Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dogfights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:52 am

Dogfights Banner

Hello one and all to the first roleplay on this forum to have a—drumroll please—posting minimum! Of course, seeing the words “posting minimum” have probably scared half of you away because you don’t give a damn about gaining the ability to write more, but I’m sticking to it even if I end up here with only one or two people. It’s really not going to be that high of one if you guys follow it. Now, moving on to the story, which will be in the next post because seriously? There are like…fifty posts to a page anyways. I can spend a few setting up without worrying about running out of space. And one more thing.

If you are squeamish. I suggest you get out. Now. This is going to be a darker roleplay than you guys have seen so far if this forum is all the roleplaying you’ve been exposed to.

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 am

Once upon a time

Those words don’t fit the opening to the tale that will unravel itself. No…those words are reserved for stories with fairytale endings and “happily ever after” no matter how twisted those chronicles might have been to begin with. Our tale is not of princes and princesses or fairies and love, but of a much darker, more twisted reality. The reality of rational thought and nature. There is no “and so they lived happily ever after” without some sort of hitch, and there is no meaning of “true love” and those who are of good nature will only be corrupted in the future. That is the reality that people have been forced to accept.

Our tale begins long after the corruption and tainted living begins. After the deeds are done and the sentence is given. Our tale begins deep beneath the ground, where light cannot hope to penetrate unless it is produced by synthetic materials or a false element lighting the way. Our tale begins in the underground rings, where condemned criminals and kidnapped or bred fighters and monsters are pit head to head in a fight to the death. Those who win get to see another day—or what may feel like another day. They can’t tell underground—and those who lose? Well…something has to keep the others fed, right? On a daily basis, dozens are slaughtered and monsters that give birth in litters get to keep none of their young. Those that show good traits for fighting are kept and the others are murdered and given as treats to the ones that have performed well.

This is the kind of entertainment people are willing to really pay for.

As of yet, there hasn’t been one escapee. None. Zip. Nada. Those that have tried have all been caught and killed by those that are loyal to the darkness of the rings. The others remain in check. Most of the loyal ones were born and raised in the darkness and haven’t seen natural sunlight in their lifetime. A sad and pitiful life, really. Bred to fight and kill, taught to feel no remorse, they’re supposedly emotionless freaks of nature. Only the top fifteen are allowed outside of their pathetic little cells when they're not training, fighting, or eating, and it’s not uncommon to see one replaced by another and a new elite wandering the halls. That’s just the way things work. Loud shrieks of excitement. Calls for bets. Screams of pain. Blood spatters. That’s all one really needs to know in this world.

So where do you stand?

Isiyan Lore
Silleen - the underground city
Somewhere beneath the copper baked earth and silver desert sands of Ucadius, there is a city. Silleen. It isn't exactly the first place that the average person wants to go to, as the high-end life of this city is still worse than the slums in most other places. Dimly lit by torches and the like, this city is best known for its main attraction. The ominous facility in the center of the city that looms over the other buildings known to most as "the Ring." Many condemned criminals are sent here to live the rest of their days, however much that may be limited due to the conditions. Infamous fighters come from this ring and most people are so filled with bloodlust that the fights are just a plus to their day. The entrance to the city is easily reached from the surface by means of a rather large patch of quicksand that leads to a city's river. The nearest form of civilization on the surface is Gaaolus, which is far enough so that even if a fighter does manage to escape to the surface, there won't be any way to know which way to go.

Rankings
The rankings are numbers based on popularity and number of battles. The newest fighters get the highest numbers and the favorite and best get the lowest. The lower the number, the more respect and freedom you are likely to have. When one of a lower rank kills one of a higher rank, the lower rank takes the higher rank's place and everyone under him or her moves up a rank. The top fifteen usually kill each other, since anyone beyond rank twenty usually has the sense to stay away from the top fifteen.

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 2:42 am

Gasp! A set of rules that’s specific to this thread! Surprise. More reading. Don’t like it? Get out. This is a slightly more complicated roleplay than usual, so just deal with it. I’ll be nice and put it in list format for you though.

One-No. Freaking. ONE-LINERS. Posting minimum will be one paragraph (meaning 5-7 sentences). Trust me. It’s really not that hard. If you passed the CAHSEES, you can do that. Seriously. If you get a useful paragraph, you can respond with one. This’ll only help you get better. No posting maximum.

Two-Mary-sues and Gary-stus beware. I’m out for your blood. Your character is prone to getting attacked, maimed, or killed. And no, I’m not allowing anyone play any of the top fifteen yet. Why? Because they’re too easy to make Sueish. You won’t be taking a test, but I’ll be reading your character sheet/profile, and trust me. I’m a tough cookie when it comes to characters. Really tough.

Three-Speaking of character sheets/profiles, mine will be slightly different from the others. You’ll have to put down race, abilities (no overbuffs, and clichés will have a higher chance of being accepted if there is either a drawback or a twist), and most importantly rank number. You cannot place 20 or lower for the number, but it can go as high as you want. Why? Because I don’t want people killing off one of the top 15 and then putting themselves in. Enough said. Yes, it happens. I’ll be NPCing rank 1 as needed.

Four-Finally, we have the basics of rping. No godmod, puppetting (unless given permission), killing without permission*, auto-hit, insta-dodge, metagaming, etc. Respect me and all other rpers, listen to me and if they join, tigga (since I ask him about profiles) and sickling (he actually LISTENS to my whining, so there). Last but not least, I reserve the right to change/add/remove these rules and to reject your profile. That will be all.

*Killing without permission means no killing another person's character without permission, just to clarify.

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:06 am

Modified character sheet::

Name: (bred fighters won’t have a last name)
Nicknames: (not required)
Age: (Warning. Anything under nineteen is an instant rejection. NO UNDERAGED FIGHTERS. EVER. NOT EVEN IN APPEARANCE. IT’S STUPID SUE)
Race: (…try and be creative)
Abilities: (again, try and be creative. I’ll be looking into this closely.)

Appearance: (you can add basic build here I suppose)
~~~~Hair:: (color. Style isn’t necessary)
~~~~Eyes:: (color[s?])
~~~~Clothing:: (Eeh…not necessary, really. You’ll probably have rags if you’re a fighter.
~~~~Other:: (Other features)

History: (brief background. No, don’t put something like “my parents and everyone I cared for died and now I’m emo.” Seriously…try and keep parent deaths to the bred fighters since they won’t care.)
Rank: (20 and lower are RESTRICTED. Not necessary for non-fighters)
Role: (Fighter, cremator, observer, guard, trainer…)

And even though it’s pretty straight forward, I’ll fill one out for rank one to show you how it’s done.

Example wrote:
Name: Calii
Nicknames: Calii the Killer, Kitty, Rank 1
Race: Assumed to be a low-class demon
Abilities: Enhanced strength, unsurpassed battle sense, high agility. Small forms of tetrakinesis, but only during the winter. Nothing too surprising.

Appearance: Being a low-class demon, Calii doesn’t really look like a human. More like a…furry white lynx with stripes that tried to become human. Fairly small for her species in build, she’s about the size of the average nineteen year old human boy. Her frame doesn’t show her strength.
~~~~Hair: White with black tips and stripes, much like the rest of her. It only reaches a little past her shoulders. The tips and stripes are natural. Once the hair reaches a certain age, it fades to black.
~~~~Eyes: Gold and catlike, both eyes have dark furred patches around them.
~~~~Clothing: A tattered rag for a skirt that isn’t really necessary and a tank top made of the same material that only covers the chest and slightly under it.
~~~~Other: Calii is covered in stripes and fur, but her belly is black as is her lower jaw and the front of her neck. Most of her scars are covered by fur, but she has several that show through on the areas with shorter or thinner hair. Her forearms and most of her legs are a pure black and the tips of her ears share the same quality.

History: Born and raised in the ring, Calii was bred to perfection from the former rank 1 shortly before he died. Unfortunately, they were expecting a male. Unable to produce another child, Calii was taught only how to fight and though she can speak intelligently due to her interaction with several non-fighters, has very little to no knowledge of the outside world. She doesn’t lament the fact that her parents are dead as far as she’s concerned and has very little remorse in killing her comrades due to what she’s been taught. Actually, one might say she even enjoys it, but it’s the only thing she’s ever known. What else can she do?
Role: Fighter

Simple, straightforward, and variable in terms of precision and accuracy and detail. But...more detail means I have a better idea of your character and less to say "SUE!" to.

AND KUDO INTERRUPTED MY THREAD D':<
Nooooooooo!

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

[[ooc:: Again, not for the squeamish.]]

The sounds of shouts and cheers flooded the air and clapping filled the arena as the show started. Tsukirin could hear it clearly from her cell. The auramancer had noticed something over the time she had stayed in that dark little ring. As the numbers got higher, the cells got smaller. Eventually, they reached the size that Tsukirin was in at the moment. Big enough to actually move around in. In all actuality, she had a good spot. She could watch the fight easily through the bars of her imprisonment, and as soon as one guy went down, food would come around to her first. Saliva flooded her mouth. She liked the intestines, but so did most others. It was not only high in nutrients, but also easy to eat and store for later. Besides that, it looked like a noodle. Who didn't like that? But that would mean shoving and jumping and throwing people out of the way once one of the fighters went down. Judging from the cell doors that were opening, Tsukirin already decided who the victor would be.

Not the poor sap who had to face off against Calii the Killer.

She was the number one fighter in the ring. A heartless, unstoppable machine that would rip anything apart at the drop of a hat. Not that she was foul-tempered, heavens no, for a bred fighter, Calii was pretty nice, but she was instinctive. A fierce looking man built like he could take down a Fashira stomped out of his cell, making a big show out of roaring. He couldn't see who he was facing off against. Tsukirin drooled a little. He was big. That meant more meat. Licking her lips and edging closer to the front of her cell, Tsukirin watched as the fight began. Calii, darting out of her cell, was a white blur. Anyone that blinked missed her pounce on the larger man. The fighter's claws dug deep into the man's shoulder, and he roared, trying to shake his assailant off. It was a pointless attempt. The white-furred creature clung on and mercilessly ripped into the shoulder with her fangs, ripping out the nerves and letting crimson ooze spatter to the floor. Tsukirin wanted to jump out and join Calii, but that would probably get her killed.

It was over after that. With one useless arm, there was no hope for the big man. He was down about three minutes later, Calii teeth clamping onto his neck and his life slowly trickling away. A loud thump and a silence was all that was needed. The top fifteen ran out in an instant, ripping into the arms and legs, and moments later, the cells to the next ten opened up. There was a rush as Tsukirin ran, ignoring her human body and dashing forward on all fours. The moment she got near, she focused her auramancy and hastily ripped out an intestine for herself. A trail of blood spattered after it. One of the others tried to grab for it, but Tsukirin was fierce and slapped away the attempt with another whip of light-pink aura. She snagged the meat between her teeth and retreated back to her own territory. Her cell, tearing into the meal like some wild animal. The audience roared with pleasure. Gnawing at the end of the noodle-like organ, Tsukirin pulled the rest of it in and carefully piled it in a coil off to some corner. Blood trickled down the sides of her mouth, and the flavor of meat filled her senses.

What was even better than that was the fact that rank seventeen was going to give birth to a litter of children soon. Already the taste of soft and tender flesh in her mouth made Tsukirin tear more viciously at her food. Children were sweet, and their bones were so soft, and their flesh so thin and easy to tear. Like peeling a peach and savoring the flavor. The door to her cell began to close, and Tsukirin watched as the keepers shooed the fighters back into their cages. When the crowd cleared, there was nothing left but a faint blood stain on the floor. Tsukirin took another piece out of her intestine, chewed it, then swallowed. Her eyes searched about for any hint or indication about what the next match would be. It was doubtful that Tsukirin would be placed in a one-on-one that day, seeing as she was just put into one the night before, but there was a chance. People liked watching her kill...it was thrilling.

Purple eyes looked to another side. There was no hint as to what would be going on. Tsukirin took a final bite out of her meal and placed the rest in some corner. No need to waste food. They hadn't had a pack fight in a long time. Perhaps they'd have one later, stock up on food again. There wasn't enough in one body to feed the masses. Wiping blood from her mouth with the back of her arm, Tsukirin stretched out and settled onto the pile of pillows that had been sent to her as gifts from fans. They were too cheap to get her anything else, but it was fine. Pillows were better to sleep on than the floor. Tsukirin sucked her fingers of the wet blood and then gave a contented sigh. There would be about four minutes more of relaxation before the next fight. Nobody knew who was going into the ring next, but Tsukirin could already hear some of the lower-ranked ones praying. They didn't want to face Calii or the top fifteen. They didn't want to face the psychopath they saw tear a body apart before smashing its limbless body to the floor headfirst--and yes, Tsukirin was proud of that accomplishment--and most of all...they didn't want to die. A cynical remark shot through into Tsukirin's mind.

'Everyone dies...some just die more painfully than others...' the thought had barely finished when the purple-haired auramancer gave a little chuckle. Oh how true that was...especially for the ones that were unfortunate enough to face the sadistic ones like her. How Tsukirin reveled in slowly ripping an arm away from a body, relished in the screams of pain and the spraying blood...she took a special delight in dismembering the bodies of her opposition slowly and painfully when she could. People liked to watch that kind of stuff, and everybody cheered on and on for the woman who was unafraid of death.

Last edited by VVO-The obsessor on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Number of posts : 1084

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:16 pm

The world was dark. Everything was muffled. Even when she opened her eyes, all that greeted her was darkness. Chelli awoke from an uncomfortable slumber to find her limbs bound, her mouth gagged, and a big sack tied around her head. Through the thick bag, she could hear the incoherent grumbles of a rather huge man closing in on her. No, no no... Get away! She squirmed around, trying to escape her pursuer. But the ropes tied around her limbs stayed tight. Her eyes widened in despair.

"Come on, you little worm," the man grumbled. Chelli was barely able to hear the man's words through the bag. She could barely breathe: the sack was making things unbearably stuffy. All through her life, she'd never experience anything like this. Chelli suddenly wished she could be back in the pond, the cool water enveloping her and soothing her sense. Quickly she felt herself being lifted up and carried. She really should have been thankful for the bag: the smell of the mixture of rotting flesh, feces, and other excretements were spread everywhere in the pit. Chelli only got a fraction of the stench, but that was enough to knock her out cold.

The thought of her very existence jarred the ice fairy awake. But at once, she wished she were asleep, away from this place... her sky blue eyes dampened with the coming of tears. After feeling that her limbs were unbound, she tore the dreadful bag off her face. As she did so, she noticed a black mark on her arm. Curious, she looked at it closer.

Rank 228
Was all the marking said.

W-why is this happening to me? she thought. She brushed her blue hair out of her eyes. The tears were free-flowing now, and her normally bright blue hair had become blackened with dirt and dust. The tears dripped onto the dirt floor on which she laid, mixing and making mud. The thought of her homecoming was becoming sweeter than ever...

"Chellina..." a voice spoke.

"W-who's there?" Chelli shouted, surprised. She scooted to the edge of her damp, dusty little cell, fouling her skirt in the process. "And how do you know my name?"

"Don't you remember?" the voice spoke again. Suddenly, the revelation made its way into the ice fairy.

"M-mother? How d-did you get here?" Suddenly, the cell doors flew open, and there stood a huge, imposing figure. Cherri's head spun towards the doorway. Her face contorted with fear.

"Time to play." as the man spoke, Chelli swore she could hear the sound of bloodcurling screams in the distance.

Last edited by .sickling. on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Not much time had passed. Perhaps two or three chained battles at most, but Tsukirin was already bored. Her stomach had already settled after eating yet another serving of meat, and the fighter was, quite frankly, excruciatingly bored. Purple eyes scanned the arena. They were clearing away some obstacles, actually. It was surprising. Said obstacles usually made things fun. Curious, the auramancer moved to the front of her cell again and wrapped her fingers around the bars before looking out. They were clearing the entire arena, now that she looked at it.

As soon as the arena was empty, Tsukirin heard a click and then a few others at random. Her ears knew that sound. Everyone who knew their way around the ring knew what that sound meant. A smile flashed onto the murderer's lips. That many clicks meant that several ranks were being released, and they always put new meat into the mix for these fights. The purple-haired auramancer grinned and she couldn't help but twitch a bit in excitement. Most of the new meat was being lead into the arena by a guard or keeper. Suddenly, the door to her cell once again started to swing open. Tsukirin let go of the bars and walked out with a cool and confident demeanor.

She wasn't going to die. Her eyes went to the other ranks that had been released. She was the highest. There were seven of them in total. Tsukirin recognized ranks 67, 154, and 44. The others were all new faces. She gave a toothy grin, her "fangs" having long since gone from shining white to an off-white. They were still stained with a bit of blood. Tsukirin nodded to the newbies and then moved herself quite a distance away before turning back. The ones she recognized were all doing the same. The newbies stayed together. There was silence as the experienced formulated a plan to stay alive. Tsukirin kept herself in between ranks 44 and 67, planning on one out and then the other. She started tapping into her auramancy again.

Suddenly, a loud buzzing sound filled Tsukirin's ears, and instinct made her aggressive the moment it started. It was the starting bell. The newbies didn't understand that, didn't move. But it didn't matter. They'd be the last ones to be attack simply because they were new. Everyone wanted to rank up, so wasting the effort to take down a newly captured fighter was pointless. Tsukirin sent a tendril at rank 44 first without so much as batting an eye. The pink whip-like aura went and stabbed into the man's shoulder. He grunted and instinctively brought his other hand to try salvaging his arm. Bad move. Another tendril went out in a slashing motion, moving fast enough to cleanly slice through the man's fingers. He bellowed in pain and attempted to run at the auramancer. She giggled and gave the audience a show of dodging his attack and then tearing off his left leg from the thigh downwards, keeping the appendage in the air. Tsukirin tossed it onto the fallen man, as if to tell him "this is happening. You will die."

A scream that would have chilled the blood of most filled the air as Tsukirin continued to slowly dismember the man's body, cutting the nerves when it looked like he might go into shock. He was limbless at her feet and still aware of what was going on. Tsukirin gave a hellish grin. "Only a few things I could possibly rip from you now..." Tsukirin cackled while her tendrils moved in. She tore out his appendix. He shrieked in pain. She paused and then tore something else off. His voice flew up to a high-sounding scream. "Oh, such a pretty voice. You almost stole my heart away...so in revenge, I'll take yours." and then she tore his heart out. It beat a few times more before stopping. Tsukirin threw it back at the man and it spattered against his chest. There was no scream. Tsukirin vaguely wondered if the newbies had caught on to what was happening yet. If they were going to try fighting. The auramancer was not-yet tired, though she doubted she would have the ability to move without groaning in pain after the fight concluded.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:55 pm

Before she knew what was going on, Chelli felt hands close on her arm and tighten like a vicegrip.

"NO! Let me go!" she screamed, wriggling as hard as she could. Her captor, a huge, muscled man, said nothing, but instead only grinned, as if he was going to enjoy an incredibly delicious treat. What he didn't expect though, was a little girl that could fight back. Her eyes closed tightly shut, Chelli, in her spasms, inadvertently focused her energy into her arm. It turned instantly viciously cold and slippery, like a block of solid ice, causing the man to lose his grip. The man cursed in some unknown language, and tried grabbing the ice fairy again. Chelli ran to the edge of the tiny cell as fast as she could, narrowly dodging her captor's grasp, her breaths coming fast and heavy. The man's face turned dark. As he started towards her, every footstep he made seemed like a elephant's stomping.

"G-get away!" She flailed her arms in front of her like a helpless child. The guard drew closer. He could smell her tasty scent. Eyes shut with terror, Chelli failed to notice the blue aura forming around both her arms... until something actually happened. She felt something prickly travel across her arm, and a massive icicle, sharp as a razor-tipped spear, shot out from her palms. The guard, completely caught off guard, screamed in surprise, before being cut off as the icicle impaled him through the chest. A few dots of warm liquid dabbed onto Chelli's forehead as blood splattered from the impact. There was no agonizing scream, but instead a slow gasp of breath as the last of his life left him. His body lay lifeless at the opposite corner of the cell. Chelli's eyes were wide with horror now, and she was breathing faster than ever. She couldn't stop staring at the blood-caked corpse. D-did I... d-did I just... she breathed. She had just killed another person. This was the last thing she ever wanted to do in her life... end someone else's. Frozen in shock, Chelli placed her blood-drenched hands against her face and began to cry. She cried the hardest she ever had in her two-hundred and one years, and wished to go back home. Chelli didn't want any of this anymore... what did she do to deserve it? The sounds of her sobbing filled the empty cell. The footsteps of more guards filled the hallway, and in no time at all 3 guards of the same massive physique entered the cell. One of them muttered as he saw the other guard's cadaver.

"Holy damn... she got Cecil..." one of the guards whispered, staring at his impaled body. The icicle had already begun to melt, mixing water with the man's blood. The others grunted and snorted with laughter.

"Nah, he deserved it, that's what he gets for stealing my chicken leg," the biggest man hooted, grabbing a sobbing Chelli by the hand. Chelli tried squirming again, but her act didn't work this time. The guard landed a swift blow to her head, and her world went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelli weakly opened her eyes. Her head was painfully sore, and she could feel the crust from her tears on her cheek. She looked around, and found herself in a huge ring with several other people that looked around her age, with thousands of cheering people populating the sidelines. The others closer to her seemed petrified, too scared to move as their legs shivered in what seemed to be fear. The noise of their applause was deafening. Chelli put her hands to her ears to block out the noise, but in doing so she caught a glimpse of two combatants in the middle of the arena. There was a violet-haired woman, and a rather gruff looking man locked in combat. Chelli watched in horror as she watched the violet-haired woman tear one of the man's arms clean off using seemingly nothing but thin air. A wild roar erupted from the audience. Blood gushed in torrents from the man's former arm socket, quickly making a sizable puddle of blood upon the dirt. The severed arm lay on the ground, still twitching. Chelli's eyes rolled into their sockets, and she vomited all over the floor. What happened next were mere blurs, and finally the woman stood victorious over the man's motionless body. Chelli collapsed, too weak to move. The ground greeted her eagerly, as her soft body hit the floor with a soft thump.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:33 pm

The newbies weren't moving. One of them looked pale, and collapsed. Tsukirin gave a soft chuckle and wondered who they had been watching while taking a few steps away from the dead body on the floor. There was still one other person that had to be dealt with. Purple eyes found rank 67, and a grin formed onto Tsukirin's face as the beast noticed the body of one of the higher ranks dead on the floor, still spitting blood every so often. It gave a shriek and sent a ball of fire at Tsukirin. She dodged it, but it had singed the tips of her unkempt hair. The auramancer scowled. Another ball of fire shot at her, and Tsukirin didn't move to dodge. Instead, she focused her tendrils and smashed the ball of flame, causing it to burst into a strange spread around her. It looked as if it had made contact, and in some areas, the fiery tongues had indeed licked and scalded Tsukirin's skin. She ignored the light pain and took a step out of the fires. Her eyes sparked with entertainment and blood lust.

"Good try, you actually singed me a bit," Tsukirin sneered while taking another step forward. She wasn't very good at her entire auramancing business, but there weren't other Sial clan members in the ring. There probably wasn't another person that shared her abilities. The woman gave an eerie expression that practically screamed psychopath. The beast--which looked something like a cross between a griffin and a wolfae now that Tsukirin thought about it--lunged at her, clipping her with one of its wings before she could react. Blood slipped down her cheek from the shallow gash on her face. She was actually impressed. Before she could turn around, Tsukirin was rammed from the back and sent flying several feet forward, skidding to a stop. She grunted, spat out some blood and got back to her feet, albeit her back still throbbed dully with pain. Unfortunately for rank 67, Tsukirin was pissed. Her aura became a more vibrant pink and became obviously visible. The beast tried its tactics again. Such tricks rarely ever worked twice on the higher ranks. Unable to target just one leg, Tsukirin simply lashed out at all of them. The tendril sliced through three of them, sending the creature toppling to the floor. It attempted to fly at the higher ranked fighter, but the auramancer's anger had overcome her desire to cause pain. As the beast neared, Tsukirin turned slightly, grabbed the remaining front leg, held onto it, and let her aura do the rest.

The only thing that wasn't littered on the floor with a shower of blood was the leg that Tsukirin was holding. She was about to turn her attention to the other fighters when a bell sounded and the auramancer swore. A pack of Aekuro were released into the ring, all of them angry and vicious. Tsukirin moved behind the newbies and used the stupid ones as bait while heading for a wall. They couldn't sneak behind her if there was a wall, meaning they couldn't entirely surround her. True, she wouldn't be able to run, but really? If you had to run, you were already screwed in the world the Ring represented.

[[ooc:: Short post is short. Ew.]]
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:39 am

Res watched from the sidelines, slightly amused at the battles unfolding before him. Rank 24 had managed to kill a whole group of fighters, but that was no less than he had expected of the bloodthirsty Shredder. She was talented: the assassin would give her that, but still no means top 15 worthy. Those fighters were annoying, even for someone like himself... but he doubted even all of them combined could take him down. Res's eyebrow widened as he saw the severing of almost all of Rank 67's legs, and then its brutal death by Rank 24. The audience erupted into cheers at her victory.

"SHREDD-ER! RANK TWENTY FOUR! SHREDD-ER! RANK TWENTY FOUR!" the audience boomed, in a rather sloppy chorus. Res pulled his hood tighter over his ears: if there was one thing he hated the most in the pits, it had to be the idiotic audience. They were a whole pack of mangy, slobbering meatbags that simply liked killing their own species. The assassin never understood that fact about sentient organics. Wasn't that against the purpose of life anyway? Res's muses were interrupted as the all-too-familiar pack bell sounded out, signaling the release of some other beasts just as vicious as the fighters. Res never found this part about the Ring interesting. Without wasting any time, Res stood up and silently slipped out of the seats of the Ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of a bell ringing jarred Chelli into semi-consciousness. When she opened her eyes, the world was merely a collection of blurred colors and fuzzy shapes. Chelli weakly pulled her body upright, barely able to sustain her own weight. As her legs shook in an attempt to stand upright, she heard the bloodcurdling screams of someone behind her. Instantly, the haze clouding her head lifted, and Chelli spun around to see the source of the noise. Then she wished she hadn't turned around at all. A vicious-looking beast had tackled one of the people behind her, and was now proceeding to rip out his throat with terrifying eagerness. The beast was certainly a horrifying sight: it had a snake-like torso and lower body, scales glistening with blood. The upper half was so horribly demented and gruesome Chelli couldn't describe it. The monster sunk its teeth into the man's jugular: there was a piercing scream, and dull tearing noise, and then the victim was silent, dead. Chelli's eyes widened in fear again, as she slowly stepped away from the feeding monster, which was now tearing the corpse apart and devouring it. Blood still seeped from the gaping wound in the man's neck, slowly forming a pool of blood around the body. The beast roared as it continued to feed. As Chelli continued to step backward, it was only a few steps before her back bumped into something solid. She let out a yelp of surprise before quickly turning around. Behind her, was one of the beasts she had seen earlier, growling and staring straight into her with its bloodshot, piercing yellow eyes. Uh... uhh.... uhh.... Chelli mumbled, taking tentative steps away from the creature. As she turned around to break into a run, the beast sensed her fear and tackled the fleeing girl and pinned her to the ground. Chelli screamed in terror, flailing her limbs uselessly against the monster. The beast roared triumphantly, having caught its prey. There was a momentary pause, before the monster lashed out and sunk its razor-sharp teeth into Chelli's shoulder.

The pain Chelli felt was indescribable. It was as if she felt all the agony she had experience throughout her life ten times over. She screamed as hard as her lungs would physically allow her. Tears streamed down her face. She let loose another piercing scream as the beast tore out what seemed like her entire shoulder. Chelli's body rippled with involuntary spasms of agony, as she continued to scream from the unbearable pain. A strange blue aura began to surround the area around her. The aura pulsed with Chelli's agonized screams, almost as if it was absorbing her energy. Suddenly, massive icicles shot out from her back, piercing into the thick dirt of the pit as if it were no less than a block of tissue paper. The monster, sensing something amiss, roared in frustration. Ice formed on Chelli's arms, tapering into wicked points at the edges. The ice fairy, however, took no notice of these changes: her eyes were tightly shut and drenched with tears. In her mindless flailing, Chelli's arm stuck straight into the bottom of the beast's jaw, easily punching through flesh and bone and exiting through the top of its skull. Instantly, the beast keeled over and died. Chelli lay there for a moment, her breaths coming deep and ragged, before opening her eyes. Then she noticed the blade of ice that had formed on her arm, and the huge icicles sprouting from her back. The ice had already started melting off of her... suddenly a pain shot through Chelli's right shoulder: then she remembered the animal's brutal attack on her. She put a hand on the wound and felt something warm and sticky: she instinctively pulled it away, and it came off wet with dark blood. Her wound continued to expel blood, staining her once bright white shirt with a crimson red. Chelli put her hand back on her shoulder, to do at least SOMETHING to stop herself from bleeding to death.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:21 am

The chorus of screaming alternated between her rank, her nickname, and cheers for the beast. Rank 24 found that the audience was less than pleased at her attempt to survive, and the woman scowled. She was a fighter, but that didn't mean that she was anything more than a show. People were rewarded for attracting more crowds, not for ending their fights fast. Tsukirin dodged another blow, cringing slightly as a spiky appendage stabbed into her shoulder, but it didn't go all the way through. Pain shrank the aura down, but that only shortened Tsukirin's range. She swept out, knocking three Aekuro together to form a path for her as she darted out towards the newbies. On the off chance that they were strong...on the off chance that they were capable of helping. But it was a pointless hope. One was dead, one was wounded, and one was dying, torn in half with his entrails being torn apart. The auramancer stepped before the wounded one. She was the only one that had managed to take out an Aekuro from the newbies, and though there were still several more, she might prove to be useful.

Out of a desire to continue surviving, Tsukirin decided she would try and help the girl. Her lips moved and soft words came from her lips. "I'm going to temporarily shut down your pain systems and pressure your wounds. It will hurt more than anything for seven seconds." Blunt. The woman then put forth one ethereal tendril, small and made for precision work, and it seemed to work like a ghost, moving into the newbie without making a wound. Tsukirin, good at what she did, simply altered the nerves that transmitted pain so that they wouldn't move for about an hour. It would burn and sting and tear for a short moment, but it would take away the pain. It was something Tsukirin had mastered, having taken a numerous amount of wounds herself. Her back still throbbed, and now the cut on her face was starting to sting, much like the wound on her shoulder. She wiped the blood from them and licked it off her hands. It tasted coppery. Just as she applied pressure to the wounds with a tendril, another roar sounded and an Aekuro came to attack. Tsukirin wasn't able to avoid the attack. She winced as several lacerations were made on her revealed flesh and tears formed onto her already raggedy clothes.

That was the last straw. Angry and tired, Tsukirin was anything but pleased to be attacked. Still keeping pressure on the fledgling's wounds, Shredder--as the audience had "lovingly" named her--turned to face the Aekuro. Her aura pulsed, grew larger, turned more vibrant pink. It was bright at that point. Clearly visible. The one that had wounded her seemed to wear a smile of triumph. A large moved, and like a fast river current, swept up the opposing beast and sent it smashing into the nearest wall. Not enough to kill it, but enough to cripple it. It was further than five meters away. Tsukirin couldn't reach it without moving towards it, but the ones tearing at one of the dead bodies were close enough to be killed. Her teeth bared. "Stay away from my food." the violent one snarled. Three tendrils moved at high speeds, ones wrapping around the two creatures of unknown origins, crushing them together. Their spines and claws tore into each other at the pressure and their awkward shrieks were loud. The other two tendrils went to work, ripping open the beast's stomachs and letting undigested meat fall out. Pink eyes narrowed and then finished the jop, popping off the heads and then the tendrils vanished, dropping the decapitated bodies on the floor, the heads rolling to a stop a few feet away from them. A roar built up from the audience. Tsukirin ignored it. She couldn't get further than five meters from the injured one. If she stopped applying pressure, the girl could very well have bled to death, and that she didn't want until there were no Aekuro left to kill. Auramancer and fairy stood, three down, one crippled. That meant eight to go. Another Aekuro attacked, and the Sial clan member grunted, braced herself, and then lashed out, cutting the creature in half. Not enough. The girl lashed out again. The creature split down the center, and the body fell to either side of Rank 24. The audience cheered for her again.

Seven left. Tsukirin was running low on power. It was taking effort to keep up four tendrils. She moved closer to the fairy, stood back to back. It would be easier to see that way. Her eyes counted three on her side. That meant there were four on the other and one too injured to do any harm. Another one, seeing what had happened to its comrades, was wary of getting near Tsukirin. She muttered a swear under her breath and decided to be practical. Remembering there were body parts littered around her, the auramancer lifted one and threw it at a frightening speed at the wary one. It wasn't very effective. Bodies were fleshy and too soft to be of any use. Her mind remembered the dead Aekuro. She tore off a spine from the body and used that as a lance. It stabbed through the abdomen of her target. A shriek of enraged pain sounded, but its comrades were fast to attack its wounded self. The beast was down in an instant. Six left, now they were all wounded. Tsukirin was tired. Another one of her tendrils vanished. Three tendrils. Running low. Sweat poured from her skin.

"I can take down four if I run at them. Maybe five..." the auramancer thought to herself. Her desire to survive overpowered her good will. She stopped applying pressure to the wound and dashed at the Aekuro, disappeared in the crowd of them. Tsukirin managed to cut down two before taking her first wound. A large gash in her shoulder. She cut down another one. She took a bite to the arm and a large slice to her leg. Tsukirin panted with effort. Two tendrils left. She grabbed another one and smashed it face-first into the floor. It didn't die. The other one pierced her thigh with a spine. Tsukirin gave a hiss, but held in her cry. Never be weak. Another tendril disappeared. She smashed the skull of the one on the floor, its brain spattered in an ugly pattern on the floor. Her range shortened, aura flickering in and out of sight. She was almost done for. Tsukirin didn't retreat, shut her powers down to conserve energy, and dodged an attack. One left. One left.

She couldn't die there.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:25 am

Chelli started to feel weak. The blood loss had began to take its toll. Her tiny hands fumbled and slipped over her shirt, which was now slick and glistening with fresh blood. Her blood. The smell was starting to make its way into her nose. Chelli started to feel sick, horribly sick. Nausea crept up her spine. She restrained herself from retching once more when she felt a hand on her good shoulder. Instinctively, the ice fairy turned around, only to find the violet-haired girl staring straight at her. She leaped back a little in fright. She had seen firsthand what this woman could do. As she backed away, her foot hit something solid. Her body fell backward and thumped into the floor. Chelli continued to drag herself away.

"Y-you're not going to kill me, are you...?" Chelli mumbled, fear overcoming her senses. The blood splattered on the girl's face only made her appearance more frightening. Slowly, step by step, the woman moved closer and closer. But then, to her amazement, the violet-haired woman did not tear her limb by limb, but instead kneeled down beside her. Chelli looked at the woman, and found that she was examining her wound. It only took a few moments before she concluded,

"I'm going to temporarily shut down your pain systems and pressure your wounds. It will hurt more than anything for seven seconds." the violet-haired woman muttered. Chelli recoiled in fright. More pain was the last thing she ever wanted. B-but, but she tried to splutter, but it was too late. An intense, searing pain shot into her shoulder. Chelli had never felt anything more agonizing than this: her face contorted with pain. The bite wound? She would take that and be happy. The pain seemed to wriggle around inside her, clawing and snapping at every place inside her body. Then, as quickly as it began, the pain subsided. Chelli opened her eyes, which had been shut from the pain. Sweat dabbled her forehead, and her breaths were shaky and ragged. A blur sped past Chelli's eyes, and suddenly gashes appeared on the woman's hand.

The creatures still continued to come at them relentlessly. The woman was able to kill several of them, but her power was obviously waning. The purplish aura that had always surrounded the violet-haired woman had begun to flicker. But there were still five of the hideous monsters left, and Chelli knew that the woman, no matter how insane or powerful she was, could handle them in this state.

The pain having almost completely left her, and a new bravery instilled in her soul, Chelli stepped in front of the woman, arms outstretched. If you want her, she whispered, You'll have to get past me first! The icicles sprouted from the ice fairy's back, sharp as razors. The familiar blue aura surrounded Chelli, and the air suddenly grew noticeably cooler. The monsters slowly formed a circle around the two, noticing the strange occurrences that had taken place over what they thought was their prey.

"COME AND GET ME!" Chelli screamed. The beasts heeded her call, and they charged her all at once. Chelli felt the energy spike in her arm: a massive blade of ice erupted from her hand. One of the beasts was a bit too eager, as it broke away from the rest of the back and leapt straight at Chelli, longing for a bite of her soft flesh.

Normally, Chelli would be too scared to do anything at this point. But now, she felt like she would do anything to protect the woman that saved her. As the beast flew closer to her, Chelli thrust her arm forward into the monster's throat. The ice easily sliced through the beast's tough flesh, instantly severing its head. Blood flew everywhere, splattering Chelli with torrents of the crimson liquid. The head fell to the floor with a sloppy thud, and its decapitated body still flailed around as if it were tangling with another unknown beast.

Now there were 4 left to go. Not having noticed that her blue aura had strengthened in intensity, Chelli couldn't wait to gut these pups: countless icicles sprouted along her entire arm. Without a moment's notice she hurled the blades at one of the monsters, creating a blizzard of ice. The monster was too slow to react as its body was peppered with the projectiles. It quickly fell over, dead, a pool of its own blood forming around it. Three left to go. The last members of the pack took notice that the rest of their comrades had all died: and they changed their tactics accordingly. One of the beasts charged directly at Chelli, while the others leapt at her from the side. Chelli panicked: now she really didn't know what to do. Instinctively, she curled into the fetal position, hoping for the best.

Pleas e, mother. Do anything you can to help me...

The icicles on her back suddenly realigned themselves to point directly at the two beasts lunging at her flank. Unable to change their course, the monsters found themselves impaled on two massive icicles. Their spines were crushed instantly: they made no struggle and muttered no noise as they met their relatively painless death. Realizing her unmangled-ness and relative lack of pain, Chelli slowly stood up, taking tentative glances around her. She gave a tiny yelp of surprise when she noticed two large monster corpses impaled on the giant icicles on her back, but then realized she couldn't do anything about that now. There was still one beast left.

Speaking of beasts, where was the last one? Chelli couldn't seem to find it anywhere. She scanned the entire arena, and found nothing, until she heard a piercing roar to her right. She pivoted, and out of the corner of her eye a dark blur sped towards her. Chelli attempted to dodge the beast, but she was too late. One of the creature's spines managed to run itself through her chest, goring her.

A small gasp left her mouth as she fell to the ground. The icicles on her back shattered into tiny fragments. The audience roared in applause. As her body crumpled, she felt a glimmer of happiness. If she died, she would be away from this horrid place. If she lived, she would still be in this hellhole. The line started to become horribly blurred. Her vision started to blacken. She wasn't dead, but she soon would be.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:49 am

One left, one left.

The thought kept repeating itself in Tsukirin's head as she dodged another one, doggedly moving forward. Her breath came short, her head swam. Blurry. Colorful. Sparks. She couldn't breathe. She tripped over one of the numerous bodies littering the floor. A mistake she would normally not have made. The fighter glanced over at the fairy. She'd taken her fair share of damage, she was fighting abnormally well for a newbie. Tsukirin jumped to the left, barely avoiding another attack. Her muscles screamed in protest. She owed that delicate little frame her life. One left. The wound in the other girl's chest was bleeding. One left. The audience cheered.

They wanted to see the fight end with one person standing. Something inside Tsukirin's mind snapped. She found herself suddenly hateful of the audience, despising every cheer they made for the Aekuro, hating the fact that they had egged everything on. The auramancer's aura returned, weak and barely able to form a single extension. It was only seven feet, but it was enough. Anguished, Tsukirin used the last of her strength to lift the Aekuro from its place on the floor. The audience went wild and began to chant for her. Their voices merged into an ugly screeching harmony. Tsukirin squeezed her eyes shut in irritation. There was silence now. She hadn't done anything. it was uncharacteristic of Shredder to stop when she was on a rampage. Whispers. Had the fighter grown soft? Anything but.

"Let's see how you like it..." the hateful fighter muttered. The stinging pain from her wounds, the agony of her muscles, the blood from the newbie. The last vestiges of her strength went into flinging the still living creature into the stands. There were shrieks of terror as the bystanders were attacked, the guards were fast to react, hastily subduing the untamed beast before turning their attention to the auramancer. They wanted her to suffer. Too late. She'd already done that. Her bones ached, but she moved to the fairy, saw she was still breathing, and then lifted her up, managed to walk a few steps, and then abruptly felt her legs buckle beneath her. The last thing Tsukirin saw before starting to black out was Calii--who, despite being Rank 1, was compassionate towards her fellow surviving fighters when they weren't fighting--running to catch and drag her to the infirmary. As long as Calii gave the recommendations, then someone might be willing to patch up the more serious wounds. Why? Because when Calii asked, it was either you gave it to her or had teeth and claw marks where they ought not to have been.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Elrich Sanque was finally done with his three-day survival practice. He left the Llanwar forest and headed back toward his home. He left behind the wooden knife he had sharpened with shattered rock fragments. It was a good trick, and was easily repeatable so there was no need to keep the knife. Using his ability to see the flow of mana, he could tell if the mana was flowing smoothly through the knife, making a knife sharper than what most people could make with wood. He rubbed his eyes and wished he could use them but focused on his nest task of getting home. It would take Elrich another day just to get there.

Unfortunately, Elrich's three-day survival training would turn into a lifetime survival mission. Just then, Elrich heard noises coming from behind him. He quickly turned around and fell into the Sanque's trademark fighting stance but it was too late. One of the men had snuck up behind him and grabbed him beneath his arms. Normally, Elrich could have dealt with these people just fine but he had left all his equipment and weapons back home. He struggled to get out of the man's grasp but to no avail. He could see a second man approach him with a club and his world turned black.

Elrich awoke to find himself in a prison cell and he looked out of it to see a group of people fending off some weird creatures. He looked around his cell again and a something caught his eye. On his ankle was the number 237.

Just then Elrich heard a scream and Elrich instinctively covered his eyes. He felt the spatter of blood across his side.

He hadn't covered his eyes because of what he saw. He covered his eyes because, due to the high concentration of mana in blood, if the blood got in his eyes, the mana would be like a blinding light to him and his blind eyes would be useless till his tears got it out. He could only see with his ability to see mana and he needed it if he was to survive this dreadful place.

Last edited by DarkLink3603 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 am

[[ooc:: Permission granted from .sickling. to puppet his character in my post~]]

Tsukirin awoke to the familiar feeling of being prodded at by a stick. The "doctors" were so damn immature sometimes. The auramancer would have tried to move, but the stick poking at her meant they were doing a check-up, simple and plain. If she made any indication that she was still living, then they would use some form of healing magic on her--to save money as only the resistant ones like Calii were given actual medicine and supplies--to heal her up. She vaguely wondered who was going to be fixing her. The pretty young one with the magenta eyes and the heritage of an oriental dragon or the too-nice old man with quick wit and genuine care. There were advantages to both. The girl would fix Tsukirin faster, heal her wounds more efficiently, but the old man would declare Tsukirin in need of rest and grant her a day to refresh herself. Tsukirin wasn't sure who she hoped for more. The violet-haired one couldn't exactly pull herself through another fight and live if it was against someone too powerful. Remembering that she was still being tested, Tsukirin gave a soft grunt and swatted half-heartedly at the stick.

"Stop that..." she grumbled while immediately trying to sit up. Blood rushed to her head and her vision swam, vibrant flowers of color bursting in front of her eyes. The woman had to stop her actions to regain herself. Shortly after that, the pain began to set in. Every bone and muscle ached and hurt more than they should have, the cuts and gashes she had received had been left open and weren't disinfected yet, and her back still hurt like a mother. The auramancer hoped she hadn't sustained any permanent damage there. Purple eyes glanced about the infirmary and noted that the girl--Ms. Fairy as Tsukirin had dubbed her for a lack of a name--was awake already. Obviously. Tsukirin had been to the infirmary for more serious wounds than the ones she sported at that moment before. She inspected the new fighter, sizing her up at that moment. She wasn't bad at fighting. Not good, of course, for she had been pierced in the chest, but decent enough to survive. Brushing a few strands of hair away from her vision, Tsukirin thought back. Ms. Fairy had been using ice--had she been an auramancer, that meant she would probably be from the Glicit clan--which meant she probably had some minor control over water as well. A thought crossed the Sial-clan auramancer's mind at that moment. Water was closely affiliated to healing and life if memory served correctly. Perhaps the newbie wouldn't be so--

"AAAAAAAUGH MOTHER...!" the string of obscenities that spewed out of Tsukirin's mouth at that moment would have been enough to make even some of the worst blush. While her thoughts had been elsewhere, the dragon-doctor had come and started to disinfect her wounds without so much as a warning. The pain was excruciating, especially when unprepared. A burning sensation filled her veins as the impurities were purge, clawing and scratching at places she couldn't reach to soothe herself. After the initial shock of pain, Tsukirin was able to grit her teeth and bear with the rest. In an attempt to keep her mind off the medical treatment--and damn it hurt!--the auramancer looked around the room once more to take in her surroundings.

Calii was stretching and checking her claws, most likely to see if they had been damaged in what she'd done that day. It would probably be in Tsukirin's best interest not to try making conversation with the creature. Nobody was quite sure what might make the lesser-demon snap and try ripping out an eyeball or something just as gruesome. That was...not a risk that Tsukirin really wanted to take at that moment. Someone fighting with Calii might as well be fighting four seconds slower than she was. Another jolt of pain. They were getting around to the bad wounds. Tsukirin turned her attention towards the other fighter. Not that Tsukirin wanted to seem humane or anything of the sort, but talking to people often got them to reveal weaknesses they should not have. The auramancer hoped that she could kill two birds with one stone at that moment.

"So what's a dainty princess like you doing in a place like this?" Tsukirin questioned. "After all, rainbows don't show up too well underground, and the tea-parties here such." Oh, how heavily her words were laced with sarcasm. She swore even Calii gave a little snort of restrained laughter despite her usual composure. Still waiting for an answer, Tsukirin held back a wince as the pain intensified on her shoulder. Oh why couldn't she have been something with regenerative properties? Her shoulder felt as though it had been doused in fire and then washed with oil. The dragon-doctor didn't seem to notice, or if she did, then she certainly didn't care...
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:13 pm

"Princess?" Chelli squeaked. She tried sitting up to answer the question, but a spike of pain in her gut forced her back down again. She looked down at her chest. There was a hole in her dress where the beast had wounded her, but the skin had covered up the area. There was a faint discoloration of the scar, but beside that it didn't seem like there was much damage. It still hurt, though. But the doctors here must be incredible: her kind tended to heal wounds slower than most. Chelli leaned her head toward the violet-haired woman.

"I-I'm no princess," she responded, blushing slightly. She was a little bit flattered at the remark. Her fingers twitched nervously at her sides as a drop of sweat dribbled down her forehead.

"I'm two-hundred years old... well, two-hundred and one years old, I think that hardly classifies me as a princess. My birthday was yesterday..." Chelli sighed, looking back up at the wall again. She'd even surprised herself during her previous battle, she never knew she was capable of doing such things. Normally, she'd use her powers to nurture animals by giving them water or cutting fruits from a tree, but never to end lives. But weren't they beast lives? she thought. If she hadn't killed them, they certainly would have torn her or the other woman's throats out.

"I-I think I was captured, I don't really know what happened..." Chelli replied. "I came from a lake. From where I come from, it's nothing like this," Chelli doubted if any place in the world was like this. "The water is crystal clear, the trees are always green, and-"

Then Chelli remembered how much she wanted home. She choked on her words, then quickly rolled over. She didn't want the other woman to see the tears streaming down her face. "P-please, I don't want to talk about it..."
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:42 pm

So, the girl was--wait, what? She was old! Very, very old! Tsukirin, being in her twenties, had yet to mature as an auramancer, as most didn't even gain their first power boost until they were just about thirty. That would be when her clan mark came in with all the glory of the Sial clan's lineage...not that she particularly cared. Like she was going to live that long being where she was. The woman listened to the newbie's words, and when the blue-haired girl turned away, she almost burst out laughing. Was this the best that the keepers could gather those days? Another searing pain made her give a soft grunt before she even started replying to who was apparently almost ten times her age.

"Poor baby, born and raised in the shelter of a lake," Tsukirin growled. Her leg started to tingle. A sign that she was healing up. Tsukiring braced herself and continued her words. "Better learn how to make those tears disappear for good, cause you're here now, and people like us could care less if you're homesick for that little paradise you just described."

Tsukirin had never known paradise, nor had she known anything much better than a few villages. Tsukirin's father had been a Sial clan auramancer, which was what gave Tsukirin her own lineage. There were no half-breeds, there was no "diluted blood" of any kind when you were an auramancer. The truth was, you either were one or you weren't. That was the simple fact of the matter. Tsukirin's father had raised her as an auramancer since birth, taking her left and right to practice with her abilities. But without maturing and gaining her clan marking, there was no way that Tsukirin's tiny aura would have been able to form anything more than she was doing at that moment. After she got old enough, her father wanted to send her to the place where all auramancers originated from. Indukus. But of course, Tsukirin had to go there on foot. A smile crossed her face at the memory.

"Now, see, most people here are like me and Calii over there. Calii was born and raised here. She knows this place like the back of her hand," at that the fighter in question gave a little mock-bow, but was fast to return to her previous engagement. Tsukirin chuckled softly and then continued. "And I'm a dead woman walking. Sentenced to death two and a half years ago for the mass slaughter of a village of Citra clan auramancers, though I'm sure that trail of bodies behind me couldn't have helped my case." Tsukirin gave a cocky smirk as she tilted her head slightly. "As long as you're here, you belong to the Ring, and believe me. We don't pay our debts here. You might have helped me back with the pack fight, but if we ever end up facing each other directly again..." the auramancer let the fragile thing finish the sentence herself. Mental torture was so much better when it was left to the victim to torment themselves. Tsukirin felt something cool being slathered onto her closed gashes. Probably something to keep her from scarring, though knowing the Dragon-doctor, it was more of a precaution than anything else. Tsukirin hadn't scarred since she became one of the favorites because of Kalong's careful treatments.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:47 am

Elrich Sanque was horribly confused and even though he was twenty three, he was scared. He didn't understand a thing that was going on. He sat trapped in his cell watching as people were killed in some of the most gruesome ways he had never imagined.

Just then, his cell door opened. He stood up immediately and backed away.

Elrich knew what was coming. He was watching what was going on and knew he was about to be forced into a fight. He didn't want to die.

The handlers came and grabbed him and forced him out of his cell. They threw him into the ring where there was another man. This man was supposed to be rank 230.

Elrich did not want to kill someone for no good reason but then, a wicked smile had spread across 230's face therby proving his lack of innocence. The man must have noticed his eyes; he thought he was going up against a blind man. Elrich would play along until he could find a way to win.

Elrich had a few advantages. His ability to see while looking blind, and his body's resistance to magic. He was still affected by it but not as much as others. He had met another person from his same bloodline who was completely resistant to magic. His name was Llyud and the two had trained in various forms of martial arts. The two didn't have to worry about learning to manacraft and so spent a long time practicing. The final advantage he had was his ability to actually fight blind. He was born blind but his ability to see mana hadn't manifested until later on. Before that happened he practiced fighting using his other senses. Elrich hoped these advantages were enough.

Elrich could see mana being consumed by a ball forming around the man's hand. He was starting to cast a spell. He could tell due to the abscence of mana as it fueled the magic. Elrich quickly dashed forward and tried to knock 230 onto his feet but the spell was finished and he was hit square in the chest by a fire spell. Elrich flew backward and skidded along the floor and he could hear the cheering of the crowd. He could also hear the yells of triumph coming from his foe and he saw a man reach for the controls to open the doors so he could be harvested for food, but Elrich was far from dead. He pulled himself off of the floor and he heard the sudden inhalation coming from members of the crowd. His shirt had been burned away and his chest was burned, but not too severely. It was till enough to cause a lot of pain though. He slowly walked behind the man and tapped his shoulder.

Elrich threw his whole body into the one hit as his fist connected straight into the man's jaw. The man was thrown back ten feet and Elrich knew the man's jaw would be shattered. He waited for the man to stand up but it didn't happen. He went over to the man and kicked his chest but 230 was wide awake. He turned toward Elrich and fired another spell at him, this time an ice spell. It would have hit Elrich's face...if he was there.

Elrich had seen the spell being formed and had already jumped back. 230 stood up with a look of frustration and Elrich heard the yells from the crowd. He ran forward and tried to land another blow but it seemed 230 had some unknown advantages, too. He jumped to the side and used Elrich's momentum to throw him forward. Elrich curled into a ball and rolled to end up standing facing 230. He had his right ear to the man and listened. He used his ear to make 230 think he was trying to hear his position. Elrich could barely hold in a laugh as he heard and saw 230 hold in his breath and try to tip-toe behind Elrich.

Elrich was ready to end the fight. He fell into the trademark stance of his family and was ready. 230 had moved to Elrich's side and brought his fist back. He began to move forward with his fist out first but Elrich ducked, grabbed the fist, and brought his own fist to the man's neck. He felt the crushing of 23o's throat and heard him weezing. The door's flew open and fighters came pouring into the ring in an attempt to get the best parts.

Elrich backed away from the gruesome scene as 230 tried to scream in agony. He was still alive but anyone knew he was more than fatally injured. The screaming stopped as someone ripped out the lungs from his chest. Elrich stood staring at the floor at nothing but a bloody stain and he vomited on the floor. A guard approached him but Elrich moved away. He had to keep up his blind act and stumbled over to a different cell other than his own before heading to his own. He heard a sound coming from it though and he felt the numbers next to the cell. It was definitely cell 237 and he checked his ankle, feeling it for the bumps coming from the numbers. The number 237 was no longer there and was replaced by the number 230.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:56 am

Chelli flinched at the woman's harsh words. Her tears continued to come fast and hard, seemingly coming from a limitless well inside her body. She once thought the woman would possess some shard of compassion or kindness... now Chelli knew she was dead wrong. She uttered nothing as she curled up into a helpless ball onto her cot.

"J-just leave me alone..." Chelli sobbed, tears still flowing down her cheeks. The violet-haired woman's last sentence was particularly venomous, and dug into her like a deep gash. She couldn't imagine fighting such a terrifying warrior. The way she slaughtered her enemies, and ripped them to pieces, literally. An image of her own body parts lying in a random pile managed to squirm its way in Chelli's mind. It was only after she thought of the violet-haired woman's face, splattered with her blood, did Chelli begin openly bawling. She started crying rivers: the tears wouldn't stop coming.

She didn't care anymore. Chelli didn't want anything anymore, except to go back home, more than ever before. Chelli was so distracted by her sorrow that she failed to notice the ominous figure looming over her. There was a sharp pain as she felt the syringe pierce her skin, then she fell silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelli awoke to find herself in her usual tiny cell. Some hay had been hastily spread across the ground instead of a hard metal floor, which provided some comfort... but not much. Chelli could still feel the remains of her last crying spree in the form of hardened tears on her cheeks. She looked down: her clothes were so dirty, she could barely tell if they were blue, or even hers, for that matter. Chelli brushed her dirt-caked hair out of her eyes and sat up. There was still a smudged bloodstain in the corner where the guard had been slain: it looked like they had tried to clean it up, but had done a terrible job. She tried to avert her eyes from that area. Suddenly, she heard a ear-deafening applause coming from outside of the bars from her cell: Chelli instinctively rushed over to see what the commotion was all about.

Two combatants were making fury sparks in the arena. One of them appeared to be a magic user. Dressed in rags, and a disturbingly maniacal look spread across his dirt-trodden face, the magi hurled fireballs and projectiles of various elements at his opponent: although with rather poor skill. The other man seemed odd: his movements were strange and uncoordinated, yet he managed to dodge all the blows with relative ease. Then Chelli took a closer look: the man's eyes were empty and pale, as if they were portals to an abyss. The man was blind.

Yet blindness did nothing to hinder the man at all, since he defeated his opponent with a swift blow to render his other unable to fight. As the man choked on his own blood, the gate Chelli peered through suddenly flew open. She leapt back, surprised, until she noticed the plethora of other fighters rushing towards the fallen fighter like a pack of hungry wolves rushing to a meal. Then, she realized that's what exactly what they were. Chelli couldn't bring herself to watch a person be devoured alive, she quickly turned around and hurried back into her cell. Moments later, she heard the door shut, and the commotion died down. She felt the puttering and shifting of feet above her. Chelli took another glance at the arena through the bars. To her surprise, the audience seemed to be leaving. Two abnormally giant men entered the arena, and started sweeping the various organs and inedible bits off the floor. Chelli could hear them grumbling.

"Ugh, I hate this job..." one of them groaned.

"I know, they eat like freaking animals..." another replied.

"Hahaha, isn't that what they're trained to be? Especially that purple-haired one, what was her name again?"

"Tsukirin?"

"Yeah, that one. Damn, she's fiesty."

There was an awkward pause, then a booming laughter.

"I'd tap that," the other one hooted.

After that, the men began to spew such horrible obscenities and act so disgusting that Chelli could hear no more. She didn't want to hear anymore. She buried her head into her knees and covered her ears with her dirt-covered hands.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:03 am

Sometime between being escorted from the infirmary and to her cell again, Tsukirin had gotten into a conversation with Calii. Again. The two weren't particularly close friends or anything, but Calii seemed bored. Her fights were starting to grow limited in number, and she had nothing else to do other than talk with the other contestants of the oh-so-beloved games that everyone seemed to enjoy cheering at. In the end, Calii and Tsukirin ended up talking back and forth, and by the time that Calii left, Tsukirin had missed a fight between some newbies. Her attention turned back into the room. There weren't many gifts from the audience, though that had probably been from the little stunt she'd pulled before. True, the audience that couldn't be reached might have enjoyed it, but the front rows definitely had not. Tsukirin sorted through what was given to her without much care, tossing pillows left and right, scattering them in her cell. Gifts were all the same. "Thanks for entertaining us, here's a leftover piece of crap."

But then her hands touched something soft and velvety. Ignoring the comments of the guards that were sweeping up, unsure of whether they heard of her rank and subsequent cell change, Tsukirin blinked and fingered the material a bit longer. Velvet. It was a fine fabric that Tsukirin didn't particularly enjoy, but it was too nice to be given to a fighter. Fast like the wind, the woman snagged it up and brought it close to her while turning towards a solid wall, making sure nobody could see whatever gift it was. It was light. Tsukirin looked at it, uninterested by the black bag, but upon opening it, was surprised when two things fell out. A pretty sparkling thing and a slip of paper. Naturally, not being interested in appearance, Tsukirin went for the paper first. Half expecting to see a death threat on it, Tsukirin was surprised to see a child's scrawl on the note. She blinked in wonder. What had a child been doing in the audience? Struggling to read the scrawl, Tsukirin squinted and held the note under close scrutiny.

To Ms. 24,

Papa said that you killed Giffalnus for me today. I wanted to thank you for Momma.

Of course, the note wasn't signed, or if it had been, the father had ripped off the name, remembering that Tsukirin wasn't a mushy lovely lady. Scoffing, the woman carelessly tossed the note to the side, but didn't destroy it like she had other ones. Her eyes then went to the sparkling thing that had clattered to the floor. Carefully approaching it, Tsukirin lifted it up with her fingers at an arm's distance, cursing her inability to call out any of her aura at that moment. After a few moments of it not exploding in her face, Tsukirin brought it closer and found that it was nice. Gold, or at least something that could fool the looker-on into thinking it was gold, and engraved with patterns and embedded with small jewels. Upon closer inspection, Tsukirin found that it could be opened, so she did just that. There were pictures in it of who she assumed was the sender of the note and his mother. Tsukirin gave another scoff and tossed the necklace in the same direction as the note...

...but despite her best efforts, a smile still tugged at the corners of her lips. After a moment of rummaging through the rest of the pillows and stalking around her cell, waiting for the next fight to come on, Tsukirin paused and then looked back at the note and the necklace. She approached both again, read them again, and something in her felt...strange. Warm, almost. Having not known anything like "humanity" in far too long, Tsukirin didn't recognize what the feeling was, and assumed it was an aftereffect of the healing she'd gone through. Convincing herself that it would be nice to flaunt a necklace around, Tsukirin carefully placed it around her neck, paused after doing so, and then folded the note and placed it into the locket. Nobody needed to know where she'd gotten the pretty thing from.

Throwing herself onto the mess of pillows she'd received over time, Tsukirin sighed and buried her face in the soft fabric and stuffing, feeling the cold chain pressing up against her skin. The auramancer turned onto her back and then stared at the ceiling, apparently reflecting. Her mind wandered back to the fairy she never learned the name of. Driving people to tears was normal for someone like Tsukirin, but thinking about it afterwards? That was definitely not. Something bothered the purple-eyed woman a bit. She instinctively shut her eyes, as if that would block out the mental image. It failed. The sobbing fairy still flashed into her mind, and Tsukirin gave a frustrated shout into her pillows.

"Stop thinking about it!" she shrieked, but the sound was muffled by her pillows and probably not heard by anyone distinctly. Her hand wandered over to the necklace she'd received. The first act of actual kindness from the heart and not from duty that she had received as far as the auramancer was concerned. She opened her eyes again and stared at the ceiling, cursing the sender and blessing him at the same time before doing the same to the fairy that was plaguing her mind. "Naktayikta...those two are screwing around with my head..." the woman muttered while sighing and feeling her weight sink further into her pillows. "Well, I'm sure another fight will help me get my mind off things..."

Tsukirin mumbled something under her breath and closed her eyes to get a few hours of rest before the next set of fights started, knowing that she would probably be jammed into an impromptu one as punishment. The time between then and the start of the next fights would be enough for Tsukirin to recover at least half of her ability with the aura if she rested properly and didn't have guards harrassing her for stupid reasons. Slowly slipping into the world of slumber, Tsukirin expected to wake up mostly refreshed.

But unfortunately for the auramancer in question, her sleep was plagued by thoughts of a crying fairy and a child who she only knew by the picture and the note in her locket.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:15 am

Elrich was sitting in his cell replaying the images of his fight over in his mind. He could tell that man had probably been a criminal at some point, due to his enjoyment of flinging lethal spells around like a person throwing candy from a parade float. But, despite that thought, Elrich felt horrible. The only times he had ever killed anyone was when he had seen them perform unspeakable acts. He didn't know what that man had done. He paced in his cell and ignored the screams coming from the arena. There wasn't much room to pace though and he had to step over the tattered and ragged shirt he had gotten to replace his completely burned one.

Elrich sat down again and decided to think about something else to take his mind off of the previous subject. Many of the people here were much more dangerous than the man he had already dealt with. Plus, they probably had stronger abilities than the ability to fling spells any practiced mage could have learned in just about any school. His mind reverted back to the image of a small girl that looked like a fairy with icicles protruding from her arms and back. Elrich was able to see that because mana flowed through the ice. On the other hand, he remembered a woman tearing apart a man with something Elrich's ability couldn't distinctly make out. It seemed to use mana in some way but not completely solid, and it definitely wasn't a spell. The woman had too much control over the thing for it to be a spell. It seemed to be like an extension of her body but it was difficult for Elrich to see until she got serious or angry. Elrich remembered peopple chanting out "Shredder" and "Rank Twenty-Four."

Elrich truly wished he wouldn't ever have to fight her. With that Elrich lay on the hard floor and he felt his chest hurt. It was still hurting from being burned and some parts were oozing and bleeding a little. He wished he had gotten a higher benefit of the soul. Elrich longed for his sword. He didn't know how to fight with his fists and feet, but he knew he would have to learn.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:24 am

[[ooc:: RP CPR II!]]

Days had passed since Tsukirin's last stunt at the pack fight. Of course, it was forgotten by the next day, but the wounds she had received in the punishment fight afterwards were not. They were only bruises and marks on her skin that would disappear after a few days, but they still stung and hurt when pressure was applied to them. The purple-haired auramancer leaned against the wall of the recreation chamber. She hadn't been put into a fight since that day, though that was probably due to the dragon-doctor's orders. Being strangled half to death wasn't exactly the easiest thing to recover from. Physically or mentally. Tsukirin gingerly touched her throat again. It was healing. Her fingers brushed against the golden chain that had yet to be removed from her presence since receiving it.

Things were calmer than usual that day, which was thankful. The first chamber was filled with fighters, most of them training or simply relaxing like Tsukirin was. On the average day, Tsukirin would have been willing to go about bullying the newbies and whipping them into shape, but the auramancer didn't have the heart to do it at that moment. That or she simply lacked the motivation. Either way, she wasn't moving from her spot unless a really good reason made her. The woman flicked her bangs out of her face. The guards were keeping their eyes on her, knowing that she could just as easily rip out their eyes as break their arms. Usually, that thought would have caused a smirk to form on the auramancer's face. That day, it didn't.

Actually, in the time she'd had of not having to go out and fight for her food (as Kalong had insisted that Tsukirin was given some crappy bean to balance her diet), Tsukirin had gone on to thinking about her crimes. Sure, they were pretty gruesome now that she thought about it, but did she regret them? No! Why should she? It was just a way to prove how much stronger she was, no, how much stronger the Sial clan was compared to other auramancers. The woman fiddled with the locket around her neck. Other fighters were giving her strange stares. Tsukirin gave them the "wanna mess with me?" look before going on to ignore them. 'Wonder what the old man would say about this if he saw me...'

Probably nothing good, now that she thought about it. Tsukirin was well aware of her father's pride as an auramancer. Such a low level of existence was probably the last thing that he wanted to see any daughter of his sink to. He had, after all, obtained his fourth clan marking the last Tsukirin saw him. Where did that place him? In the top...thirty of the entire clan? Something to that extent. His auramancy was much, much stronger than Tsukirin's own. He didn't look a day over twenty-seven. Age paralysis kicking in there. The auramancer dropped the locket and looked around the room. There were a few familiar faces she recognized--though there were two or three she wished she didn't.

Some rowdy folks were in the middle, kicking and trying to beat each other down. Tsukirin was glad to ignore them. They were all within the top fifty ranks, and there was little chance that the scuffle would escalate to anything above that. Purple eyes kept looking around the room. There was a smaller fighter off in the corner, surrounded by more intimidating warriors that Tsukirin recognized as the ranks 49, 57, and 76. In all reality, she wasn't interested. They'd probably rough the newbie up a bit and then continue on their merry way. She wasn't going to involve herself in a fight that shouldn't have directly pulled her in. Just before she was going to turn her attention away from the unfolding fight, two images shot directly into her mind. The crying fairy and the boy in the locket.

Rank 49, the obvious leader, was drawing a clawed hand back. Tsukirin was fast to move. Her eyes flashed pink as she dashed, her auramancy shoving her a bit forward to gain speed. The purple-haired woman stopped herself just before the newbie, but wasn't able to pull up a hand to defend herself. Her reaction time allowed her only to turn her head as the sharp digits raked across her face. Blood dripped from the wounds. They were too shallow to scar, but they existed. Tsukirin wondered vaguely why she had moved to defend some random person. The leader jerked back, realizing too late who had been injured. Tsukirin's eyes flashed pink and she moved forward, her hand grasping the fighter's face as she used her other hand to steady herself on the wall. She slammed rank 49's head into the wall hard enough to jar the fighter, but not enough to cause any unconsciousness. Blood trickled slowly down her face. Her eyes were a deep shade of pink. "Recreation time is for training, and as much fun as it'd be to shred you to bits as practice, you're not close to my rank, and that newbie isn't close to yours. Get your head wrapped around it or I'll make you my next..."sparring" partner."

Her words were dark, and though nobody seemed to pay any mind to the little scuffle, Tsukirin made sure that it was a pretty big show. She dropped rank 49 and ignored the newbie she'd probably just saved the dignity of, moving back to where she had come from to ponder what the hell she had done and why she did it. It wasn't like she cared about the newbies...right?
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:53 am

Elrich Sanque rubbed his worthless eyes and took a deep breath. He had not been in a fight since his first one. He guessed that the people who arranged the fights thought he was badly injured from being hit by an intense fire spell. It hadn't really harmed him at all though. His body was quite resistent to magic, unfortunately, healing magic also is ineffective on him. He decided it would probably be best to train during his downtime. He had to learn to fight unarmed. He wandered into the training section and moved to a corner. He ran his hands along the wall on his way there. He still needed people to think he couldn't see.

Elrich looked around the room to see what there was to use for training but he was cut off by a group of people who he guessed must have been a higher rank than him. They walked around easily with little opposition and walked right up to him. He shrank back into the corner. He didn't want to pick a fight with people who could easily kill him. The biggest one seemed intent on hurting him. He brought back a clawed hand.

Just then, the woman who was rank 24 jumped in the way and was scratched across her face. The man who had scratched her jumped back in fright but it was too late. The girl shoved his head against the wall. The girl ranked 24 walked away and he watched. That was the same woman he had seen rip people limb from limb, and even pull someone's heart out. What could have caused such a drastic change in a woman he once thought so cruel.
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:13 am

Chelli lay silent in her iron-wrought cell. It was dark, as there were no cracks in the wall or door for any light to shine through. The air was musty, and difficult to breathe. Normally she would be hearing the agonizing sounds of the people in the Pit being torn to shreds by beasts or even other people, but for now, it was rather quiet. There were no fights today, as of yet. As she lay there, curled up into a little ball on the small lump of straw she called a bed, she wondered. She wondered when she had woken up today. She wondered what the time was. She wondered what was going on, back in her true home, back at the mystic lake. She wondered what had become of her. Memories flashed into her mind of yesterday, and the day before that one. Killing had become second nature to her. Visions of frost-covered corpses entered her mind, but they failed to traumatize or even affect the fairy. These actions would usually send her recoiling into tears, but now Chelli was indifferent to all this chaos. Killing was necessary to survive in such a world, a world known as the Pit. Suddenly, a shrill shriek pierced the air. Chelli recognized it as the recreational bell. At once, the sturdy steel doors of her cell flung open and for the first time of today, she witnessed her first glimpse of light. Slowly, she climbed to her feet, and walked outside. She was barefoot, and among her feet was a collection of filth composed of God knows what, but she didn't mind. As her dirty feet carried her outside her cell, she peered to her surroundings. Alongside her were hundreds of prisoners, or fighters, also walking out of their cells. Some of them were very young, while some of them looked so vicious they could rip someone apart with their bare arms. And not all of them were human. Still, Chelli was used to such sights. As usual, she turned left, and walked down the hallway. No light shined today from the small cracks at the top of the wall, so the pit-handlers had to rely on fire for illumination. It bathed the hall in a warm orange-glow, which Chelli liked the look of. It wasn't every day that those cracks were clogged by sand, so she made the most of it. Oddly enough, it seemed like a nice day. Even in the Pit.

It wasn't long before she reached the main rec hall. It was already filled with hundreds of people that had arrived here before her, and they were making a great deal of noise. Quickly she toned them out. Chelli had a little area in the corner where she could sit in peace whenever they had a break, so she headed there and quickly sat in one of the thousands of benches. The rec hall was huge, so it wasn't hard finding a secluded spot during breaks. She let loose a long, deep sigh, and began her work. The ice ran through her fingertips, and molded onto the table, slowly making a form. She added a little bit more here, and a little there, and it wasn't long before she was complete. There, before her, stood a small ice sculpture of a unicorn. This was one of the few ways she preserved her sanity in this place of chaos, entertaining herself with creation. She touched the unicorn at the tip of its horn, and immediately it collapsed into water. Then she started again. In a few minutes she was done again, this time it was the delicate shape of a butterfly. Chelli admired it for a few moments, before tapping it again. It promptly shattered into thousands of little shards. Suddenly, beyond her shattered sculpture, she spotted the same handsome boy, the same blind one that had won his previous bout. She looked at his hair, which was oddly in good shape, and his complexion, which also was oddly unscathed by the Pit. Soon, she found herself staring incessantly at him. She looked away quickly, thankful that he hadn't taken notice of her yet. This certainly frightened Chelli: she was taking interest in someone, and she didn't even know that someone's name... She secretly wondered if she had the courage to even talk to him.

Chelli swiped away the remains of the ice butterfly, knocking the fragments off the bench. Slowly, she got out of her seat, and started walking towards the other boy's bench. She found herself trembling, something that hadn't happened in many days. She was (mostly) unfazed by a whole day's worth of killing, yet building up the nerve to talk to someone was already breaking her down. She bit her lip. Oh, the irony... she thought, bitterly. It seemed like ages before she reached his seat, but she eventually got there, so she quickly sat down. He still hadn't seemed to notice her existence: he was looking over to his left, towards the rowdy group of fighters that weren't doing much but making noise. Even though he seemed to be blind, it was as if he could see things as clear as day... Now that she was where she wanted, Chelli didn't know what to do next. Her mind seized up. A cold sweat dripped down her forehead. Was she really this scared? Chelli tried to suppress that thought to the back of her head. Nervously, she spoke.

"H-h-hi..." There was no answer, because immediately after she finished her sentence the piercing shriek of the combat bell filled the air. The other fighters suddenly became silent. Within a matter of moments, the entire rec hall had taken on the atmosphere of a morgue. Promptly after the bell ceased its sounding, a voice rang throughout the Pit.

"There will be a ONE-ON-ONE today, folks! It's rank 220 and rank 42 in a few moments for your viewing pleasure!" Chelli shuddered. That was her number. She had no idea who 42 was, though. Completely forgetting about the handsome boy that sat in front of her, she climbed out of her seat and reluctantly started towards the arena entrance, all the way down the hall. Little did she know, that she would be facing the infamous vampire, Kaien.

It wasn't long before she reached the huge entrance of the Pit: the same familiar area where thousands of lives were ended, daily. The handlers had done a good job of cleaning up yesterday's fight: the bloodstains today were only slightly noticable. Chelli had to admit, however, she was not used to how the one-on-one matches began. Normally, there would be a brief entrance announcement, but she didn't know what happened next. Perhaps that was when the bloodshed started? Her musing was cut short as one of the guards behind her jutted the butt of a stun-spear into her back. The impact made her lurch forward, directly into the bowels of the Pit.

"Aaaannd... it's RANK 220!!!" the announcer shouted. The audience erupted into applause, cheering and clapping. Chelli didn't know what to do, so she just stood there. She probably looked quite stupid, but... oh well. It was moments before the gate on the other side of the arena opened, revealing a tall, slender figure.

"Here comes RANK 42!!!"

So this was rank 42. As the light shined on the other combatant, Chelli realized that he was ghastly pale, and his eyes were a frightening shade of red. He wasn't wearing much but the remains of clothes. Immediately, she realized that this man was not human... but what could he be? He looked so human, yet not....

"AND LET THE MATCH BEGIN!"

Chelli began with the usual. In order to gauge her enemy's strength, she normally started out with weak attacks, this one being a small blizzard of icicles. The chilling ice left her fingertips, and hurtled towards her opponent. Amazingly enough, he simply stood and withstood the attack. Icicles penetrated his skin in countless areas. The cold snap left certain parts of him frozen. Blood seeped from his wounds, yet defying all logic, he was still standing. Chelli gasped. Suddenly, the man wrenched one of the icicles out of his body, and began examining it. Then, frightening her even more, he began to laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHAA.... silly girl. It will take much more than little prinpricks to make do with me." he cackled. "I am Kaien. Remember the name well."

Kaien? That was a name given to vampires... that couldn't mean this man was a vampire, could it? He had the eyes... the pale skin... suddenly she noticed the vicious edge of the man's canines.

"Y-y-you're a vampire?" Chelli stuttered, taking a nervous step backward.

"Took you long enough." Kaien grinned. "Hopefully you live longer than your reaction time... girl. I like to have a fight before a meal."

All of a sudden, Chelli felt a cold, irony hand close on her throat and tighten into a vicegrip. Kaien was already in front of her, and had her in a chokehold. She didn't even see him coming... he was fast. She couldn't breathe at all. The world began to blacken...yet the man's hand clenched even tighter. Something snapped, and Chelli felt an explosion of pain in her throat. Instinctively, she channeled energy into her hand, forming a viciously sharp blade of ice. With the remainder of her strength, Chelli drove the edge into the man's hand. Despite being a vampire, the blade sliced his flesh cleanly, severing Kaien's hand from the rest of his arm. His grip immediately loosened, dropping Chelli unceremoniously onto the ground. She crashed into the dusty floor, spluttering, and gasping for breath. She had been freed from his grip, yet she still couldn't breathe... this was bad. The audience exploded into applause. She quickly looked over to Kaien. His hand was on the floor, still flopping about like a cheap toy... and he hadn't even moved. The point at which his hand had left his arm was still spewing blood in torrents... but he was neither writhing in agony or even had a pained expression on his face. He looked down at her, and cackled once more, sending a chill down Chelli's spine.

"You think cutting off that little bit of me will even do anything?" To Chelli's shock, the bleeding abruptly stopped. The man grunted a little bit, before suddenly, a new, bloody hand just as pristine as the first erupted from the severed limb. Kaien shook the blood off his newly grown hand, before snatching Chelli by the folds of her shirt, grinning. She was powerless to resist... after Kaien's previous assault, she felt too weak to do anything...

"I will show you eternal pain, little girl." Chelli closed her eyes. The end for her had come... after all this time. She couldn't complain about anything... really. She had fought hard, but this time, hard was not enough. She wondered what was going on back at the pond... was her mother doing alright? Were those cute little animals being fed properly? Her entire life didn't flash before her eyes, but time seemed to slow to a crawl before the pain finally came. At first, she resisted, but quickly found it futile. As Kaien sunk his teeth into her neck, she allowed herself to drift... drift off into the neverending darkness. And it greeted her with open arms. She could not hear the astounding boom of the audience as the victor of the bout was declared.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 am

Elrich sat on a bench watching as the girl ranked 24, nickname "Shredder," walked away. He then just sat on his bench thinking quietly to himself. He looked at his chest where he had been burned by the fire spell. It was mostly unmarked. His chest had almost nearly finished healing over.

Just then, he heard faint footsteps behind him but he could tell the weren't from a person who meant to harm him. The person sounded like they were trying to stay quiet but not in an attempt to blind side him. The foot steps stopped. "H-h-hi..." came a quiet and nervous female voice. He was about to turn around when he heard the shried of the combat bell and he stopped turning around. Loud noises affected most members of the Sanque bloodline due to the enhanced sensitivity of their ears. The person behind him walked away. Elrich assumed the girl was called away.

He looked to see who that person was and his mind reverted back to his first day, the day when he saw some people fighting some strange beasts. The girl was one of them. She was small and frail looking. She didn't even rise above five feet. It was hard to distinct color with his ability but he could still make out what color was her clothes. She wore a blue dress with a bow in her hair of the same color, yet they had the look of all the other clothes present in the Pit, but not as worn out and tattered. She must be new like him. She also seemed to have a bluish-grayish shade of hair...but his vision may not have been able to distinct the correct color. For all he knew, the girl could actually have flaming red hair. Elrich watched as she walked toward the ring. He found her slightly attractive the way she walked and the way her hair moved as she walked away.

Another bell rang and snapped Elrich back into reality. It was the end of the recreational period and he slowly walked back to his cell with the image of the small girl still in his mind.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Tsukirin could feel a pair of eyes on her after she left the little scene she'd caused, but every time she glanced out over the crowd to see who it was, she could see no one that would have cared apart from the newbie she had saved herself. The auramancer tapped her fingers in a frustrated manner against the wall and growled irritably to herself. She hated being watched in the rec room. The fact that she didn't know who was watching her only fueled her irritation and anxiety. The auramancer rubbed the shallow cuts on her face, wondering if it was really worth it to defend the newbie. What was he going to do for her later? He was a newbie, and there were only twenty-three fighters ranked higher than Tsukirin herself. Two of them would probably be killed by Tsukirin's own doing.

But now the woman wondered. Since the fairy had described her own home, Tsukirin had started to think about life outside of the ring. It was a natural thing. Wake, fight, train, kill, eat, sleep...it was all just as natural as breathing. Ripping someone limb from limb was just something the auramancer did on a whim, so why was she so bothered by the thoughts of life outside of the place she considered her "home"? The auramancer didn't have long to ponder before a bell shrieked and knocked her out of her thoughts. Yawning, the purple-haired fighter got to her feet, stretched, and then started walking back to her cell. Rec time wasn't over, but a fight was going to start.

Ignoring the still lingering feeling of being watched, Tsukirin slipped back into her open cell door and threw herself bodily on the pillows to watch the fight. However, when the two combatants entered the ring, the auramancer paled visibly. Her blood froze as she watched the little fairy stumble out of her place. Tsukirin pretended not to care after the initial surprise. The girl was definitely a fighter, and certainly, she was getting near to falling into the flow of the Ring, but Tsukirin could still see tat she had a ways to go before she grew into a natural killer. Her eyes followed the fight flawlessly. The fighters were slow, but that was understandable. They weren't quite up there yet. She recognized the second fighter. He was ranked within the top fifty, which meant he probably had enough experience to take down any newbie. The auramancer also recognized him as a vampire.

The fight didn't take very long, though it couldn't have been expected to. The auramancer didn't visibly flinch when the final blow was struck, and time seemed to slow to a stop as she continued to stare at the two. A numb feeling spread over her body, and Tsukirin vaguely wondered if she'd accidentally eaten a poison sac from the last meal, unaware of what she was really feeling. Time unfroze itself and there was a thunderous applause. Tsukirin simply scowled and turned her head away from the fight, not even moving when the door to her cell opened so that the fighters might get their fill of the remains. The auramancer simply didn't feel any hunger ripping at her innards like normal. In fact, she didn't really feel any appetite at all.

'Please, Tsukirin. You don't care, you're just pretending you do,' the girl thought to herself while gently blowing some hair out of her eyes. She didn't care. Why should she? The fairy had only been in one fight with her. The mental images shot back into the auramancer's head and she instinctively clutched at the locket dangling from her neck, her eyes still uncaring. The audience was roaring with pleasure, grateful for the kills. The auramancer tuned them out and chose instead to try remembering what it was like to breathe fresh air. Not the pathetic stale recycled air of the underground city. Tsukirin covered her eyes with her free arm and wondered why her body felt so heavy. 'Maybe I really did eat a poison sac...'

The door to her cell remained open as the announcer boomed on and on about the spectacular fight that was about to come forth. Tsukirin ignored the open door. It was probably just a mistake. The announcer boomed again, and this time, the words were followed by a loud thump to the ground outside. Tsukirin dared a glance, and the previous fight had already been cleared up. The ring looked exactly the same as it had before. Large. Open. Uninviting. Tsukirin grumbled something softly to herself and then there was a high pitched whine in her cell. She cringed, covered her ears, and immediately realized that she was about to be sent into another fight. Probably a one-on-one. Tsukirin gave a mental groan and the shoved every thought in her mind to the side for the upcoming fight before nonchalantly jumping from her cell, landing in a trained stance to decrease any potential damage. She took a glance at her opponent. He was a newbie, confused and frightened. A captured one. The fairy took the newbie's place in Tsukirin's mind and she felt her muscles tense.

'The hell is wrong with you, Tsukirin? You don't even care...' the auramancer thought to herself. A shrill sound rang out in Tsukirin's ears and she instinctively moved towards the newbie, fully intent on ripping him apart for the fun of it. Her eyes had just started to turn pink and her aura had barely even manifested itself when the boy was once again mentally replaced, but this time by the image in her locket. Tsukirin's aura shut down for some unknown reason and she veered herself away from the newbie, landing her attack on nothing. Tsukirin swore to herself and then turned her attention back towards the boy. She would kill him if it was the last thing she did. The audience jeered at her last minute diversion. Tsukirin ignored it and circled around the boy again, once again calling up her aura to find an unpleasant surprise. It was weak. Barely even four feet if that at all. Annoyed, Tsukirin shut it down and blamed it on a lack of practice.

No matter, she would just take the boy down without the auramancy. But just as that thought came to mind, the boy realized he was in a fight for his life and he lashed out at Tsukirin. The auramancer barely had time to dodge the attack. He gave her the look that screamed "why are you doing this?" and Tsukirin didn't have an answer to give. She took a step near the boy and he backed away the same distance. Didn't want to get close to the frightening attacker. Tsukirin stopped. The boy stopped. There was a silence for a short moment as neither opponent moved, and the audience even hushed. If she didn't kill him, he would eventually kill her. That was reason enough to end the life of the poor boy. She rushed him and he ran, sprinted away.

Surprisingly, the boy was fast, and Tsukirin couldn't catch him on her speed alone. The auramancer slowed her pace and shot across the Ring in an attempt to cut his escape route off. It had no effect as the boy stopped and veered the other way. The audience laughed at what was apparently a comedic fight taking place before them. Tsukirin grew irritated and dashed towards the boy, intending to kill him. He dashed away as well, but this time he fell and didn't have enough time to get back up. Tsukirin towered above him, her eyes still a deep purple. He looked at her with a terrified expression, but made no sound. Perhaps he was mute.

Tsukirin raised her aura once more and then with the short range, was prepared to rip into the boy. Suddenly, she couldn't bring herself any further and her auramancy automatically shut down against her will. The auramancer blinked in surprise and then tried again. It failed. Frustrated, Tsukirin turned on her heel and managed to walk a great distance, further than her auramancy could normally reach when it wasn't fueled by a proper emotion (whichever one that was supposed to be for her). The audience booed and hissed at the lack of bloodshed and Tsukirin glanced back at the boy. She could just retreat back to her cell and refuse to fight, but then he would probably have the pleasure of being ripped apart by Aekuro. An unknown emotion welled up inside the auramancer until she could no longer hold it in.

"Damn it!" she shrieked and then whipped around as her aura automatically built up and flew at the boy. It shouldn't have reached, but that time it did. Suddenly, the boy collapsed lifelessly onto the ground, a vein within his brain severed. Not a single drop of blood escaped his body. The audience didn't cheer. They wanted blood, but Tsukirin refused to grant them that. Instead, she retreated back to her cell and then frustratedly took her annoyance out on the pillows within it, but suddenly, there was the sound of soft-padded footsteps. Tsukirin directed her attention to the source of the sound and saw a certain black-striped, white-furred creature standing outside her cell door. "Whad'ya want, Calii?"

"I'm going to open your cell later. You're going to join me and some others in busting out of here."
Back to top Go down
.sickling.
over 1000!
over 1000!
.sickling.

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 am

As Kaien sunk his sharp teeth into the soft, warm flesh of the little girl, he wondered to himself. Was that really necessary? Still, he hadn't fed today, so he was quite parched. Blood flowed freely from the girl's throat: as he sucked, she shuddered deliciously. The tasty, crimson fluid he had been so dying for all of a sudden rushed into his mouth, and he drank every mouthful like an eager dog. He kept on draining the girl, until he was satisfied. By then, his opponent had already given up the fight. Kaien pulled his head out of his opponent's neck. She remained a somewhat lifeless mass in his hands, skin pale from the sudden lack of blood. Her eyes were closed, but she had a rather peaceful look on her face. He wiped the excess blood of his face, licking his lips. Yet, the audience exploded into applause.

Today was Kaien's most un-favorite day yet. He committed the greatest sin yet: drinking the blood of a little girl. In the Pit, there was more than enough to go around for him. Every fight brought him a new meal, great in both flesh and blood. Was there really any reason for him to go killing little girls like this? A sudden rush of emotion welled up inside of Kaien. Suddenly, the sides of the arena flung open, revealing hordes of hungry fighters ready for a bite at the girl's flesh. Within moments, an enormous mob had formed up around him, clawing, screaming, and tearing at each other. Normally, he would simply toss the body and let them have it, but today, something was different. He was... reluctant. He didn't want to let them have this girl.

"NO!" Kaien boomed, using the loudest voice he could manage. "She is mine. If you're really that hungry to eat, wait for the next fight, I'm sure it's in a few minutes."

His words evoked immediate response. The hungry crowd quickly died down and broke away, not wanting to face the vampire's wrath. He was sure there would be a little fight over this, so Kaien decided to make his leave as quickly as possible. Kaien, holding the motionless body of the girl, started to run down the path to his cell, not too far from where he was standing. Glaring at the few stragglers who still stood in his way, he passed through the iron gates of the arena and into the main halls, which were lit by flickering torches. The sounds of struggle sounded from the arena. The breaking of bones and limbs, and bloodcurling death cries, the vampire could hear everything. Kaien gave a sigh, glad he had escaped the worst of it. Kaien walked a little before reaching the entrance to his cell. As usual, his cell wasn't something he would call the greatest place to live in, for he had to admit, his previous home was incredibly poor, yet was better than these small, claustrophobic rooms. He strode into his cell and tossed the body of the little girl into the corner of the room. Her tiny, frail body landed on the floor with a small thump before collapsing to the side. Kaien plopped himself onto the iron bench which he slept at night and took a glance at the girl.

She was still breathing. Barely alive, but clinging on with the tiniest thread of life.
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:41 am

Elrich had left the rec area to head back to his cell before he realized that the second bell he heard was actually the beginning of a fight, not the end of rec. He started to walk back to the rec area and looked to see who was fighting who. It seemed the girl he had seen earlier was fighting someone of a ridiculously higher rank. She was rank 220, her foe...42. She fired a swarm of icicles at 42 yet he didn't move. In fact, he pulled out an icicle and laughed. Rank 42 was a vampire. Elrich's blood ran cold. He knew of relatives of his bloodline sent to fight vampires and few returned. Those who did were covered in cuts and gashes and took months, years even to recuperate.

What happened next was so fast, Elrich could have sworn the vampire teleported. He grabbed the girl by the throat and strangled her. The girl struggled and manged to summon a blade of ice which she used to sever the vampire's hand. Not long later, the vampire grew another, picked up the girl, and bit down. Elrich looked away with the glowing image of blood leaving the girl's body in his mind. The cel doors all aruond flung open and Elrich walked away to the rec room.

Elrich felt a hate from the bottom of his stomach begin to burn brighter, a hate he kept down for years. One of his best friends was given the task of killing a vampire many years ago. His friend went out to complete the task and a week later, he still hadn't returned. Elrich and 3 others went out in search of him, knowing already what had become of him. They found the place where the vampire lived to find it deserted except for a pale corpse lying in a corner.

Elrich shoved the memory to the back of his mind and began training. Training always helped him put his thoughts aside.
Back to top Go down
VVO-The obsessor
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
VVO-The obsessor

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 am

The auramancer lay back on her pillows, undisturbed for a long period of time after her only fight of the day. Oddly enough, she'd lost all appetite and hadn't gong out to tear into any remains. She had chosen to keep to her cell and only when those that stopped by her cell asked her questions did Tsukirin bother to stir herself much. Her eyes stayed focused on a singular spot on the ceiling of her cell, her body too achingly tired to bother moving around for some unknown reason. In all reality, she wasn't sure what it was making her so ridiculously exhausted for no apparent reason, but it was hindering her auramancy. True, she had reached further than her usual five meter reach in her previous match, but that had been only for an instant. Since then, her aura felt like a massive amount of weight on her shoulders and the purple-haired woman wasn't able to reach further than four feet with it.

'Gonna get yourself killed this way...' the auramancer thought to herself while letting her eyes droop half shut. She wasn't sure what was restraining her aura so easily, as a Sial-clan auramancer's abilities were namely only affected by drastic changes in the user's emotions. Normally when they were feeling one of their weaker aura-generating emotions. It was different for every member, and for certain others there was no weak emotion. For Tsukirin? She'd never once experienced a downsize of her aura due to emotional problems. Probably because she'd never cared much for her own emotions and always lived spur-of-the-moment. The woman hadn't really ever bothered to think or feel past the sheer joy of shredding someone into pieces.

A sigh escaped Tsukirin's lips, her body sinking a little further into her pillows. The audience was shrieking for the next fight, but apparently the higher-ups hadn't expected for Tsukirin to deny the audience bloodshed and they were trying to come up with a fight that would draw them back into the battles. For the first time in her life, Tsukirin thought the audience members were complete and utter idiots for being so fascinated by the deaths of others. A thin, flickering tendril reached out, barely got anywhere, then vanished. Tsukirin didn't understand why her abilities were so...weak. It gave her a frustrating feeling of being defenseless. In the Ring, everyone hated feeling defenseless. She stirred herself lightly at the sound of someone outside her cell. A guard, large and bulky stood beyond the bars. The woman didn't make a sound and returned her gaze to the ceiling before the guard could start speaking.

"Didn't put up much of a fight, huh?" he questioned in a slightly mocking tone. Tsukirin ignored him and the man began to spew insults and obscenities at the auramancer. She didn't move to attack him like she normally would have. It was too much effort to go through just to get herself into more trouble later on. The guard continued jeering and laughing before realizing that the fighter wasn't going to respond. He grew bored shortly afterwards and left grumbling to himself. "Eugh. What a depressing thing. Won't even get up..." and he left continuing his grievances against Tsukirin's lack of proper emotion. The auramancer in question simply turned the golden locket over in her hand, not bothering to open it, but simply taking pleasure in knowing it was there.

'Guess I'm depressing now,' Tsukirin thought while shutting her eyes entirely. At the very least, she was capable of sleeping through almost anything after so many years in the ring. Just about the only things that could wake her up were her sensitivity to danger, the bells, and the opening of her cell door. And so Tsukirin drifted off to sleep, letting her mind plague her with a thousand questions that she couldn't answer. Not even in her dreams.

[[ooc:: short post is short. Time skip will happen in my next post, so make proper preparations.]]
Back to top Go down
DarkLink3603
Valiant poster
Valiant poster
DarkLink3603

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:08 am

Elrich jumped back nimbly onto his feet before lunging forward again. He spun and slammed his foot into the side of the dummy, but he stimbled and fell flat on his face. "Urgh, gotta work on that," he muttered. He was practicing a combat style he learned. It was meant to use agility to dodge an enemy and attacking immediately afterward, when they are most vulnerable. The problem was, he was used to using a weapon while doing it. He also had practiced using an enemy's own power against them, sort of a technique where you grab your foe while they attack and hurling them in a new direction.

Elrich stood up and walked away, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. He headed back to his cell to get some rest. His stomach ached and he realized he hadn't eaten in a few days. The last thing he ate was a few rabbits from the Llanwar forest and he was hungry. He reached his cell and sat back. He watched. He knew he would have to eat eventually. He sat back and waited for what he knew he needed, but dreaded the moment that would eventually come so he sat down, and watched.

OOC: Argh short post but this rp needed another post and there isn't much to post about
Back to top Go down
Cram
Admin
Admin
Cram

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:35 am

[[ooc: Italics are inner monologue]]

"My how fascinating. An arena where people fight like the animals they are to the death. I could get used to this..."

"So they caught him?"
"Yeah! They caught the Crimson Demon!"
"So where's he goin?"
"The Pit where else?"

This was the last conversation that met Lantou's ears as he was chained to the ground of a steel cage.

"Yes, I am the Crimson Demon. I was the one who devoured your family, I was the one who destroyed your life, I was the one who you so hate...But..I am he no longer..."

The Pit. As the prison carraige drew closer to the structure, Lantou felt the ecstasy only felt from the smell of freshly spilt blood. As his cage was opened, 3 guards were stationed to get him out.

"Alright! Get the scab out!"
"Careful, careful!"
"Aye, he's an ugly bugger eh?"

"Am I an animal, by no means, no. But am I treated as such? Yes."

He was laid onto the ground with a cold steel spearhead as a red hot steel plate was pushed onto his exposed neck. His arm was then ruthlessly grabbed as they pressed the same plate onto his forearm. It read "327"

Hospitality and all, he was quickly risen to be thrown against a stone wall, outfitted with iron bars.
"Never have I been treated such by my guests!"

As he looked around the dank room, he came across several dark figures. Soon his eyes adjusted to the darkness and he came upon several grotesque creatures. "Egads! You call yourselves people?"

"He's still awake..."
"But....He looks...DELICIOUS"
"Yeah, c'mon boys! Let's eat!"

Lantou chuckled and wagged his finger in front of them. "Tsk, tsk, tsk!" He opened his eyes. "So quick to rush to your deaths..." He brought his fingers to a single point as his eyes began to dilate and turn an incandescent yellow. As the first fighter breathed in, Lantou was already 5 inches from his face. With a deft strike, he thrust his left hand into the fighter's gut and the other, into his eye sockets. He clenched his hand as it sat inside the warm, bleeding socket and hyper-extended his other.

The fighter whimpered and cried as he felt Lantou's hand inside his gut. He pleaded with him to spare his life. Lantou leant in and whispered into his ear: "Now where is the fun in THAT?" He gripped the intestines on his adversary and jammed his hand further into the fighter's head. With a terrifying ripping noise, he liberated the head from his opponent as well as his lower body.

Such strength, could only come from the bastard child of a pair of lycans, was used on a feeble, and hungry human. Lantou dropped the intestines and head onto the dusty ground and brought his bloodied hands to his face. "Such a shame..." He slicked his hair back with his bloodied hands. "I was hoping for more of...a meal." He turned slowly to the other two fighters and gave them a sickening, inhuman grin.

"But, I hope you two will cover the remaining two courses..."

Their screams were heard on the entire cell block all night...
Back to top Go down
http://xplodingbrain.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

Dogfights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dogfights   Dogfights Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogfights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RPG/TextRPG Forum :: Welcome to Isiya-
Jump to: