Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
Cram
DarkLink3603
.sickling.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:11 am

Spoiler:

ZOMBIE TERROR!~

-que screams-

Welcome to our first survival-horror(?) RP! As you can expect, this roleplay will be based on zombies.

O>> Nothing really new, I'm sure this has been done before.
O>> Inspired by boredom (everything nowadays is)
O>> Plot: Zombies. And lots of them.

"It is a truth universally accepted, that a zombie in possession of brains, must be in want of more brains."
- Anonymous

And so begins our humble tale. It's a tragedy, really. Our peaceful Earth has been invaded by a strange new virus that transforms all that it infects into bloodthirsty, mindless beasts, only wanting to transform more innocents into bloodthirsty, mindless beasts. But we call them zombies, for Pete's sake (he was eaten by them just a few minutes ago). Nobody knows where it came from, or why it came to be. All that we know, is that it's killing everyone. All hope seems lost: the virus has taken claim to over half the world's biomass in less than a decade, with only a quarter of the entire human population still remaining. Civilization has all but collapsed. The world's governments have crumbled. Society has shattered. The finest soldiers have fallen. Resistance seems all but futile... but for a small group of survivors, living means looking death square in the face: a face with cold, glazed eyes and a set of broken teeth just dying to bite into your flesh.

Together, standing as one (or a group of dysfunctional individuals), you might just stand a chance against an unbeatable, inexhaustible enemy. Maybe, just maybe, you can save humanity.

- Table of Context: (Ctrl + F for Windows)
O> Rules of the Game
O> Panic Reaction System
O> Normal Combat Dice Roll
O> Special Combat Dice Roll
O> Infection
O> Health
O> Drop Rates
O> Restorative Item
O> ZOMBIE TERROR!

- Rules of the Game:
1. You do not speak of The Game. (Except for this one time) EVER.
2. There is no posting maximum, and the only posting minimum is that each post must be at least a respectable paragraph (at least 3 sentences). But I'm sure we won't have a problem with that.
3. You can create your own characters, but you still have to follow the guidelines... sort of.
4. The basics. No godmod, puppet (unless permission is granted), or anything of the sort. I probably don't need to remind you by now (if this is new to you, GET OUT. NOW).

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!:
DISREGARD EVERYTHING IN THE NORMAL RP THREAD: ALL RULES ARE FOLLOWED IN THIS THREAD!

- PANIC REACTION SYSTEM:
I've noticed that the dice roll is random every time you edit the post, making it impossible to edit your post accordingly. This mechanism is going to require a BIT more planning than we expected.

EDIT: WHEN YOU PERFORM A DICE ROLL, PUT THE REST OF YOUR POST IN A SEPARATE POST. DO NOT EDIT THE POST WITH THE DICE ROLL, FOR THAT WILL ALTER THE DICE ROLL.

Also, the chance of getting injured, I believe, is a bit too high. I think that the number should determine if the character is hurt or not, because if the chance is too high then nobody will make it through this RP.

Action Roll:
Sword: Kill zombie (You have a chance of getting injured, but the zombie is dead)
Shield: Fend off zombie (you have 0 chance of getting injured, but the zombie is still alive)
Staff: Repel zombie (You have 0 chance of getting injured, and the zombie is dead)
Scroll: Panic (You have a chance of getting injured, and the zombie is not dead)

Check the Character Data forum to determine which enemies use the normal dice roll or the special dice roll to engage in combat.

- NORMAL COMBAT DICE ROLL: NERD DIE (You only count the nerd die roll IF you roll a Scroll or Sword on the Action Die, and are fighting a common zombie)
1-7: You take no damage.
8: You are bitten. (+4 to Infection)
9-15: You take no damage.
16: You are scratched (+2 to Infection)
17-20: You take no damage.

- SPECIAL COMBAT DICE ROLL: NERD DIE (This is only counted IF you roll a Scroll or Sword on the Action Die, AND you are fighting a special type of enemy):
1-6: You take no damage.
7: You are injured. (-10 Health, +2 Infection)
8: You are infected. (+3 Infection, -5 Health)
9-10: You take no damage.
11: You are injured. (-10 Health, +2 Infection)
12: You are infected. (+3 Infection, -5 Health)
13-18: You take no damage.
19: You are infected, and injured. (-10 Health, +3 Infection)
20: You are injured badly. (-15 Health, +2 Infection)

- INFECTION:
Infection is a value between 0-15. 0 is completely uninfected, while 10 is zombified. If you take damage, add Infection Points. When your Infection Points are 10 or above ten, you become a zombie and are removed from the RP. Always put your current Infection Points at the end of your posts! (Zandyne, of course, is an exception) As of now, everyone is at 0, and this battle is an exception. Nobody can gain Infection during this battle.

NOTE: THERE IS NO WAY TO REMOVE INFECTION POINTS.

- HEALTH:
In addition to Infection, your character has a different value that keeps him/her alive. When this value reaches 0, your character dies of non-zombie means, and is removed from the RP.

Common zombies can only inflict some Health damage, but the main danger comes from Infection, not Health damage. Health, unlike Infection, can be healed and restored by certain methods (medicine, bandages, etc.)

Bosses (explained later) can inflict heavy Infection or heavy Health damage.

Every character starts out with 50 Health. This value caps at 50, and cannot be increased. When the character takes damage, subtract the necessary number from the current value. Certain items can restore this value.

- DROP RATES:
These indicate the rates an item will appear in a certain location after certain (most) battles.

These rolls use a Nerd Die roll.

Very High (Safe place only: includes apartments, houses, offices, etc.)
Success Numbers: No roll: ALL NUMBERS

High (Gas stations, apartments, office buildings, convenience stores, fresh houses, etc.)
Success Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Medium (Recently abandoned houses, grungy buildings, etc.)
Success Numbers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19

Low (Clearly abandoned houses, random boxes/crates)
Success Numbers: 1, 5, 10, 15, 20

Very Low (Certain boxes)
Success Numbers: 1, 20

- RESTORATIVE ITEMS:
First Aid Pack: (6%)
Prerequisites: Roll a success number AND roll a Sword with the Action Die.
Effect: Restores 15 Health when used. Can be carried.
Success Numbers (If this number is rolled on a drop, you will receive this item): 1, 3, 10, 17, 20

Medicine: (38%)
Prerequisites: Roll a success number AND roll a Staff, Shield, or Sword with the Action Die.
Effect: Restores 10 Health. Can be carried.
Success Numbers: 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19

Food: (70%)
Prerequisites: Roll a success number. If you roll an unsuccessful Action Die but have a matching success number as another item, you will receive Food instead.
Effect: Restores 5 Health. Cannot be carried: is used immediately when found.
Success Numbers: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20

YOU CAN ONLY CARRY ONE ITEM AT A TIME!

If you roll a Scroll, you don't get anything.

- ZOMBIE TERROR!
This is Zandyne's (and my) special zombie attack.

PREREQUISITES:
ALL NON-INFECTED MUST ROLL AT LEAST 1 SCROLL DURING A SINGLE BATTLE, therefore the entire group is in a state of total panic. When this occurs, zandyne may initiate a ZOMBIE TERROR ATTACK!

ZOMBIE TERROR ATTACK!
When zandyne initiates this all-out zombie attack, all remaining survivors must roll THREE NERD DIE. For each participant, if their resulting total of all their rolls is GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO FIFTY, they are INSTANTLY DEAD. (+15 Infection)

NOTE: IF YOU DO ROLL UNDER FIFTY, THEN YOU TAKE NO DAMAGE, EVEN IF YOUR TOTAL ADDS UP TO 8 OR 16.

SLOTS:

The Non-Infected: 4

CRAM

DARKLINK

DRAG3NDZ

.sickling.

KIKI

The Zombies:

ZANDYNE

Last edited by .sickling. on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:57 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 am

Count me in because i am bored... are the zombies fast or slow zombies? and are there mutated zombies?
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 am

Do we get guns? Do we pick our guns? Is it bite-infection or scratch-infection? (The former is RE zombies) Do we kill each other off via votes? If not, how do we decide how each person dies?

-More to be added-
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:19 am

I want to know if you, .sickling., will be the Director AI for this RP. Or will you also partake in the apocalypse too?

And remind me on the motivation of the game, perhaps a goal of some sort or a reason to play on the Human side.
Back to top Go down
http://exedreams.heavenforum.com
zandyne
zandyne

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 am

I call Special Zombie Stitches, slightly smarter than the other zombies in that it will steal body parts from zombies/humans when it loses its own. It desires the very finest human parts and will often pillage the best resources from anything living or undead. The only part it can't replace is obviously the skull and spine. Any other part/limb is fair game.

Sound gewd?

Last edited by zandyne on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:27 pm

I am a non-zombie/narrator. I have the powers and weaknesses of a survivor, but I have extra control over what's going on. The board is now updated.

THE GOAL OF THE GAME IS TO STAY ALIVE, ESCAPE FROM ZOMBIES, AND [POSSIBLY] FIND AN ANTIDOTE. We'll be coming up with most of the story ourselves, however.

If zandyne scratches, bites, or otherwise inflicts any sort of bodily damage on you, you will become a zombie. It's zandyne's call whether these zombies will be the fast, running, rabid type, or the slow, lumbering, nearly indestructible type.
Back to top Go down
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 4:29 am

Sweet! Zombies will be randomized, obviously the ones that get limbs pilfered will have special terms ie: highjacked leg will not be a runner, but will have some other buff to compensate, whatever bodytype they have will also be affected by what they are physically, fatasses will be slow and so forth.

Fodder zombies will be of the L4D variety, hilarious when idling, ravenous when alerted.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 am

i'm in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:23 pm

It seems like we have enough people. I'll try to get the first post started up when I can (probably not this weekend, however).
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 am

why scratch? why not bite? scratch is annoying, especially with runners
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 am

How about a compromise? For scratches you have an hour to burn/disinfect the respective scratch (only scratch grazes, not "hunter pinata tearing scratches") to get rid of it. If you don't then well, LOL ZOMBIED.

Everything else is the same though, I will admit, grazed scratches miffed me a bit for contagions.

*Unless this goes against sickling's absolute zombie rules.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:06 pm

zandyne wrote:
How about a compromise? For scratches you have an hour to burn/disinfect the respective scratch (only scratch grazes, not "hunter pinata tearing scratches") to get rid of it. If you don't then well, LOL ZOMBIED.

Everything else is the same though, I will admit, grazed scratches miffed me a bit for contagions.

*Unless this goes against sickling's absolute zombie rules.

zandyne pretty much has all power over what the zombies will be like. However, if it's REALLY stupid (like calculator-nerd-meteor-hurling-zombies) then I'll intervene. It's up to zandyne whether scratching or scratching will or will not zombify someone.
Back to top Go down
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 pm

You have my word it'll be nothing that stupid. Anyway for reference's sake:

"Graze" scratch counts as low amount of "animal claw marks". They can be cured by cauterizing or pouring alcohol or applying similarly acidic substance to the wound. -Domestic/small animal scratches

"Infection" scratch would be where significant chucks of flesh are taken from the body, however even THIS can be cured if you perform amputation of that portion. Proper sanitation must be applied to the removed flesh or else you render the procedure pointless. (See graze treatment and apply to cut removed flesh, you should be doing this anyway or else most would bleed out from this.)

Exception to this rule will be special zombies who are smart enough to go out of their way to coat their hands with fresh, wet, infected blood or something, and really that's silly.

Should I continue to add more "info" in this thread or what?
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Add as much info as you think is necessary. This is the discussion thread, after all.
Back to top Go down
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 am

For anyone who cares:

-Fodder zombies shall idle and even attack each other when not engaged with humans. What alerts them would be loud noises (heavy caliber guns, shouting, heavy-door + heavy-closing, etc.), copious amounts of *fresh* blood within a 100-yard radius and being made aware of other zombies running towards prey.
-Their visual perception is poor, but when they see another zombie running, they will start to group and swarm.
-Fodder zombies lack the dexterity to open most doors, but they will still run into it repeatedly if they know something is behind it.
-Fodder zombies have sprinting capabilities but can tire, they are only as strong as their default bodies.
-FodZoms are stupid as hell, however they have a few conditioned responses. None of which concern self-preservation. This can be very good/bad depending on environment.
-FodZoms are mainly of the human variety, some animals are affected by the virus, however they deteriorate faster than humans. If one is around it has a putrid smell. The stock dog-zombies exist, cats and birds rot too quickly.
-FodZoms seem to communicate with moans, gurgled yells, lunging, wildly clawing the air and walking around like drunks, yet sprinting like fanbrats. They don't sleep, but they do "shut down" at random times.
-FodZoms with a bloated stomach may PUKE PROJECTILE BLOOD/VOMIT contagion.

Special Zombies are Special (Completely in the Style of L4D, but with TWEESTS):
-Stitches can regenerate with applicable parts, except for the head and spine. They are slightly smarter in that they "stalk" specific quarry with parts of interest to them. Easily the stealthiest of the lot.
-Boxers constantly coat their hands with fresh blood, usually from the bodies of fellow fallen zombies. Another notable trait is that the skin around their jaws are peeled back. Another annoying trait is that they usually scavenge and have equipped helmets.
-Plumbers have a carved out abdominal cavity, how they still run despite it is a mystery. Along their arms are boils filled with contagion that burst with very little agitation, be extra cautious when disposing of these!
-Sirens are undead that manage to have the dexterity to not only operate human items, but can craft primitive traps. There have been rumors that Sirens can mimic human voices. Considered the smartest of the undead.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 am

zandyne wrote:

-Fodder zombies have sprinting capabilities but can tire, they are only as strong as their default bodies.

well, THAT would suck for survivors to be chased by the fodder zombies that used to be olympic sprinters. (although that'd be interesting to watch...)
Back to top Go down
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

kiki.i wrote:
zandyne wrote:

well, THAT would suck for survivors to be chased by the fodder zombies that used to be olympic sprinters. (although that'd be interesting to watch...)

Assuming a Stiches didn't crap itself at the opportunity of LOLAWESOME legs XD
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:15 am

NEW RULE:

RANDOM BATTLES:

At random times during the story(idling), there will be a dice roll. If the result is exactly 1, 10, or 20, there will be a surprise battle (no matter the circumstances!).

Last edited by .sickling. on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:08 am

RANDOM MUTATIONS:

Not all zombies are the lumbering/running basic zombie type! Be aware that different types of zombies, including zandyne's creations, may enter the RP!
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:14 am

Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread Cooliezombie

Rawr, I'm a human. Just really ugly.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Pikachu wrote:

No, you're not.
Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
Pikachu

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

.sickling. wrote:
Pikachu wrote:

No, you're not.

Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread Edited

You're clever.
Back to top Go down
http://aarondesu.livejournal.com/
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 am

Pikachu wrote:
.sickling. wrote:
Pikachu wrote:

No, you're not.

Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread Edited

You're clever.

You stop that. Are you joining the RP?
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 am

REMINDER NOTE:

You can't kill/incapacitate a zombie without initiating a dice roll! You can, however, have limited control over a zombie (you can't have it attack someone, however).

Battles will last as long as they have to!

There are no respawns!

LOCKED DOOR/CHEST/ETC. CHANCE

Your character can open anything that is locked, if they are skilled enough or the thing in question is weak/easy enough to break through or unlock.

In all cases, you will roll a Nerd Die.

DIFFICULTY (AND NUMBERS OF SUCCESS)
If you roll any of the following numbers, your character will succeed in opening whatever. Difficulty is determined by the object in question (which will likely be determined by me)

LOLEASYNOOB: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

EASY: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20

ADVANCED: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 18, 20

DIFFICULT: 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 17, 20

EXPERT: 1, 5, 10, 15, 20

INSANE: 1, 10, 20

IMPOSSIBLE: 1, 20

NO CHANCE: 1

UNABLE TO BE OPENED: 0

Most of the time, this will be vital to your success in surviving (story-related), and if you fail, it may mean trouble (more zombies).
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 am

HEALTH:

In addition to Infection, your character has a different value that keeps him/her alive. When this value reaches 0, your character dies of non-zombie means, and is removed from the RP.

Common zombies can only inflict some Health damage, but the main danger comes from Infection, not Health damage. Health, unlike Infection, can be healed and restored by certain methods (medicine, bandages, etc.)

Bosses (explained later) can inflict heavy Infection or heavy Health damage.

Every character starts out with 50 Health. This value caps at 50, and cannot be increased. When the character takes damage, subtract the necessary number from the current value. Certain items can restore this value.

DAMAGE
The damage values of common enemies are as follows:

Common Zombie (Fodder Zombie ONLY):
Scratch: -4 Health
Bite: -8 Health

The other damage values are in the first post.

BOSSES:

These are exceptionally powerful enemies (not always zombies) that will appear sparingly during certain occasions. They are very tough, and will not go down if you succeed in a single dice roll. They will take multiple dice rolls from every participant in order to take down.

Attributes:

They can't appear in a random battle.

Not all of them inflict damage in Infection (in exchange, instant death attacks or they inflict a different form of damage).

Zandyne has control over them.

A successful dice roll (Sword/Staff, along with a successful number) will result in a boss losing one Life. Bosses have varying Life.

When a boss initiates an attack, it uses a special dice roll for an attack.

Boss Attack:

This attack depends on the boss, and can injure one (or more) character(s).

A boss cannot initiate a special attack until certain requirements are met. The prerequisite is as follows:

At least one character must have rolled a 10 or lower when initiating an attack on them.

When this occurs, a boss may initiate an attack. A special attack is as follows:

[b]STEP 1:

An action die is rolled. If the result is a SWORD or a STAFF, the attack proceeds to the next step:

STEP 2:

IF THE ATTACK AFFECTS THE INFECTION VALUE: A NORMAL DIE WILL BE ROLLED. The resulting number is added to the current Infection value.

IF THE ATTACK AFFECTS THE HEALTH VALUE: A NERD DIE WILL BE ROLLED. The resulting number is subtracted from the current Health value.

Last edited by .sickling. on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:51 pm

I have to make a debate. I see that unrecoverable HP is unfair and unrealistic. I demand healing items. Here's my suggestion:

Everyone has 20 or 30 HP. Even if they are injured, they must eat something or apply first aid to recover oh say +3 HP. Healing items can be either batchful of heals during a finale and/or scarce during the travel.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
I have to make a debate. I see that unrecoverable HP is unfair and unrealistic. I demand healing items. Here's my suggestion:

Everyone has 20 or 30 HP. Even if they are injured, they must eat something or apply first aid to recover oh say +3 HP. Healing items can be either batchful of heals during a finale and/or scarce during the travel.

Read the thread.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 am

Oh... ._.

"Capped"... Huh. Didn't think he meant maximum health points... Okay, I'm good with this! ^^;

Oh quick questions: How often would items spawn? And how long is the campaign game?
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 am

Drag3ndz wrote:
Oh... ._.

"Capped"... Huh. Didn't think he meant maximum health points... Okay, I'm good with this! ^^;

Oh quick questions: How often would items spawn? And how long is the campaign game?

...I haven't really figured out a fair way to make items spawn. Maybe a dice roll after a battle.

The story goes on as long as it has to, or until everyone is dead.
Back to top Go down
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 am

I think certain locations should have item spawns.

ie: Actual stores will have high item "drop" rate but will have high chance for zombie, but say random houses or office buildings will have a lower drop rate.

Pharmacy/Hospital = Highest
Office/Convenience store = Middle (Offices are required to have first aid kits if they have X amount of people)
House/Private or "Shady" Businesses = Lowest

Any form of "safe-house" has a really volatile item drop rate as it could be abandoned, well-maintained, or raided already.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 am

Say this campaign has five sections throughout the entire city.

Level #:
+House (0 or 1 Med Kit)
-(Apocolypse)
+Office/Drug Store (1 or 2 Med Kits)
-(Apocolypse)
+Safe House (Randomized # Med Kits)
Next Level

Med Kit would probably only recovers 10 HP.

Randomized Med Kits can be the following with Action Die:

Sheild: +10 to all members.
Sword: +10 HP to one member. (Applied to person with smallest HP.)
Staff/Scroll: Nothing happens.

Wouldn't it be funny if we had the closet system when we start the next level?
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:58 am

Drag3ndz wrote:
Say this campaign has five sections throughout the entire city.

Level #:
+House (0 or 1 Med Kit)
-(Apocolypse)
+Office/Drug Store (1 or 2 Med Kits)
-(Apocolypse)
+Safe House (Randomized # Med Kits)
Next Level

Med Kit would probably only recovers 10 HP.

Randomized Med Kits can be the following with Action Die:

Sheild: +10 to all members.
Sword: +10 HP to one member. (Applied to person with smallest HP.)
Staff/Scroll: Nothing happens.

Wouldn't it be funny if we had the closet system when we start the next level?

This is becoming a Left4Dead RP...

But then again, there needs to be a limit on how long this has to go. If it goes on for too long everybody will be dead. If it's too short, it's just not fun. However, once this is done, I plan to make a "Hard mode", where we will use different/same characters, with a similar storyline, only the battles will be much harder (lower chance of dice roll success).

Anyway, we need to decide on a number of how many "rest points" (safe houses) there will be in the RP, before the grand finale.
Back to top Go down
zandyne
zandyne

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:33 am

It isn't L4D, a safe house is a safe house, hell the difference here is that some of them will already be raided and only have medical/food supplies.
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 am

K. I guess my idea is discarded already the minute .sickling. told me so.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Drag3ndz wrote:
K. I guess my idea is discarded already the minute .sickling. told me so.

I don't like closets. "Safe houses" are fine, as with the "loot roll."
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:47 am

i don't think i'm going to remember any of this when it comes to the actual rp. any way to simplify it? or no? (just curious, lol)
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 am

DROP RATES:

These indicate the rates an item will appear in a certain location after certain (most) battles.

These rolls use a Nerd Die roll.

Very High (Safe place only: includes apartments, houses, offices, etc.)
Success Numbers: No roll: ALL NUMBERS

High (Gas stations, apartments, office buildings, convenience stores, fresh houses, etc.)
Success Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Medium (Recently abandoned houses, grungy buildings, etc.)
Success Numbers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19

Low (Clearly abandoned houses, random boxes/crates)
Success Numbers: 1, 5, 10, 15, 20

Very Low (Certain boxes)
Success Numbers: 1, 20

RESTORATIVE ITEMS:

First Aid Pack:
Prerequisites: Roll a success number AND roll a Sword with the Action Die.
Effect: Restores 15 Health when used. Can be carried.
Success Numbers (If this number is rolled on a drop, you will receive this item): 1, 3, 10, 17, 20

Medicine
Prerequisites: Roll a success number AND roll a Staff, Shield, or Sword with the Action Die.
Effect: Restores 10 Health. Can be carried.
Success Numbers: 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19

Food:
Prerequisites: Roll a success number. If you roll an unsuccessful Action Die but have a matching success number as another item, you will receive Food instead.
Effect: Restores 5 Health. Cannot be carried: is used immediately when found.
Success Numbers: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20

YOU CAN ONLY CARRY ONE ITEM AT A TIME!

If you roll a Scroll, you don't get anything.

Last edited by .sickling. on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drag3ndz
Drag3ndz

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 am

Let's see here...

Item: Action Die x Nerd Die = Results

-Health Kit: 1/4 x 1/4 = 1/16 chance (6%)
-Medicine: 3/4 x 1/2 = 3/8 chance (38%)
-Food: 1/1 x 14/20 = 7/10 chance (70%)

Ouch. That's gonna be near impossible to get the Health Kit. Oh well, at least we get a decent chance of medicine.

Nice system, .sickling.! Now put it up in the first post so we don't have to skim through pages or posts. : D

[EDIT] Sorry .sickling., but I took the liberty to organize your first post for each add on rules. I even made a Table of Context too. I censored spoiler the Zombie picture because it's becoming to scare me. You are free to unspoiler it by your decision.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:50 am

DAY SYSTEM

Each day consists of several battles (around 3-6 battles, including random battles, but may be more), day and night (the first day does not have a night), and ends with a boss battle. After certain boss battle, and after the "post-mortem" posts, the day will end. When the day ends your character's Health and Infection will still remain the same.

Depending on the time of day, certain aspects will change. I will determine the passage of time.

DAYTIME:
This is the regular time of which most events occur and pass. All combat and dice rolls are normal in this time.

NIGHTTIME:
During this point of the day, visibility is greatly reduced, hindering your character's ability in battle. Normal and Special Combat dice rolls are abolished during this time of day, and are instead replaced with a Nighttime Combat dice roll.

NIGHTTIME COMBAT:

When you engage a zombie in the middle of the night, combat is significantly harder. Combat during night is as follows:

Roll an Action Die and a Nerd Die, then take the following action depending on your roll:

Sword: Negate the nerd die roll and inflict 1 Health damage to the zombie.

Shield: You take Health damage equal to the number rolled on the nerd die.

Staff: Negate the nerd die roll and inflict 1 Health damage to the zombie.

Scroll: You take Health damage equal to the number rolled on the nerd die.

Combat dice rolls for special zombies during the night when they attack you remain the same.

There are seven days in the RP. After the seventh day has elapsed, the RP is complete. Can you survive one week in zombie hell?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread   Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie Terror!~ Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1