look at Master Dragon Knight.

Rituals suck, in general. It's not worth the effort and resources to put them into play. I know Black Luster Soldier is one of the older cards, and he got to "keep up with the Joneses" by getting an overpowered version of himself, "Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning."
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:19 pm

.sickling. wrote:
Drag3ndz wrote:

Rituals suck, in general. It's not worth the effort and resources to put them into play. I know Black Luster Soldier is one of the older cards, and he got to "keep up with the Joneses" by getting an overpowered version of himself, "Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning."

mostly because of the newer (cheaper) Syncro cards, sadly it gets to be more and more new school that it can turn into a completely different game

let's take a few examples, Lightsworn, changes the game into a race to beatdown or play Judgement dragon...before you deck out
while the opponent, mearly tries to survive while using entirely different means of other cards, measily mirror force is peanuts to a rappage of special summons each and every turn

These days, you'll never find the old one on one with people's own custom decks, like mine, made not out of theme or specific usage.

Set decks remind me too much of the cookie cutter team monsters from Lost Magic anyway (specific monster formations that are very efficient and can beat a good majority of the average teams)
Do you know what happened there? We gave up monsters completely and played on pure spell duels.

IMO, a lot of theses sort of things are better off with the originals
(another example is pokemon)
[/rant]
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Kudo wrote:
.sickling. wrote:
Drag3ndz wrote:

mostly because of the newer (cheaper) Syncro cards, sadly it gets to be more and more new school that it can turn into a completely different game

let's take a few examples, Lightsworn, changes the game into a race to beatdown or play Judgement dragon...before you deck out
while the opponent, mearly tries to survive while using entirely different means of other cards, measily mirror force is peanuts to a rappage of special summons each and every turn

These days, you'll never find the old one on one with people's own custom decks, like mine, made not out of theme or specific usage.

Set decks remind me too much of the cookie cutter team monsters from Lost Magic anyway (specific monster formations that are very efficient and can beat a good majority of the average teams)
Do you know what happened there? We gave up monsters completely and played on pure spell duels.

[/rant]

Mirror Force does not work against Lightsworns because the Lightsworn player can pay 1000 Life Points with Judgment Dragon to nuke the field, then attack directly. Lightsworns are so powerful mainly because of that one card.

There are almost no effect Ritual monsters. That, and because Synchros are so much easier to Summon, are why Synchro dominate.

Oh, so you like an endless beatdown of effectless monster cards, with practically no Spells or Traps? Because that's what Yu-Gi-Oh was like before all the "new crap." I personally like Yu-Gi-Oh more now, than back in the old times. And, no, Duels are more based on Effect Monsters than Spells now. Any duelist can tell you that. There's always been an emphasis on monsters.

People still duel with custom decks all the time. Just because Lightsworn is #1 doesn't mean you can kick its butt with some custom deck you constructed. And no, not because of luck.

Pokemon was not better a long time ago. -cough- Storywise, yes. Gameplay, no.

Again, onto reviewing another card.

The Children's Card Game Thread MonsterRebornHL07-EN-UPR-UE

MONSTER REBORN

THE most splashable (meaning you can throw it into a random deck) card in THE ENTIRE GAME. It is a free monster. Who doesn't love that? Whoever says no is an absolute idiot and needs to get their head checked. If you play Yu-Gi-Oh, you play this card. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:03 am

As a matter a fact, the only time you DON'T play it is in a tournament when it's banned (in which case you play Call of the Haunted or Premature Burial, depends on which one ISN'T banned at the time)

BUT there seriously is way too little else to say about this card, it's self explanitory, really. NEXT

The Children's Card Game Thread File:MagicalThornTP5-EN-SR-UE

I'm pulling these cards out at random btw, this is a card I don't have but eh, it's something.

Well, 500 IS a good amount PER discarded card, try using with card destruction or other stuff that makes your opponent discard crap, also it doesn't mention from where it has to be discarded from, robbin goblin if you're using this (and hopefully you are) with a burn deck of some sort, otherwise, I most likely wouldn't really use this card, because 16 cards is a lot (I guess it would prove good for around a turn against lightsworn, but then an effect comes in bashing it out, so forget it)

remember that I put down IMO in my last post, meaning it's not a fact they were better originally, but it's also not a fact they're better now, simply I personally perfer the old games, and the older cards.

that and I'm just one of those people who finds repeats a bother...
Zigzagoon and Bidoof, Starly and Pidgey, Dark Magician of Black Chaos and Dark Magician of Chaos

Monster effects are perfectly fine, they were how the were supposed to be, no, the point I was making back on custom decks are that these days cards just seem to be made more specific to other specific (sorta like Level ups, blackwing, even zombies made specifically to be together) not quite beatdown, magic and trap cards such as Sakeretsu, Dimensional Fissure, Bottemless Trap Hole, Smashing Ground, and stuff like that are fine, made for any deck. Hell even type specific like Masked Dragon is fine. I'm thinking more stuff like Red-Eyes Black Chick, Horus Servant (these are just ones i can think of on the top of my head) that just center the deck more to certain cards than other that...push you almost to get similar cards to make it work better and such
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:41 am

Kudo wrote:
.sickling. wrote:
Drag3ndz wrote:

[/rant]

eh- hem, WAS THAT EVEN ENGLISH?
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:36 am

NOW then, since my LAST post on this card mysteriously disappeared, I have to do this review all over again, but first, we'll do another one

The Children's Card Game Thread Gb7-001
Five-God Dragon [F.G.D.] Crazy attack power, AND only Light monsters can actually battle it...this card is very easy to summon (for a Dragon deck only) Dragon's Mirror as I'm pretty sure the only people reading this that care know. This card can really throw your opponent off, turn the duel around, and win in a dark situation FAST. (actually I've only had that expierience from pulling Master of Dragon Knight out, but that's just a little later) overall, 6 cards needed is normally a bad thing, since 5 are oh so easy to setup when you want, they hardly count. Any Dragon deck late in the duel should be able to pull this out of nowhere and watch their opponent crap in their pants. Sadly it has the weaknessess as any othe rmonster. Pull out a smashing ground and there's little chance of survival (fissure if it's the only thing out, sakeretsu, mirror force, bottemless, torrental tribute, night assailant, man-eater, etc.) But still, you will almost NEVER have to worry about this guy dying from battle, there are very few things capable of doing that (Gorz's token IS light [then again, that means you took a 5000 to the face meaning you've most likely LOST already], united we stand with something decent, and then this next card, being the least possible of ever facing)

So here it is
The Children's Card Game Thread DragonMasterKnightUE02-EN-UR-LE

Ah, the all mighty Master Dragon Knight, my favorite card since I started playing this game. With pretty much the strongest raw power in the game tied with F.G.D.

Alright, let's get real. Summoning this thing instantly shoves this thing into something you use only, and I mean ONLY for show (like me). It takes...3 to TEN cards to summon this thing, TEN that's nearly a quarter of your deck! (two of em are in your fusion deck so that's why it isn't the full quarter). Just to summon it how it was planned would take the ENTIRE deck based on bringing it out. We're talking Kaiser Sea Horses, Kaibaman, King of the Swamps galore. That deck isn't getting anywhere soon. Really, if you're going to try to summon something like this, just get F.G.D. pronto. And even when you DO get it on the field. It's suspectible to anything (see the list I put in F.G.D.s review, all of em apply for this card too)...except battle, I mean even against F.G.D., this is normally the card ATTACKING for the suicidal victory (I have destroyed exactly: 1 F.G.D. by battle thanks to this card) in the 3 card it IS slightly more probable, but you'd most likely want to throw in an extra king of the swamp. Even then it's not quite easy. You need all 3 of those cards in your hand at the same time. It's very easy for them to get scattered throughout the deck (and tossing King of the Swamp for Polymerization isn't quite going to help, hence how a second king of the swamp could be helpful) and you also need Black Luster Soldier which I think was already gone over as crap earlier. And if you're going to put that in your deck, you MIGHT as well put in the ritual (so it's just a LITTLE less of a dead draw, while raising your dead draws by 1...woo-hoo...)

Actually, the only line of defence you can say about this card are these two points:
1.) It's INSANE amount of Attack&Defence
2.) How many times it's gotten me out of trouble in a duel (around 3...One F.G.D., one Gorz, one absolute rappage [the guy tried Gorz too but he already ran out of lifepoints] crazy shiz there, oh wait, also once against that guy in the library, and I can't remember if it's helped against .sickling. in a duel, w/e) the other times it gets taken out in a turn by easy measures (as the easiest example, the first time I ever played this card, it attacked Wall of ilussions, how's that for luck?)

So there you are, not much left to be said about either of these cards. I'm done for the day on Children's Card Games @_@.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:13 am

The Children's Card Game Thread CyberValleyPTDN-EN-SR

CYBER VALLEY

One of the newer Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Some of you might notice the striking resemblance to Cyber Dragon. If so, you are correct, this little (well, not so little) guy is part of the Cyber family. Let's take a closer look:

He has terrible stats. 0 ATK and 0 DEF make it tied for weakest monster with Thousand-Eyes Idol. However, it's the effect that usually makes or breaks a card. As with Cyber Valley, it nearly breaks it.

Let's see his first effect:
● When this card is selected as an attack target by an opponent's monster you can remove this card from play to draw 1 card and end the Battle Phase.
Incredible effect. Basically, this guy cannot be destroyed by battle. And if your opponent attacks him, you get a free card and your opponent can't attack you with any more of their monsters (if they had any).

Let's go on to the second effect:

● You can remove from play this card and 1 face-up monster you control and draw 2 cards.
When you see this first, it might not seem so great. You're losing this guy and a monster just to draw two cards, giving your opponent an advantage. However, it requires a few extra cards to make it worth it, but you probably won't care so I won't go into it.

Third effect:
● You can remove from play this card and 1 card from your hand, and place 1 card from your Graveyard on top of your Deck.
For the most part, useless, but you can pitch this guy and a card in your hand to get a card that will win the Duel.

Cyber Valley is basically an amazing card. You just might not like him because he's 2 years old.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:37 am

the 1st and 3rd effect are nice, seeing how it avoids one turn of attacking isn't half bad either, excellent stalling with the free draw there, since it's one of those cards you can throw anywhere, I actually like this card compared to a lot of the new cards

Now then, NEXT, this next card I shall pull out of random, if it's a shitty card, don't blame me

The Children's Card Game Thread InstantFusionCP07-EN-C-UE

oh wow, this card isn't good at all. Seriously, if it's a one turn thing, you shouldn't be paying 1000 life points, and it has to be 5 star or lower, you get shitty fusions there (except the banned Thousand-Eyes Restrict)

I'd recommend Magical Scientist instead if it weren't banned too. There are better cards for this sort of thing (can't think of many others at the top of my head). That is all.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Cram wrote:
okay

cram, as far as i am concerned, that was cussing.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:30 am

Ok, no random card thing again...(comment on Instant Fusion if you still wish too)

Instead, we shall review this

The Children's Card Game Thread CrushCardVirusGLD1-EN-GUR-LE

Get it to work (sack a sangan on the field), and large majority of your opponents will be screwed those three turns. Whats more is that it's not the easiest card to counter at all. Sure, a Seven-tools will save your butt from this menace, but picture the moment you DON'T have this card to save you (it is only too easy to use it on something earlier, the chances are very very slim)

3 turns is killer, three turns of open offense, if faced with the effects of this card, the basic protection will still be good enough (by that I am referring to the cards which are easy to gain for basic duel protection, here's a mini list eh?: Waboku [1 turn], Swords of Revealing Light [3 turns, just as long as the crush card], Sakeretsu [do we even need an explanation?], Threatening Roar, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow [always a help], etc. I don't put down stuff like Mirror Force because that one isn't quite as common, regardless of it being one of the earliest cards out there) If you're lucky enough you'll get all your weak cards anyway (man-eater bug, yomi ship, blah blah blah)

Although if you're still looking for ways to just avoid this menace altogether, stuff like Prime Material Dragon (with the addition to being anti-burn, oh you already know that, you have the card after all .sickling.) Or the practically cheap Stardust Dragon we used to see Drag3ndz use a while ago

eh, you guys talk about cards for awhile, I don't know, perhaps I'm just losing interest
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:39 am

Kudo wrote:
Ok, no random card thing again...(comment on Instant Fusion if you still wish too)

Instead, we shall review this

The Children's Card Game Thread CrushCardVirusGLD1-EN-GUR-LE

Get it to work (sack a sangan on the field), and large majority of your opponents will be screwed those three turns. Whats more is that it's not the easiest card to counter at all. Sure, a Seven-tools will save your butt from this menace, but picture the moment you DON'T have this card to save you (it is only too easy to use it on something earlier, the chances are very very slim)

3 turns is killer, three turns of open offense, if faced with the effects of this card, the basic protection will still be good enough (by that I am referring to the cards which are easy to gain for basic duel protection, here's a mini list eh?: Waboku [1 turn], Swords of Revealing Light [3 turns, just as long as the crush card], Sakeretsu [do we even need an explanation?], Threatening Roar, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow [always a help], etc. I don't put down stuff like Mirror Force because that one isn't quite as common, regardless of it being one of the earliest cards out there) If you're lucky enough you'll get all your weak cards anyway (man-eater bug, yomi ship, blah blah blah)

Although if you're still looking for ways to just avoid this menace altogether, stuff like Prime Material Dragon (with the addition to being anti-burn, oh you already know that, you have the card after all .sickling.) Or the practically cheap Stardust Dragon we used to see Drag3ndz use a while ago

eh, you guys talk about cards for awhile, I don't know, perhaps I'm just losing interest

Stardust Dragon and Prime Material Dragon DO NOT protect you from this terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE monstrosity of a card. Well, if they're on the field first, then they WILL protect you. If Prime Material is in your hand, say goodbye...

It's so similar: this card has the destructive power of the Rage virus... instead it infects your cards. -sends chills down spine-

The Children's Card Game Thread DeckDevastationVirusCP05-EN-R

DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS

Crush Card Virus's little brother, who's less destructive, virulent, and most of all, CHEAPER (pricewise) than its older sibling.

This little tendrilly beast is going to destroy less cards than CCV (Crush Card Virus), but you get 3 turns of looking at an opponent's hand and Set monsters. It's going to pick off little buggers like Sangan and the such, but that's not the point. This is a scouting card. The cost is a little bit heavier, but that's what you get for being a little brother...
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:15 am

Well, naturally I am referring to them on the field (Stardust dragon is doing nothing while in your EXTRA DECK)

yes, Deck Devastation Virus is much easier to get your hands on, but even for scouting that long, the fact it has to be Dark Monster you're tributing could be a problem, since it will only do what CCV will not, the cards destroyed by this are peanuts. That's how it is when it's a cheaper card (in price)

not much else to say really *yawns*
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:42 am

The Children's Card Game Thread Exds_latios

Go Latios! Wait... wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Pikachu wrote:

Go Latios! Wait... wrong thread.

well, It DOES just say Children's Card Games..

I'll say it now, this card sucks, it's normal attack doing only 20 damage is pathetic (a rattata can do that damage with only ONE energy card attached)

and it's special requires TWO unique energy cards, making it highly improbable, and it's weak against NORMAL TYPE? That has fail written all over it. The only thing good about it is it's OK HP and double resistance, retreat cost is nothing since most would just use switch.

It'd end up raping this with a Kangaskhan (4 of ANY energy cards to do comet punch, out of 4 flips, It'd only need two heads to OHKO this thing thanks to it's weakness, hell, even a RATTATA can kill this bitch in two moves, with only ONE energy card)

And Delta Aura doesn't do much either. The chance of also having Latias is quite slim, and we already went over how Psychic Force SUCKS (if they HAVE a Stage 2 Card out, it's most likely already killed this card before the attack can even be used, if you DO somehow get both energies on it, and one-three extra of anything)

Sorry, pikachu, I know you put it up as a joke, but this review was bound to happen anyway

Also seeing how out of my boredom I found the average balanced deck to be better than the rest of the type themed ones (yes, I made 7 pokemon decks of 60 cards each, missing only a dark, steel, and new gen deck, which I DON'T plan on ever making)

ANYWAY, that's my review for this post, NEXT

The Children's Card Game Thread JudgmentDragonLODT-EN-ScR-1E
Judgement Dragon, quite litterally the trumph card of a Lightsworn deck, sometimes the duel for someone with this sort of deck is PURELY based on getting this card onto the field (not that deck doesn't do a good enough job destroying cards on your side of the field at random)
Bottemless Trap Hole it, or be screwed. Just be happy this card doesn't ruin the stuff in your HAND (Chaos Emperor Dragon- Envoy of the End)
We can be slightly thankful this card is semi-limited (or at least WAS, looking for that tournament site that had the most updated one)

No, your best hope is to wish that the cards send directly to the graveyard will include your opponents precious Judgement Dragon (which should happen pretty often, 4 to the graveyard to one draw per turn is highly against their odds) Sure, smashing ground, fissure and stuff like that will do well here, but you'll already have taken a whooping 3000 to the face before hand, Gorz can also help, but again, you still do take the damage before summoning him. Sakeretsu, Mirror Force, and even things such as Shadow Spell are out of the picture against this card (Waboku can still do a one turn save however, Threatening Roar too) And it may not be just Judgement Dragon, after the effect your opponent may still do a normal summon to wipe a just a bit more in your face. Just be happy you won't see TOO many people with Lightsworn decks (Because they're so DAMN EXPENSIVE, this card alone is over a $100 bucks for cryin out loud, sometimes $150+ sometimes $200+, you're better off seeing this card used more in a DS game, honestly)

I can only say these things because I've only dueled against a Lightsworn Deck ONCE (yes, your friend John C.) naturally I lost but when I saw the cards discarded, besides that thing that automatically special summons from that, I can't say I didn't hear him swear when Judgement Dragon was tipped into the graveyard

My advice: IF you have one, Torrental Tribute is a life saver against this deck, just anything to wipe the field before this card can (lightning vortex anyone?). If you're someone with a deck like mine, just get some good crap that can NEGATE SPECIAL SUMMONS (the only reason I keep Jowgen for lack of a better card, then again, such cards can be effective against very many decks, old gen or new gen, just that they normally work against you as well) Beware facing this monstrosity...
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:15 pm

The Children's Card Game Thread MirrorWallDB1-EN-C

MIRROR WALL

Shrink, in Continuous Trap form. This bugger has one of the most DEVASTATING effects of any Trap card. It halves the ATK of all your opponent's monsters whenever they attack. If you don't have an idea of how powerful that is, take this for example.

Man-Eating Treasure Chest (1600 ATK) can take down a Blue-Eyes White Dragon with this in effect.

The only problem with this card is that it's a Trap, and that the cost is huge. The biggest in the game, in fact. 2000 Life Points per Standby Phase is nothing to sneeze at.

Now, you old-timers don't have the "it's a new card" excuse, this card's been out since the 3rd booster pack. There are a lot of good reasons to use this card.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:07 pm

No, this card is rather old, and is absolutely perfect for a one turn deal, after your opponent has declared an attack.

The problem being that most of the time they won't attack with anything else the rest of the turn (if you have something on the field you're protecting with this). The cost is simply too huge, even Life-Absorbing Machine only makes it only ok for a POSSIBLE 2nd turn. There are little things worth paying that many life points to keep/use, and normally, they're done for the OHKO (Cyber Stein anyone?) Only thing is that being a trap, trap jammer can take it out.

Of course, you could just use Shrink if they only have one monster, Trap Jammer can't do crap to that.
Or you can be risky with the easier to keep Fairy Box, because a monster attacking with 0 ATK power is bound to be in trouble (these days people hate having to deal with chance which is why you won't see a Fairy Box in people's decks that often these days)
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:04 am

i wanna put Magic stuff here but almost no one here would know or care about them
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:08 am

DarkLink3603 wrote:
i wanna put Magic stuff here but almost no one here would know or care about them

I WOULD. >:O
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:59 am

some rule changes to MTG (Magic: The Gathering)

1 Mana-burn is out: both good and bad for diferent reasons and i'm not taking a half hour to explain
2 defenders must block in order and attacker then must assign lethal damage before moveing onto next
3 damage doesn't go on the stack
4 LIFELINK NO LONGER STACKS!! *sob* the days of getting 21 life from dealing 7 damage are gone and that now greatly lowers the Battlegrace Angel+Finest Hour combo

If a remember any more i'll add it
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 am

DarkLink3603 wrote:
some rule changes to MTG (Magic: The Gathering)

1 Mana-burn is out: both good and bad for diferent reasons and i'm not taking a half hour to explain
2 defenders must block in order and attacker then must assign lethal damage before moveing onto next
3 damage doesn't go on the stack
4 LIFELINK NO LONGER STACKS!! *sob* the days of getting 21 life from dealing 7 damage are gone and that now greatly lowers the Battlegrace Angel+Finest Hour combo

If a remember any more i'll add it

Greatest Life gain card in Magic ever:

Granny's Revenge
1B
Instant
You gain Life equal to your age.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

oh yeah HAHA. it pays to be a senior citizen.

too bad that card can't be used in tournaments =P
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

The Children's Card Game Thread PhoenixWingWindBlastGLD2-EN-GUR-LE

Remember how annoying Back to Square One was? Well, now it's back.

In TRAP FORM. Not only does this affect monsters, it can target Spells and Traps too. The discard is hardly a cost for such power this card holds. This adds a whole new meaning to annoyance, using this successfully means your opponent just lost a precious draw. This little card is a freaking demon.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:32 am

oh, i have back to square one! Very Happy

tribute to the doom (no pic available, unless a moderator would (in spare time) put one in for me, but it doesn't matter to me Very Happy ) can completley change the duel around. i remember using it to defeat someone's blue eyes, after that it was obvious that i'd win the duel. and i was completley (sp) dying the first half, then i kicked butt the second half. b/c of tribute to the doom...

the most annoying cards are cards that can totally turn the duel around, huh...? ^^;
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 am

The Children's Card Game Thread TributetoTheDoomed5DS2-EN-C-1E

By the way, there is a superior version to this card, with almost the same name:

The Children's Card Game Thread OfferingstotheDoomedGLD1-EN-C-LE

Actually, you can even use this:

The Children's Card Game Thread SmashingGround5DS1-EN-C-1E

^ That's the new Fissure.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:27 pm

*has Offering to the Doomed*

superior my butt, Offering to the Doomed has to be a face up monster, it's only advantages are that you don't "lose" a card and it's quickplay (not that Magic Jammer still can't take it out like any other magic/spell...except spiritualism) one turn of no draw can be worse than you think (Yata-Garasu Effect anyone?) Stalls you from doing anything if you are at a lack of a decent hand, only good if you have something like pot of avarice to back you up next turn

Tribute to the Doom can be anything, cons are that it's not fast and you do need to discard something (and dropping a card from your hand can be rather helpful for plenty of things, since you get to choose, night assaliant is one of the weaker examples to this, and only seems to be helpful is a relatively old fashion deck where flips are killer...like mine)

smashing ground is just one of today's staples (in the exact same way as fissure) any deck, anywhere, one free kill is always worth the card (I mean, it has no cost, what more could you want? facedowns? There's Nobleman of Crossout for that anyway) even if it has to be faceup, who cares? No cost
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 am

1st: i decided to go mono black for once. none of my magic decks have had black as a main color so i got a black deck and im gonna work on it. .sickling. im still gonna help you get a deck!

2nd: i got a few of those "Yugi" booster pack thingies and i got a buster blader, another dark magician, a dark magician girl, and a few other cards. .sickling. could you help me with my spellcaster deck? i might wanna make it a dark magician deck
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:14 am

LOLDARKMAGICIANFAMILY.
-is pretty sure only sickling would know why that entertains me-
xDDD
I want a Dark Magician Girl. D':
She's sho cute. >_<
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:42 pm

I GOT ONE!!
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:26 am

Sorry, Dark Magician Girl is mostly trade bait... it's useless unless you have a card called Sage's Stone, which is a $10 video game promo card...
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:42 am

awwwwwwwwwwww
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:59 am

D.D. Assailant
The Children's Card Game Thread DDAssailantSDDE-EN-C-1E

Believe or not, the Assailant is a girl... trivia aside, she and her cousin, D.D. Warrior Lady, are Unlimited as of September 1st. That means a lot more monsters are going to be removed from play now... while this chick has the highest ATK of the D.D. series, her effect only pops if she's killed in battle. So, regrettably, she can't remove Defense Position monsters. Still, 1700 ATK isn't much to laugh at, and if you have this in the deck you should have D.D.Warrior Ladies to back her up.

Yes, her Cloud Strife sword is sexy.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:45 am

sickling, this card is the one for your golgari deck. it has a high mana cost (8!) but the effect is awesome. You should be able to bypass the mana cost with vigor mortis though Razz
The Children's Card Game Thread Sisters_of_stone_death

also, it's 2 bucks on cardkingdom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Children's Card Game Thread   The Children's Card Game Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Children's Card Game Thread
Page 1 of 1