Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits

Go down 
+3
Drag3ndz
Cram
.sickling.
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:52 pm

A.T.C. stalked the boy earlier (Riwethuu) now, it was a rather grueling task. It was a miracle he hadn't been noticed. By the party ahead. There was nowhere to hide, he could follow from a good mile behind and still be seen as a moving speck. He decided to take that risk, but it couldn't be long until someone noticed him sooner or later. This journey REALLY wasn't good for him, at all. After all that ruckus at the building before, he was still pretty tired. Still he walked on...

"Ugh, at least I can always LEAVE this place worst comes to worst..." but he considered that more of a last resort, not something to use on something as petty as this. Nightfall was just hours away, he might find a way to rest then...IF the party ahead stopped too. "Damn my curiosity for these sort of things..."

He figured the heat wasn't as bad as other places he'd been to, but he was still only mortal. Still, he remembered, out of almost everyone in the party from the bar, he had been in pretty much the best condition in the end (and by that, not lying on the floor) At best, he'd last a good while until succumbing to the conditions.

(OOC: finally out of the damn bar, although I dislike the skip done there, something screwed up the story flow *has read the past posts* we have Riwethuu's vision, to Elennire SAYING they need to go west after the time-lag, to skipping the actual leaving of the bar, and now onto a desert wasteland...someone please clarify, yes I'm being picky here)
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:11 am

ooc: wait, what happened? all i know is that tamah's still lying on the ground but that's as far as i got before i got lost... O.o;
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 am

kiki.i wrote:
ooc: wait, what happened? all i know is that tamah's still lying on the ground but that's as far as i got before i got lost... O.o;

OOC: Time-skip. Make do with it.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:58 am

.sickling. wrote:
kiki.i wrote:

OOC: Time-skip. Make do with it.

OOC: Fair enough, I will, but I won't like it. Quick, everyone else magically wake up because of the time change and get with the program (or just have your character die of poison, you know, just another option, except Cram, his wasn't poisoned)
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 am

Kudo wrote:
A.T.C. stalked the boy earlier (Riwethuu) now, it was a rather grueling task. It was a miracle he hadn't been noticed. By the party ahead. There was nowhere to hide, he could follow from a good mile behind and still be seen as a moving speck. He decided to take that risk, but it couldn't be long until someone noticed him sooner or later. This journey REALLY wasn't good for him, at all. After all that ruckus at the building before, he was still pretty tired. Still he walked on...

"Ugh, at least I can always LEAVE this place worst comes to worst..." but he considered that more of a last resort, not something to use on something as petty as this. Nightfall was just hours away, he might find a way to rest then...IF the party ahead stopped too. "Damn my curiosity for these sort of things..."

He figured the heat wasn't as bad as other places he'd been to, but he was still only mortal. Still, he remembered, out of almost everyone in the party from the bar, he had been in pretty much the best condition in the end (and by that, not lying on the floor) At best, he'd last a good while until succumbing to the conditions.

(OOC: finally out of the damn bar, although I dislike the skip done there, something screwed up the story flow *has read the past posts* we have Riwethuu's vision, to Elennire SAYING they need to go west after the time-lag, to skipping the actual leaving of the bar, and now onto a desert wasteland...someone please clarify, yes I'm being picky here)

OOC: The town was IN the desert wasteland. They haven't left it yet.

Honestly, I don't see what's so bad about the time-skip. It's skipping useless and pointless details.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:15 am

[[ooc:: But he explained why everyone was awake from the poisoning...seriously...]]
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:20 am

VVO-The obsessor wrote:
[[ooc But he explained why everyone was awake from the poisoning...seriously...]]

OOC: fair enough, as I said before, I'll deal with it but I won't like it. Now then, someone else's turn to post
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:48 am

tamah was used to the heat, but because she was still a little drowsy from the poison, and because of the valley-like desert, which trapped even more heat in, she was starting to feel the urge to make some kind of fuss. she was still a kid, right? people her age were expected to be irritating.
"how much longer until we're there?" tamah asked, her own variation of the infamous "are we there yet?"

stupid valley. stupid heat. stupid desert. stupid poison. stupid me for getting poisoned, she continued with her mental rant as the grim procession walked on.

ooc: happy? XP
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:54 pm

kiki.i wrote:

ooc: happy? XP

OOC: no (jk) Sorry but there isn't really anything else I can post atm. Yeah, I suck with throwing in new crap.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 pm

ooc: eh who cares XD doesn't really matter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:21 am

OOC: I want to post something but it's a bit hard because i kinda need to know something. is the cloth supposed to use magic to cure the symptoms or something or is it something else?
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:27 am

[[ooc:: I think it suppresses the symptoms or something, though that's just personal interpretation. Granted, Rokey and Ellie didn't use it so I guess I shouldn't be saying anything.]]
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 am

OOC: the problem is if it does uses magic it won't affect Llyud and he'll be struggling to move at all
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:55 am

[[ooc:: There were really no specifics given about the cloth, so it could just be a chi-blocker or whatever Itou did to Riwuu in the beginning when Riwuu got poisoned.]]
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:23 am

OOC: i'll post but if the cloth works through magic ill edit/delete my post in order to keep consistency of Llyud

Llyud fingered the knot that kept the cloth around his bicep. The curious little piece of cloth seemed to completely eliminate the effects of the poison. He wished he had heard of it before. It would have helped during some missions.

Llyud quickly pulled his hand away. He realized if the cloth fell on the floor so would he.

The sun was beating down on the odd group of people and Llyud started to think about what he had gotten himself into. Isiya was definitely unlike any place he had been to before. It wasn't everyday a robot came by and nearly killed half a dozen people. It also wasn't often a boy was possesed by a spirit.

Llyud fingered his bow and realized what had happened. It was in splinters yet it was fixed. Completely unscratched. It seemed that Llyud had uncovered one of his bows abilities but if his father was right, it would have more.

He looked around at the group. "Are we going to set up camp soon? It looks like some of us need to rest."
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 am

Between the questions, complaints, exhaustion, and the sheer effect that day's ordeals happened to have on her, Elennire was in no mood to be tampered with. The angellite's fuming made the desert heat seem so much worse. Raeroke glanced over, noticed Elennire's brow covered in sweat, and then worried. He stopped walking for a moment, Elennire noticed and gave him a slight look of "are you serious?!" before stopping herself. Everyone was asking questions. Everyone seemed to be out just to irritate her. The Glory wasn't in any mood to be stopped for no reason. Her gaze went to the others.

"We'll get there when we get there, and you!" Elennire snapped at Llyud, her tone anything but the caring motherly tone she had used in the bar and in the first stretch of their walking. Her irritation was growing by the moment. "Perhaps you haven't noticed, but do you see any cover in this wasteland? We'll stop for camp when we find cover or at the nearest signs of civilization!" The words were crude, angry, but Elennire was on the verge of not caring. She was in a strange land with strange people, exhausted, pressured by stress, and unable to ask the few people she respected for advice. The Glory was understandably agitated. But suddenly, there was a hand on her forehead.

"Stupid...you have a fever," the words were soft-spoken. Despite the fact that they conveyed bad news, the words seemed to mitigate Elennire's flaring irritation. But still, they had to walk. Raeroke glanced out over the desert and found, gladly, that there was a rather large rock a fair distance away. Actually, it was more like a speck in the distance, but if it could be seen, it had to be pretty large. He nudged Elennire's attention to it. "We'll set up camp over there."

In spite of her desire to reach the next town as quickly as possible, Elennire gave a grunt that sounded something like "fine." After that she started walking again. They were wasting precious time standing around. Raeroke sighed and glanced back at the group, apologized and said that Elennire would be better when she wasn't tired and that the strains of unfamiliarity often had negative effects on her personality. He followed after his Glory directly afterwards, slightly troubled at how easily Elennire had alienated herself from the rest of the group. Being a Glory made her capable of acting, but it had taken away her ability to make real friends. The priest caught up to his Glory, mind troubled by these thoughts as the sun moved closer and closer to the horizon.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:45 pm

"Sorry. It's not like I was trying to make us do anything wrong."

Llyud stopped to take a drink from his canteen and looked around the vast desert. That was when he saw something. His eyes had gotten the most benefit than any other of his senses and he saw a man walking in the distance. He recognized the man as a person that had shown up during the fight with the robot though Llyud was not conscious long enough to ask him anything. He laughed.

Llyud pulled out his combat knife and scratched a message into the caked desert floor. He wrote: NO NEED TO STAY SO FAR BACK. IT'S NOT LIKE WE'VE REJECTED ANYONE FROM THIS GROUP SO FAR.

Llyud put his knife back and ran back to the group.
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 am

Itou had been patiently following along with his "God," worshiping the very ground he walked on. It took him quite some time to regain his composure and stop doing that. However, from the previous battle, Itou noticed something, his IDs should have kicked in and completely absorbed the blow that he received from the robot, when in fact, he barely lived. Itou pondered about this matter intensely. Why did the IDS almost fail?

Last edited by Cram on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:46 am

tamah would have flinched at elennire's irritatedness (she hoped that was a word. if it wasn't, then she'd claim that the heat was getting to her head), but she was used to it. kiki did that too. tamah sighed. after a short silence, she spoke up again. "would it be okay if we sang something? so that maybe we could not be so irritable and cranky?" she stopped herself too late, when she realized she might've insulted someone. she prayed very hard.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:47 pm

The flames crackled and danced weakly around the hastily made pile of cloth in the middle of the campsite, as if it was unsatisfied by the food it had been given. Riwethuu shivered in the night's cold. He outstretched his hands near the fire, but the fire was so weak he wondered if it would have even made a difference if there was a fire or not. He hugged himself tightly, hoping to stop some warmth from leaking out from his body. The night had been cruel and unforgiving so far: it seemed like Riwethuu was the only one having trouble sleeping. He passed by everyone's respective tents: the two otherworldly priests were sound asleep, Itou was snoring, and everyone else was silent. The desert was just as soundless as the people that resided in it. Riwethuu sighed, and passed through the sheets of his own tent. There wasn't enough raw material to make a floor, so there was only cold, shifty sand as a bed. He laid himself down and curled up, in a vain attempt to get some sleep. He closed his eyes....

Suddenly, the sand underneath him moved. Riwethuu quickly struggled to his feet, hitting the top of his tent in the process. As he looked down, the sand itself seemed to shake and rumble. He slowly backed away from the shifting sand. Something black erupted from the sand: it was a massive stinger. The black structure shot out at him. Riwethuu, barely able to see the blur that was headed straight for his face, flailed his arms in front of him, hoping he would grab onto something. To his amazement, his hands closed in on the black... thing, but the force of the object knocked him to the floor. Riwethuu held onto the black structure with his life: at the very end was a very sharp point that Riwethuu didn't really want in his body. Suddenly, the source of the stinger revealed itself from the sand. A monstrously huge scorpion burst from the sand, tearing Riwethuu's tent to shreds. The beast looked terrifyingly ferocious: the scorpion was entirely jet-black, and the size of five men. The giant insect glared at him with several eyes and hissed at its prey: Riwethuu. The beast forced its stinger closer to the boy's face. Riwethuu struggled to keep the venomous tip away from his body. His strength was waning. He could feel his hands slipping off the beast's tail.

"HELP!"

LORE:

Ignilli are a rare species of insect that inhabit the deserts of Isiya. While most of them take residence in the dusty desert of Ucadius, other, smaller deserts and badlands also host these dangerous creatures. Ignilli are, for all intensive purposes, giant scorpions. However, their hides are ten times tougher than that of their smaller counterparts, strong enough to resist even advanced forms of magic, and their claws are sharp enough to tear a grown Rigan to shreds. Like all scorpions, Ignilli have stingers which they use freely to inject fatal venom into their prey. They also have incredible powers of regeneration. Ignilli are most active at night, when the desert heat has completely dissipated from the sand. That being said, Ignilli are vicious predators and should be avoided at all costs.

Last edited by .sickling. on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:10 pm

They had been "sleeping" in the same tent, bodies facing away from each other. Had someone that knew the two well enough been around, they would have known the truth. Elennire always faced towards Raeroke when she slept. Always had to be facing some form of life so that she knew she was still there, not in that godforsaken dream where everyone was just out of her reach. Raeroke, on the other hand, often refused to let himself have the luxury of sleep until after his Glory's breathing had slipped into deep, steady breaths. She had run away more than once towards the beginning of their partnership, which had forced the priest to change his habits.

At that moment, they were still awake. Elennire's body was exhausted, and her patience had worn thin through the day, but she was still unable to shake herself to sleep. The cool night had calmed her flaring temper for the time being, but it hadn't done anything for her nerves. She kept her eyes slightly open, though not enough to make the passerby think she was awake. Her hair spilled in front of her face, and the girl kept her thoughts on everything she missed. The silence of the night was pleasant, but the eerie song that seemed to come from it made Elennire want to shiver and cuddle up close to something. With her thoughts occupied, the Glory found that she didn't particularly feel up to trying to plan out the next day with her priest, who she assumed was doing just that.

Of course, she was wrong. The normally gentle and seemingly light-hearted priest was heavily distracted, the metal band that normally clipped his hair back now secured around his forearm and his choker carefully attached so if he rolled it wouldn't stick into his throat. Raeroke's mind was on more serious matters than any planning they might have had to do. He personally couldn't stand the thought of being crippled, especially if it meant hindering his work as a guardian to Elennire. The Glory was already weakened in the unfamiliar world, unable to fully call onto Jean's consciousness for help, and worse than that, the tome's magic was failing, and she'd already exhausted what little supply of time-oriented "mana" she had left. It would take at least a few days to restore what she'd lost. The priest scolded himself in his mind. If he hadn't been distracted, then perhaps the knives wouldn't have caused so much damage. Golden eyes remained shut though. He needed the fact that he couldn't see to focus his thoughts. His skills in fighting were still existant, but that wasn't enough...and worse than that, he assumed Elennire was still mad at him for (once again) using the wrong name. 'Why am I such a ditz?'

The silence lingered on for a few moments when Elennire suddenly shifted her weight and sprang to an upright position. Something had bothered her, no...it wasn't her. Jean's instincts were kicking in. Raeroke opened a single eye and raised an eyebrow in question, but before the girl could say anything, a familiar voice pierced the night. Raeroke sprang to his feet in an instant and Elennire was already moving for the entrance of the tent. Priest and Glory moved out and took in the sight of a rather large scorpion-like creature. Both flinched at the same time from the same memory. Giant bugs really weren't their forte. Raeroke's eyes caught onto something dangling off the end of the oversized stinger and he swore. It was the boy. Elennire glanced over at her priest, who was already fast at work pulling his choker off for what seemed to be the umpteenth time that day. Praying to god (yes, she was desperate enough to pray to a practically dead deity) that even while exhausted, she'd be able to dart around like a fairy, Elennire opened the bands on her wrists and ankles, and as soon as the wings formed, took off, creating a gust of sand behind her.

She was fast, though then again, given that she was working with eight wings, she supposed she had to be. She realized that she wouldn't be able to make physical contact with the bug, but that didn't matter. Elennire zoomed around, dodging a claw out of habit, and before long, she was by the boy. "If you know what's good for you, grab onto one of the bands!" She couldn't touch the boy. Her transparency fields would simply make him plummet into the ground below, but her bands were still able to hold decent amounts of weight. The stinger started to move, and Elennire had to avoid it a bit. "Hurry it up! I don't need a stinger coming out of my gut!" The emerald-eyed Glory glanced back at Raeroke, who was just barely keeping out of the bug's grasp. Whether he was acting as a decoy or just so crippled that he couldn't avoid any better, Elennire didn't know, nor did she want to know.'Just hold on a little longer, Rokey, I'll get there!

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:53 am

ATC continued walking on, he noticed Lloyd's message kind of soon. He disregarded it due to his own rules against making any semi-formal acquaintances in other dimensions, just in case. Besides, he'd feel bad if they died or if he had to leave them, he had made that error too many times in the past. The pattern ATC took in following the group was a rather interesting. He would switch the angle in which he would see the group every few hours, this added a bit extra walking but it didn't SEEM like anyone had noticed so far, even if they did, maybe they would assume it as a mirage, and end up not seeing it after he had swapped the angle of vision. The extra distance with this pattern tired him out. He decided to drop it completely since one of them had already noticed him, there was really no point after that. The important part was that he could still keep track of where the group was headed.

The group at long last had stopped for camp, ATC was a bit more than relieved. It was dark now, the heat had left, the area was clear for anything. A peaceful night, absolutely nothing to worry about except any creatures that could come. Creatures, this thought, and worse, the rather large scorpion thing closing in on ATC gave him one thought, "ah crap, you're kidding me right?" He pulled out his blade, quickly rushed to chop of the creature's tail.

Big mistake, maybe it was just because he switched dimensions, maybe he didn't land a good blow, whatever it was, the sword did not slice this thing. "DAMN IT" ATC thought as he made some distance, looks like he was finally in for a fight. "I guess I'm lucky there's only one, hope these things don't come in groups."

OOC: This post is too short, lacks the proper detail I wanted in it, oh well, it'll have to do. I was kind of in a rush while doing this post. Although, I might use this post for a bit more...
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:32 am

Itou sat a few yards behind his tent, counting the beads on his prayer necklace, a ritual ingrained permanently into his daily activities. "...and let us forgive all for their past sins and allow their wreched souls into th-" He was rudely intterupted by a shrill scream. This scream however was that of his "God"
Itou jumped to his feet and ran straight to Riwu's tent and ripped the cover open.
"REMOVE THYSELF FROM MINE LORD!" Itou yelled at the beast Riwu was struggling with.
He gave the insect an incredibly hard kick that cause the stinger to be horribly ripped off. The beast gave a harsh shrill that peirced the ears of Itou. He felt his vision fog and his ears ring and he quickly jumped out of the tent.
"My senses have been cripped? How the-?"

Last edited by Cram on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Llyud wasn't really a heavy sleeper but it seemed he spent most of his time sleeping in the heavy sleep cycle rather than the REM cycle. He actually preferred that fact because many times his dreams consisted of some of the things he had done or things that were done to him during his time in Sisic. Damn, if he had only remembered to tell the leader he wowuld still be their top scout. They had just gotten so fed up with him.

Because of Llyud sleeping in heavy sleep most of the time, he didn't really notice when Riwu let out a scream. But, when the scorpian let out a piercing cry, his ears picked it up and Llyud woke up to a throbbing pain in his head. He hated sound assaults. He was particuallary weak to things that affected a persons senses and this was definitely not helping in any way.

He grabbed his bow that lay beside where he slept and his quiver and rushed outside of his tent only to see a giant scorpian attacking the boy. The male priest seemed to be getting away but then something caught his eye. That Glory or whatver she was known as had picked up the boy and was flying away. Not something you see a human do everyday. Finally, he saw the monk yell something abot his "Lord" before trying to kick the tail off the scorpian.

He moved away to a good distance and knocked an arrow. He aimed right for the abdomen of the scorpian and let the arrow fly. He knew the arrow would hit right where he wanted and it did. Unfortunately it seemed that the scorpian had exceptionally tough skin because it bounced off and continued on past the camp at a different angle. Llyud swore. He thought his bow would be enough to kill the thing but he hadn't expected this especially since he used one of his arrows meant to pierce some armors. He then realized he had left his sword in his tent. The scorpian had moved closer to his tent during the fighting and now he couldn't reach it safely. Why did he always forget these "little" things? He knew his bow wouldn't be able to pierce the tough top side of the scorpian and he couldn't angle the arrow to hit the underside... Or could he?
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Raeroke was getting tired at a frighteningly fast rate. His body was aching from all the abuse it had gone through that day, but his reaction time was still enough to get away from the scorpion's claws when it neared. He dodged again, the attack making contact with the sane and sending a wall of it up before him, and suddenly, the attack stopped. Raeroke was ready to dodge again, and then the shriek came. The priest gave a soft grunt and instantly jumped back while pressing his hands up against his ears. Great. Just what he needed. A sharp pain shot through the man's head, his ears ringing, but the man kept his eyes open. Narrowed with pain but open. The sound was disgusting, probably among the top four in the list of least favorite sounds.

As the oversized bug turned away, it moved towards the camp again, and Raeroke swore. They couldn't afford to lose anything, though it seemed that the stinger was out of the equation. THe priest gave a huff of breath and ran after the hard-skinned thing. Without a stinger, it wouldn't be able to totally murder him if he did something a little bit on the crazy side. A small wave of blue hair flew out behind his head as Raeroke managed to catch up to the scorpion, his breath was coming a little short. Had his endurance really taken that much of a blow? No matter. With a grunt of effort, the man tried hard to jam his blade into the scorpion's side. It didn't work, and Raeroke was simply brushed to the side by a swinging leg. A cry of anguish resounded in the priest's ears. He knew that voice. The golden eyed priest glanced up and gave a sharp intake of breath as he saw something that was probably not on the good side. A large, oversized stinger which he swore had been missing when he had been running 'Oh Sakella's blessings...'

Elennire, weighed down by the boy, had already went and got herself close enough to the sand so that the boy wouldn't injure himself by being dropped. When that happened, she moved her free hand, placed it onto the band the boy was holding, causing it to become intangible and the boy to fall to the silver desert sands. Her eyes were focused on one thing. Raeroke. The stinger was drawn up and Ellie couldn't waste her breath trying to shout Raeroke's name again. Instead, she sped at the stinger at a high speed, her hair whipping back as she did so. THe Glory came to a fairly controlled stop before smashing into the stinger, and then promptly rushed to the side and slammed both her palms onto an area close to the stinger, glad for once that her transparency fields were a passive thing. There was a soft thunk, and Elennire cracked an eye open, her heart almost coming to a stop. The stinger was in the sand, passed safely through Raeroke without causing a wound. The worst case would be a bit of a bruise, but that was better than another wound. Elennire gave a soft breath of relief and as soon as the stinger lifted out of the ground again, Elennire was off again.

Raeroke, having had yet another near death experience, was already rolling back onto his feet, already used to having brushes with death at that point. His hair blew out behind him as his eyes caught sight of a little orange blur darting towards the feet of the oversized bug. What she was planning, the man wasn't quite sure, but he did realize that there was definitely something wrong with that plan. Swearing, he hefted his weapon again, realizing his strength wasn't enough to pierce through the toughened hide of the creature. However, he was stopped as Elennire suddenly released the last two bands, curled into a ball, and then darted into the sand, disappearing into it as though it were air.

As the creature passed over where she had been, its hind legs began to sink as well and more sand seemed to compact into it. Raeroke panicked. Elennire was in the sand, and as much as he trusted her ability to move around with her wings while "transparent", the priest wasn't sure if the girl could get out of the sand. THe last thing he wanted was for the girl to smother. However, his fears were put to rests moments later as a curled up Elennire darted back out of the sand, pulling out of the position she'd been in moments before. There was a high concentration of sand where the creature's hind legs were, more than it was used to, for sure. Elennire took a few deep inhalations of air to catch her breath. She couldn't breathe down in the sand, but the creature would be slowed down for at least a moment. Taking another deep breath, Elennire curled back into a ball and dove at the front legs, intending to bury the beast and slow it down as much as possible so someone else could cripple it or kill it.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 am

Llyud had been frantically searching for a flat rock but could not find a single one. That was when he noticed the scorpian had been trapped in compacted sand. "Yes!" he yelled. He ran into his tent and found his sword.

His sword was sharp but most likely unable to pierce the scorpian's hide so instead he grabbed it because it was flat. Also, if he approached the thing it would probably shred him to death with its claws. He threw his sword in front of the scorpian and moved away. He intended to try and hit the underside of the scorpian with an arrow by deflecting it off of his sword.

It was going to be difficult. It was extremely dark and even with his enhanced eyes it was nearly impossible to see his sword, let alone calculate the angle at which to fire his arrow to allow it to strike the underside of the scorpian. But, he had to try. It was too dangerous to let live.

Llyud pulled back on his bow and fired the arrow.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 am

tamah woke up to some commotion outside. rubbing sleep away from her eyes, she dashed outside the tent and her eyes landed on the most massive scorpion she had seen. the black color of the scorpion either meant it was not very deadly or it was extremely deadly. the massive size of the scorpion probably meant it needed to shoot out a lot of poison to kill anyone, but either way, it was larger than she was, and that meant they either run or fight. since everyone else seemed to be fighting, she grabbed one of her more sturdy blades and ran towards the black insect.

gods how she hated insects.

she ran close to the base of the tail, dodging and running in hope of not getting stung. if i can take off the tail, she muttered to herself as she shoved the blade into the base of the tail as hard as she could. she had severely underestimated the thickness of the exoskeleton.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:17 am

She darted back out of the sand again, her mind hazy and her flight patterns getting lower and lower to the ground. Elennire swore her heart was going to explode at the rate it was beating at. Sweat dropped through her as opposed to rolling down her face. Elennire felt no cool night wind to lower her temperature. She inhaled again and dove back into the ocean of sand while curling into a ball. She couldn't keep going on forever, why weren't people doing anything? Her stomach churned. The darkness waved around her face.

'This is scary now that I think bout it...' the girl thought while holding herself. It was dark. The girl waited a few moments and then shot out of the floor and gave a gasp of air. She uncurled and found herself sinking towards the ground. The bug wsn't getting any weaker. Elennire swore, panted for breath. She couldn't cool down. It was too hot. Tired, tired. The Glory darted around the tail, knowing that she could still be knocked around because of the bands. Bright orange hair flew behind the girl in a beautiful banner, emerald eyes piercing into dark curtain of the night. The tail swung around again, and this time, Raeroke came into view. The two met gazes for a moment and it felt as though time slowed as Raeroke was thrown out of view by the dark appendage. "Huh? Oh Leviin's chi--!"

Elennire didn't get to finish her sentence before the scorpion whipped around and swiped with one of its claws. It impacted the bands near Elennire's stomach, and the girl was thrown into the sand. First instinct made Elennire curl into a ball again, and she plummet into the sand without making so much as spike in the air. Unfortunately, the girl, jerked forward too violently, was too dazed. Her body stopped releasing their transparency fields. Before she knew it, the Glory was just a bright-haired girl that was holding her breath under the pressure of a giant mass of sand. Elennire couldn't open her eyes and her panicky mind was...insane. 'I'm...gonna die like this?!'

Raeroke, having waited for too long for Elennire to shoot back out of the sand, realized that something was wrong when she stayed under for longer than usual. The man dropped into the sand from his position on the bug's tail while swearing. He tore off to where Elennire had fallen into the sand. "Ellie, don't you dare be dead on me!" he swore loudly while digging wildly into the sand, realizing that there wasn't a lot of time before the scorpion might turn its attention. The faster he dug, the faster the other sand seemed to fill in the ground. He swore again. "I swear on Leviin's child, if you're dead I will not bury you! I'll have you freaking cremated on a freaking new moon in the third cycle of goddamn flame!"

[[ooc:: RP CPR!]]
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 pm

when Itou's vision cleared, he yelled at the scorpion, but he could not hear himself. There was a sharp, constant ring as he looked outside the campsite and saw the insects, he could no longer hear and as he helplessly fought off a scorpion, Itou had a horrifying relization: his gauntlets do not kill. They were holy artifacts....

OOC: Bugs don't feel pain like we do so I assume that the insects' hunger overrided their pain reflex. Ah yes and my character won't save they day! O-M-G
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:46 am

OOC: if not your character then who's will be the one to "save the day"
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:28 am

[[ooc:: Whoever wants it? I usually try to take the backseat in a fight, so Ellie and Rokey probably won't be doing anything unless they're the only ones that CAN do something. o3o]]
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 5:15 am

OOC: Itou can't kill, Tamah is stabbing with knives, ellie is...incapacitated along with rokey, Llyud is failing to hhurt the thing, and ATC can't cut the tail. It seems that ATC, Llyud, and Tamah are the only ones that can do anything...so who should it be? or riwu could get posessed by another spirit thingy
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:07 am

OOC: Kill the scorpion any way you see fit. Just make it at least longer than a few paragraphs, though.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:17 pm

[[ooc:: Must I do this RP CPR thing every few weeks?]]

The oversized insect was anything but the most pleasant thing to be avoiding while trying to dig up the sand where it had been standing only moments before. Raeroke had already assumed as much when he'd started digging, but that didn't make things any easier. With a loss of strength and stamina, the priest was anything but prepared to be dodging claws that might well have been half his size. A few strands of deep ocean hair flicked out behind him as he avoided another potentially fatal blow from the bug. Why were these things always hungry? The man went back and clawed at the sand again, dodged and darted backwards, and then went back to dig. The Glory had yet to return to the surface. She was probably drowning in sand. Not exactly the most pleasant way to die.

Meanwhile, Elennire, still curled in a fetal position under the sand, wasn't able to completely recover her senses yet. The lack of oxygen made her head dizzy, and her muscles weren't recovering any energy without that vital component. She couldn't see, couldn't even open her eyes underneath the sand. It was like drowning. Drowning in that dream with the damn bird that would never take her out of the water to save her. Pressure built up against her chest. Vaguely, she could see a pair of tanned hands digging into the sand, she could hear a voice creeping into her head. It wasn't Jean's. More familiar than that. Frantic motions, claws. The otherworldy priestess would have sighed if she could. She was starting to escape her body. Weightless.

'Wonder what it's like up in Sakella's court...' the girl thought while suddenly feeling a cool sensation warp over her body. Her eyes were closed, but she could still see colors exploding about her. Through her eyelids. She could still see them. Through the sand, she could still hear those familiar voices. And then there was a gentle hand caressing her face. So familiar. There was a voice whispering in her ear. Not time yet. Hadn't matured enough yet. Spot wasn't prepared yet. And then that ghostly feeling of being placed somewhere you didn't belong. Elennire didn't gasp. Still remembered she couldn't breathe. It felt like strings. Elennire flew herself blindly forwards, pulled by the invisible string leashes around her. And now she was warm and surrounded by an odd slimy feeling.

"You'd better still be breathing!"

Elennire's eyes snapped open. She was in a place of utmost darkness, but she was transparent again. It wasn't the sand. Too warm to be the sand. The Glory took a whiff and wanted to throw up. The scent was vile. She gagged and covered her nose before letting loose a burst of light to illuminate the darkness she found herself in. Her cry of disgusted horror echoed in her head as she saw where she was. Inside the oversized bug. It came to her then. Raeroke was still outside. She needed to help him. Gagging, she started her work, letting loose beams and bursts of light inside the scorpion-like creature, flinching away from some of the chunks that she saw. The girl was afraid to move from where she was, but it didn't particularly matter.

From the outside, the beast had suddenly stopped moving random parts of its body. Raeroke had noticed this after the left claw stopped trying to rip his head off. The priest glanced up and noticed that the beast was getting less and less active. As though there was less energy to feed it or something of the sort. He took that to his advantage and started moving back for the patch of sand where his charge had fallen when suddenly a flash of light escaped from the bug's mouth. The priest blinked and wondered if his mind was conjuring illusions of faith. Somehow that was doubtful. Trails of wet ooze were starting to trickle from the bug. Raeroke moved for his weapon again, but by then it was a little late.

An eardrum shattering shriek and Raeroke was jamming his hands over his ears again to try and alleviate the pain from the sound as the scorpion started to sway, jerk, and suddenly, it collapsed to the floor. Raeroke moved close, still wary of any last-moment urges it might have had to stab someone with a giant claw. Fortunately, it seemed as though it either wasn't interested in murdering someone, or it was dead. Hopefully, it was the latter. No matter how high his opinion on life was, Raeroke did not like bugs. He drew a little closer and suddenly, a small part of it moved. Raeroke jerked back, his weapon at the ready, sweat beading down the sides of his face. Elennire needed to get out of the damn bug and fast.

But the Glory in question was too exhausted to be taxed with transparency. She'd actually lost it about halfway through and was now coated with a fine film of guts and blood. She crawled in a random direction, realizing that if she didn't get out one way, she'd get out another. But thankfully, luck was on her side, for Elennire soon found that she was poking her hand out of a mouth. She couldn't quite fit through the small hole, but she could at least signal for help getting out. She was disgusted and on the edge of throwing up. Unfortunately for her, it didn't seem as though the mouth was going to be any bigger, and Elennire was just stuck inside the until her strength returned. A high pitched whine escaped from her throat as she fought the battle against frustrated shrieking and possibly even tears. Why did bad things always have to happen to her?

"Raaaeroooke...I'm stuck..."
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 am

tamah felt the hacking of the inside of the gargantuan (she didn't care if it was or wasn't a word) scorpion, and she jumped away from the bug. the thing let out a screech, and there was an explosion of brilliant light in the dark sky. as she blinked away and waited for her eyesight to come back, she heard a woman's familiar voice.

"Raaaeroooke...I'm stuck..."

tamah saw the scorpions' guts everywhere and blinked once more, this time to make sure what she saw was real. "well, i guess that works," she said in awe, and trotted over to the lady. "that was kinda cool," tamah commented as she squatted and tried to pull the guts away from the elegant woman's body. as soon as tamah was getting impatient, she started to hack away at the guts.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:58 am

Llyud had been unable to either angle his arrows correctly to strike the underside of the beast and he tried over and over again while adjusting his position. He finally move to a spot which he believed would work. He pulled back the string and let his arrow fly. His arrow deflected off of his sword and flew straught for the underside of the scorpian.

The arrow flew straight for the perfect point to kill the scorpian when blinding beams of energy blasted out from the inside of the scorpian. His arrow was obliterated and the scorpian let out a cry louder than anything Llyud had ever heard, even at his distance. He fell to his knees and dropped his bow while clutching his ears. It felt like someone had gathered up thousands of pounds of explosives...and detonated it in his ears. He fell face first into the sand after the sound stopped but couldn't hear the sound of him hitting the sand. It was replaced by a loud ringing. He wouldn't be able to hear properly for a day or two.

Llyud struggled onto his feet and walked toward the scorpian to see a hand sticking out. He immediately moved forward in an attempt to pry the mouth open or break it open.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Raeroke heard his charge's voice with a little bit of relief and it took almost all his effort not to simply fall to his knees and start bawling in complete an utter relief. Unfortunately, that also took up all the self control he needed to prevent himself from giving a little chortle at Elennire's situation. He knelt moved around to the front to notice that there was a boy near the mouth and a hand poking out of the mouth, and a girl hacking away at the scorpion, presumably in an attempt to get the fiery-headed woman free. He gave a little exasperated smile and moved next to them so that he might be able to offer his own aid, hefting his oversized and too-heavy weapon.

Elennire, still trapped within the insides of the scorpion, could vaguely hear the words outside the insect. On the words that her actions had been somewhat cool, Elennire gave a small grin that nobody could see before answering the words herself. "Thanks...I guess." She squirmed a bit in the slimy surroundings. She wasn't actually completely unnerved by the attack. Things did that to Glories all the time. Cult members, monsters, former orphanage buddies...it was as normal as praying on the crescent moons. She squirmed again and suddenly, was greeted by a small gust of fresh air as the mouth was pulled slightly apart. The cool breeze rejuvenated Elennire enough to try and get out again. She was only deterred when she heard Raeroke's voice.

"Hey, you should probably move your hand, Ellie." the man claimed. So Elennire did just that and squirmed a bit away from the front of the mouth, knowing that Raeroke often didn't think his plans out very thoroughly. The man brought his weapon up, and with all his strength, jammed at the side of the mouth, causing a small chip to appear in the hard shell. Sighing, he placed his weapon there and then leaned heavily against it, applying as much pressure to the single weakened point as he could. Several moments passed with no effect, and Raeroke was about ready to give up and try another spot when there was a soft cricking sound. The man gave a final grunt of effort as he pressed up all his weight against the crescent-shaped blade and suddenly the slightly thinner shell gave, a large crack running through on side as the tip drove through. Raeroke removed the blade and pulled hard at the cracked area, making the hole a bit larger. After several attempts of this, Elennire was back sprawled onto the sand and smelling quite foul.

"Let's...just set up what was damaged in camp..." Elennire mumbled, her every muscle aching. She glanced and did a brief headcount. It seemed everyone was still living and breathing. That was a plus. She gave a disgusted sound when her own stench caught her and very nearly threw up. "Eugh, Leviin's child! I reek!" Thoroughly disgusted at that point, Elennire wondered if there was anywhere she could go to bathe before going to bed.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:15 am

OOC: Due to failures of this RP, and my lack of a want to deal with it anymore, I'm out of it, and ATC leaves this post, deal with it. You guys hated ATC anyway, admit it. And I personally didn't care about this RP in the first place.

The scorpion moved swiftly towards ATC, each swing of it's massive tail held the power to kill at any moment. By swinging at just the right time, the force of the scorpion worked against it as ATC's blade cut the tail cleanly off. But victory was nowhere near what ATC expected when the tail grew back once more almost as quickly as it was removed.
"That's...that's just cheap, how the hell am I supposed to defeat something like this?!"
At least he knew how to survive, constantly detaching the creature's limbs would prevent it from attacking while they continually regenerated, but it was a losing battle. ATC was already tired from all the traveling and doing this would just waste more energy. The energy he would need for a real emergency, he wasn't about to fall to some random creature out here. He even tried to hack up it's face, rather useless since it kept regenerating. He truly was making a fool of the creature's external defences though, but hopefully even this thing can't keep regenerating forever, it must have some sort of stamina that gets used up. Such didn't seem to exist, almost as if this creature were some sort of abomination during creation and totally overlooked to be ungodly cheap in survival tactics, gods cruel gift to this world. But it wasn't like that, no, not at all really even this THING had a weakness and ATC attempted something that seems to take out most problems.
He slashed a whole out of thin air creating a portal to an unknown dimension, not quite as unknown, ATC could control which dimension and area it would lead too if he knew the area before. In this case, the scorpion was headed off into a war field on top of a minefield. As ATC once heard from a friend when he was a young teenager, "If nothing seems to work against an enemy, try to blow it the **** up! I don't know anything that is explode proof"
Whether "explode proof" is even a proper term seemed to be in ATC's mind now, as he made one more portal to a different land. He was sick of this stupid desert, he needed to refresh himself. What happened to the party he was stalking? Who cares about them? It was just a minor curiosity after all and wasn't worth the trouble. This is where he made his leave, from Isiya, forever.

The Journey of ATC in Isiya has come to a close, please resume the RP as fit, I had enough fun no matter how pitiful this was.

OOC: the above line does not belong in OOC, it is part of the story, and now that I'm out, you guys can continue this uninterrupted, hopefully, unless this is completely ditched altogether. Have fun anyway.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 am

OOC: FYI I'm not lying when i say i was fine and i even like ATC. Why else do you think i bothered having my character try to make contact?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits   Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary of the Eternal Spirits
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RPG/TextRPG Forum :: Welcome to Isiya-
Jump to: