Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-25

THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:46 am

[[ooc: BRAIN FARTS FTW! -fail-]]

Kaida felt her fingers tingling with a light, tickling heat as she walked. She didn't particularly like using magic to heal, really. The sensations that washed over her tended to distract her where she couldn't afford to be. Moments such as the one she was in, truth be told. The girl already knew that she was in a delicate situation. Doing something wrong would set off another flurry of rumors that would have been troublesome to beat down. Especially with such...awkward circumstances. Kaida patiently awaited for an answer, and glanced over towards Miro once he began to speak again.

'His temperature...increased...' the girl thought in her head. Miro was doing that on a regular basis as it seemed. The girl resisted the overpowering age to check Miro's temperature. Maybe he was the one that needed medical attention. If she didn't know any better (and it was actually doubtful that she did), Kaida would have said she was feeling...and then she wiped her mind without making it visible. She didn't want to assume that she was something she didn't understand...and somehow, even in her head, that didn't make sense. The dark-haired youth raised an elegant eyebrow in uestion.

"Is there any reason why I should be fearful? I apologize for any possible offense, but I have yet to observe you perform any heinous deeds..." she replied with a soft voice. The other boy looked to be confused and flustered. Confusion was an emotion that Kaida was used to dealing with. Patients often didn't understand any medical jargon or what diseases could potentially murder. And then, he spoke again. Her expression remained the same for a moment until Miro finished his request...

..and Kaida didn't have an answer. She remained silent for a moment as her mind ran through the question time and time again from different perspectives. Pink eyes looked confused for a moment longer, and Kaida tried hard to come up with an answer. Her mind couldn't find one. Such a simple question was unbelievably hard to come up with an answer to. Kaida hesitated a moment longer before choosing her words carefully. "I am not...certain. My understanding does not reach to what I feel within your immediate proximity. It is...quite a difference from what I experience with others."

It was all that she could really do. Kaida didn't understand the idea of emotions apart from the basics. After all, in a world where she had never once referred to her so-called father as "father" and her parents refused to acknowledge each other as significant others at any point in time, one didn't get much chance to understand emotions. In her deprived life, Kaida hadn't had the ability to grasp anything more than happy, sad, anger, hurt...certainly nothing more complex than what could be felt in an instant. "Forgive me. I lack the comprehension and knowledge to answer fully..."

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:46 pm

ooc: wow, a couple days away from internet and i have no idea what just happened... ^^; eh, not to be rude but could someone refresh my mind...? ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 pm

[[poc:: Uuuh, well Kaida and Miro are near the dorms having a moment. Serra and Effrin just took out a wave of people after Batou came in on the scene, aaaand everyone's on break...as far as I know.]]
Back to top Go down
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:43 am

VVO-The obsessor wrote:
[[poc Uuuh, well Kaida and Miro are near the dorms having a moment. Serra and Effrin just took out a wave of people after Batou came in on the scene, aaaand everyone's on break...as far as I know.]]

(ooc: actually I think I need to get Kudo OUT of the library then he'll be on break...for his importance is LATER [in this forum's terms and speed, meaning completely not important as we hardly ever get too far in RPs...or if we do they tend to fail as random crap comes out] Stuff from VVO, .sickling., and myself are no exception. Basically...unless by some miracle we progress THAT far, he's not important)

There seemed to be a rather disturbing gust of wind throughout the halls and Kudo ventured on, looks like the ruckus he had heard from earlier had gotten larger. Still nothing to worry about, it'd most likely be completely over with by the time he reached the library. Kids these days, casting random crap to show off, take things more seriously than they should, just for the hell of it, or to give the false sense of security to themselves that they can protect themselves while harming others. It was almost a disgrace to him to most likely be a relatively close age to whoever casted that annoying breeze. Just a weak "Malestorm" if his memory served him correctly. But then again, since nothing else seemed to be brewing up. What was bothering him MORE were the small number of kids in the halls that stared at him suspiciously, as if they just knew he didn't belong here. Who was he kidding? He didn't even have a bookbag, of course he didn't belong here. Due to the number of students skilled in techniques to protect themselves, security measures were slim to none.

The library was pretty empty, it was during the middle of class so this wasn't a surprise. Even the librarian was rather busy doing some work to take notice of Kudo. With an easy manual search (with everything so organized in this relatively unused library) he found the book to learn the little spell the bully had performed for him earlier. The mechanics of the spell were all laid out in such a way it was easy for Kudo to memorize. There were quite a few things he learned as far as the colors and shades of visible light in correlation to the spell. It was interesting; the book explained how the shades of light seen by the user actually changes by the difference in power between the user and target. The matter of ultra-violet also explained some flaws in the spell; if the target is so irregular that the difference in power between the user and target, the spell will default the user too recognize it under a ultra-violet shade. The problem is, ultra-violet light is invisible to naked eye and therefore will simply appear to be completely unknown to the user. Besides learning this spell, there was an ominous door that literally seemed to reek with evil...if it was even possible to reek of evil. Kudo himself specialized in dark magic, but this was different. He'd let it go for now, but it really bugged him....

The bell rang, which was Kudo's cue to get out of there, he'd had enough "teaching" and "learning" for one day. "And to think people spend each and every day in a place like this." Instead he decided to check out how the dorm rooms were ( boy's side only of course) and went out to blend in with the rest of the kids. It didn't take long, he found the boys dorms and went into a room that seemed to be empty. There wasn't a single piece of furniture save a trashcan which had a few broken condoms in it. (naturally Kudo wasn't the first one to find out this room was unoccupied) Outside the room there was a nearby exit in case he got bored of this place. It was still rather strange that it was so empty. He'd be safe here as long as some retarded couple didn't try coming in. Pff, high school romances, just dreamers and idiots coming together as far as Kudo was concerned.

(OOC: if you're a person that goes TL:DR, at least read this stuff. Refer to previously made MAP, this plan is for Kudo to stay in this room until someone ****s up the book, come on. DO EET, you know you want to. Due to forceful moving, you can see I even placed the book in the most convenient location. (what part of ominous door and reek of evil don't click?) if wanted, this door doesn't need to lead to the book, but this RP could easily be sped up if it was...in other news, SCAN, yes, now that I have explained SCAN, feel free for any character to use it, it should be standard for a good portion of them to already know this anyway...long story short, this post is relatively unimportant except the ominous room)
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:55 am

[[ooc:: Given permission by .sickling. to puppet Miro for a while. If you want to verify, go ahead and ask him. :'3]]

The rest of the walk to Miro's dorm was awkwardly silent, neither Kaida nor Miro knowing exactly what to say. A pair of pink eyes remained still for the most part, only occasionally shifting their position to glance at the boy that was walking beside the owner of said eyes. Despite all her experience in speaking professionally, Kaida had trouble figuring out what the "right" thing to say at that moment would have been. Silence shadowed overhead and the girl couldn't bring herself to break it. The silence was safe. Fragile, delicate safety. If she didn't say anything, then she couldn't offend anyone. Keeping that in mind, Kaida kept her lips shut and made virtually no sound as she moved.

Before long, the two had reached Miro's dorm, and Kaida bowed to the boy like she would anyone else, thanking him for the courtesy he was bestowing upon her. All the while, she was trying hard not to let her muddled thoughts escape her head. "My greatest gratitude for this act of charity..." the girl mumbled softly, but loud enough so that she was fairly certain Miro could hear it. A glance at his face wouldn't have told her much, but the words that Miro replied with were enough to tell Kaida that he had indeed heard what she had said.

"I-it’s nothing, as long as you’re not creeped out by—“ the boy didn’t get to finish his sentence before Kaida cut in.

”I have shared meals and board with the dead and dying, there is little that perturbs me at this point,” she claimed. It was true. There wasn’t much that could really get to Kaida as far as creepiness went. It came with the massive amounts of preparation that one went through in their youth within her family. But…that really wasn’t the reason why she had cut into the boy’s words. In all actuality, Kaida felt a little bit vulnerable. She didn’t want to be attacked in her sleep by those…things from the classroom. At least…that was what the girl had convinced herself of. ”All social morality and awkwardness aside, should the creatures from the classroom reappear, I doubt I will be capable of fending myself in an unconscious state.” Silently, Kaida glanced over the room she was in. It wasn’t quite as prim and proper as hers, but it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. Unable to think of another thing to say, Kaida bowed and gave her thanks to Miro again before moving towards the bed.

The boy didn’t get to say much in those few moments, really. Kaida had been fast and efficient in getting what she needed to say in and she wasted little time in going to the bed. Miro scratched the back of his head as he watched Kaida sit onto the mattress, shed her lab coat (had he ever seen her not wearing that?). Oddly enough, she didn’t crawl under the sheets, which Miro had really expected someone as…dignified as Kaida would have. No, instead, she balled her lab coat up, took her shoes off (carefully and without making her seem like a messy freak, of course), and then she curled up like a cat, her lab coat nestled in the crooks of her arm. Miro blinked in disbelief.

Kaida was taking…a catnap.

x – o – x Begin dream sequence

She was in a forever-familiar darkness. Kaida sighed and closed her eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Her eyes opened again, and the lights began to come on. The operating table was there, a heavily drugged man on it. She knew that man…Kaida felt her stomach sink down into her stomach. She stepped next to him, and she knew. Already. Her heart fluttered softly. Painfully. She touched his hand and it was cold. He wasn’t responsive. Kaida sighed and the room around her reconstructed into a room in the ICU as she sat down into a chair that wasn’t there before, burying her face into her hands.

”Mr. Tirrosa…why must you insist on refusing to acknowledge me…?” she whispered, her voice shaking. ”Regardless of my age, I am still your doctor…it will only benefit you to listen to me!” and now she was shaking a little. He was touch and go. Dying. That’s what happened when people did what this particular patient did. ”There is no operation that can possibly be performed that might be your salvation!”

The room faded to darkness.

x – o – x End dream sequence

Kaida awoke with a start, not completely getting up, but certainly moving a bit. The inside of her eyes were prickling with heat. Painful, painful heat. The girl trembled a bit and cleared her head of all the thoughts that were clouding her head, taking in her surroundings, half expecting to be in her own room. She wasn’t. Kaida glanced around, not recognizing her surroundings for a long while before recalling that she was in Miro’s dorm and not her own. The girl sat up and pressed her palms against her eyes, easing away the painful prickles with gentle rubs. It was that easy. Rub her eyes a little, and Kaida erased the tears she had not shed from reality.
Back to top Go down
kiki.i
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
kiki.i

Number of posts : 405

PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:43 am

ooc: uh, i really have no idea what to say so i'll just do my best...? ^^;
ic:
tina woke with a start as the bell rung, and she gathered her books to get out of the classroom as fast as possible. outside in the chaotic hallway, tina dodged past the fireballs and other attack spells that fondly marked the walls like a high school yearbook. after dumping some stuff into her locker, she took out her summons book and flipped though the pages and dodged incoming arrows as she made her way to the library.

"oh, sorry," tina mumbled when she almost walked into a boy who was dressed a lot like tina- all black (omg i actually looked at the sign up sheet for this lol XD ). the boy nodded and headed in another direction.

in the library tina poured through the reference books, looking for the spell to summon one specific creature.

"min-min-min..." she mumbled as she looked through the glossary, "ah, here it is. minor god/goddess. page 444." tina noted the "triple death" like number as she flipped through the thin pages. she finally found the page, and started reading.

Quote :
[i]there are many minor gods and goddesses throughout mythology, and some been proven to exist. not in the same context as aincent civilizations believed in; nevertheless there are minor dieties that do exist. some dieties that is simplest to summon, and are also the easiest to control, include the Greek Muses. below includes a list of greek dieties that one can ask to attack or defend.

Asclepius - healing and medicine
Erebus - chaos/darkness
Erinyes (Furies) - vengeance

the list went on forever. apparently, the greeks had a lot of minor gods and goddesses, although tina didn't believe that Eros (aka Cupid aka Amor) was a 'minor' god. she closed the book. there weren't any specific spells, anyways. she cursed silently to herself, frustrated with the lack of books with the actual summoning spells. she would probably have to bribe the librarian to let her gain access to the libary archives.

it was too bad that she couldn't find the spells right away. she knew a whole lot of kids at the school who really desereved to meet thanatos, the greek god of death.

ooc note: in chinese and japanese (dunno any other languages) "4" sounds a whole lot like "death". so that's where the "triple death" came from.
Back to top Go down
http://kiki-ishtar.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS   THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

THE CHRONICLES OF TEMPLARIA - ADVENT OF DARKNESS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2