Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join to turn off ads

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Current Reading

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kudo
Kudo

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Current Reading Empty
PostSubject: Current Reading   Current Reading EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Since this is mostly going to just turn into topics of one to 3 posts, why not just condense it into one, talk about what it is you're currently reading here, if you're posting a review or something, then a seperate topic is certainly for you :p

I'm currently reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins

was released only a month or two ago and it seems to be very interesting, I don't do book reviews though, so instead I'll give a small rundown

It's the future, food has ran short (hence the name of the book, quite a few modern stories start like that) the civilization has been split into 13 districts all under the rule of The Empire (think beggining of FFVII here) The Empire has complete rule, and non dare show a full face rebellion against it...like what Section 13 did, that Section, was obliterated, by The Empire, and to show the Empire's power, each year it takes 2 children, a girl and a boy from each district at random (actually they have a system which is pretty detailed but I'd rather not go into it), and forces them to fight to the death, they call these the Hunger Games

Naturally, the main character (a girl) ends up being chosen for the Hunger Games (she volunteered in place of her little sister who was truely chosen) and it goes on from there...
Back to top Go down

Current Reading
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: For Fun :: Books, Manga, Anime, & Others-
Jump to: