Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Info off the top of my head

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Random Info off the top of my head Empty
PostSubject: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:36 am

Classes

Classes determine the general fighting abilities of selected individuals. Benevolents are all-around characters generally, Intellegents are Magic casters and healers, while Renegades are Physical attackers.

MC: Benevolent Class
Serra: Benevolent Class
Batou: Benevolent Class
Miro: Renegade Class
Mako: Renegade Class
Kudo: Renegade Class
Nodoka: Intelligent Class
Kiki: Intelligent Class
Kaida: Intelligent Class
==Bonus Char==
Sakaki: Renegade-Intelligent

RE:Renegade
BE: Benevolent
IN: Intelligent

Area Bonuses

Several different areas should serve their purpose in CoT.

Area 1 (Hall): Bonuses: MC->En Vi
Serra Ma Dex
All others: No Bonus
Area 2 (Boy's Dorm): MC Str End
All Male chars Str End
All Girl chars Str- End- Vi-
Area 3 (Girl's Dorm): All Male Chars Str- End- Vi- Dex
All Female Chars Ma+ Dex+ Vi+ Str-
Area 4 (School Quad): All chars Str End

Area 5 (City Streets): Renegade Class Chars (Mako, Miro, Kudo) Str End Vit Dex

Area 6 (School Library): All Intelligent Class Chars (Kiki, Nodoka, Kaida) End Dex Vi

Area 7 (UG Library): Kudo all stats

Area 8 (TotV): All characters stats-

Area 9 (Maleboge): All chars Stats -

Area 10 (The Last Blockade) All chars Stats

Maleboge

A mirror image of the world beyond the Tome of the Void. It is here that many heroes have died and been forgotten. The world here has an oppressive atmosphere that chokes the life out of those who dare roam it. It is ruled by an evil demon named Beldr.

The last Blockade

This is it! This battle will determine your path! Choose wisely for it is the relationships you have formed with those you battle with that will save you.

Endings

Good ending: Serra is saved and you two destroy the book forever.
Bonus item: Acc. MC's Love letter
All stats 50 (x2 When equipped by Serra)

Canon ending: Serrra was killed by your own hand and you must destroy the book...Alone.
(Fight vs. Unitos-Void)

Bad ending: Everyone has died but you. You cannot bring yourself to defeat the darkness that has wrenched your hope from your hands. Destiny cannot save you, God cannot save you. The world was ended by your careless hand and now, you will face judgement...
Bonus Item: Acc. The Fallens' Souls
All Stats 50

Worse ending: Your love, gone. Your life, over. There is only one more thing you must do. It is these people that killed your love. You must avenge her. You must bring them down.
(Battle with remaining party members vs MC)
Bonus Item: Magatsu-Serra's Bandanna
Def: 9999
Mag Def: 9999
(Your friends hate you when you wear this)

Horrible ending: You cheated destiny, you ignolred fate. You killed those dear to you, destroyed the relationships that they forged with you. Your violent hand has wrought destruction indeed, and as the world crumbles beneath you, I look unto you and I accept your destructive abilities. Yes, truly you are fit for this title. You only have one task to gain unlimited power: Defeat me! Lucifer: the fallen angel!
(Lucifer: Hardest boss in the game.)
Bonus Item: Fallen angel (Black Aura Weapon Model)
POW: 9999
Hit Rate: 99%
(You scare enemies when you use this)

True Ending: You saved your friends. You destroyed an immortal evil, you gave mercy to an unmerciful sinner. You are a messiah among the humans. Spread your word among them all. Your forgiveness and power rivals even mine, and I bow to you (MC's Name). You are fit to take my place. Your soul is pure, your heart is warm. You are human, but you surpass your race by millenia. Never falter young one, never give up. Your word will save this pitiful race of apes and you will rule them with a gentle, guiding, hand. Congradulations, your fate is no longer in my hands. You are free...

Bonus Item: Messiah's Cloak
All stats + 9999
(ALL your party members will die for you.)

Last edited by Cram on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:20 pm

.sickling. wrote:
While it is nice that you took inspiration from Persona 3/4, obvious references are a no-no. Lucifer, for instance. While he IS a religious figure, it's just way too obvious that he was taken from Persona. And the name of almost every single healing item (Morsels? Come on, now...)

We need to "de-Persona-fy" this concept, although I do like the new classification system (Benevolent/Renegade/Intelligent), it makes things much simpler. I just hope it isn't taken from anything.

Anyway, "the time has come" to actually start programming and working on this thing. Anybody whose computer is fit for RPG-Maker should download it (Most likely Jimmy or Brandon), and begin progress. Info, input, and output can be put onto this thread.

actually the endings seem more like Nocturne, not Persona, Lucifer included still the same however (so no, not ripped from Persona, just SMT games in general)

I don't see too much wrong with using mythology and such (if you really want, we could simple just change it from Lucifer to The Devil, but that sounds so...pathetic when you're supposed to be facing the master of hell itself)

some other parts of the game are what I think need to be de-SMT-ified Luicifer can stay, but yes, change the rest

and which ending is the dynamite rabbit? don't tell me it's the True Ending
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:28 am

Actually, Lucifer is prevalent in MANY other games besides SMT. Seriously. About 100 other games have Lucifer in it so I have no idea what the problem is. (I'm going with The Inferno Lucifer btw)
However, if you are confident you have a good idea, please tell me.
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:50 am

uh, how bout adding figures from other religions too, and not just chrisitanity? like dieties from mythology.

oh, and btw, my character's called tina, remember? not kiki (for once XD )
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:12 am

kiki.i wrote:
uh, how bout adding figures from other religions too, and not just chrisitanity? like dieties from mythology.

oh, and btw, my character's called tina, remember? not kiki (for once XD )

that sometimes isn't the best idea, especially when mixing in gods who have similar roles in each religion

Messiah&Zeus
Lucifer&Hades (you get the idea)

besides, when it gets down to actual SUMMONS, I doubt we're using any mythology (translation: time to get original...somehow)
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 pm

:cough: lucifer and hades are not alike. hades is lord of dead, lucifer is ruler of hell and a devil.
i was thinking we use gods/godesses from other religions (maybe one specific religion would be easier, huh ^^; ) because (me, to be specific lol) don't really like the idea of using specifically christian figures. unless we get to beat lucifer up then that's a different story XD

still, i think other religions might be something to at least consider, since there are some dieties that don't have similar roles to someone else. it was just an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:21 pm

No they aren't the same, but think harder:
Land of the Dead, and Hell...they just don't go together, really it contradicts since in Greek mythology the Land of the Dead holds both the good and bad (just with separate fates but in neighboring areas) Hell holds...well, I think this is pretty obvious. unless you were to say hell were simply half of The Land of the Dead, it still doesn't work out since that would make Lucifer Hades' subordinate...just isn't really working for me (that and they normally have the torture in Greek Mythology fit the crimes or sins done during life, in Hell it's just fire and brimstone)

eh...well, it sounded good without the technicalities

And YES you DO get to beat up Lucifer (in Cram's original idea) so there's a plus
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:25 am

ACTUALLY there are a lot of different punishments in Hell depending on the sin you're convicted of. E.g. Avarice is punished via "the wheel" I think, and one of the other sins is punished by "quartering" and while there is one that is punished by brimstone, there are many different punishments in Hell for the crimes you have committed.
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:50 am

VVO-The obsessor wrote:
ACTUALLY there are a lot of different punishments in Hell depending on the sin you're convicted of. E.g. Avarice is punished via "the wheel" I think, and one of the other sins is punished by "quartering" and while there is one that is punished by brimstone, there are many different punishments in Hell for the crimes you have committed.

still, the image portrayed by each is still different (and there are many ideas of how Hell is exactly, The Land of the Dead being one of them)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Info off the top of my head   Random Info off the top of my head Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Info off the top of my head
Page 1 of 1